Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#14931 - 01/11/12 11:05 AM New Windows 7 PC can't install PT LE8.0.1 and Eleven Rack
Alamor Offline

Hi folks
I just bought a new PC owing to the demise of my previous PC.
This new PC has Windows 7 on it and low and behold PT LE 8.0.1 won't install.
I have removed IE9 and under the IE8 I have disabled it as it's part of the Windows7 fabric it can't be removed completely.( Unless you know better)
So has anyone managed to install PT LE 8.0.1 using Windows 7
and if so detailed instructions would be much appreciated.
I have searched the AVID website untill I am nearly at my wits end trying to find a solution to this but as yet nothing I have tried has got passed the error message which is:
Feature: Transfer Error
Feature: Eleven
Component: Eleven UI Plug ins
File D:\ Pro Tools Le Installer\ Data2.Cab
Error: Data Error ( Cyclic Redundancy Check)

All help would be appreciated.

#14934 - 01/11/12 11:40 AM Re: New Windows 7 PC can't install PT LE8.0.1 and Eleven Rack [Re: Alamor]
TLTD Offline
veteran member

Loc: Michigan
Sounds like a bad disk man, Windows 7 works great with Pro Tools once you get it installed. Try to transfer the files from DVD to a USB drive or right to your hard drive and install it. There are tools for copying hard to read disks that are free. Wish I could remember what they're called, but they override the timeout and keep trying. I transferred several gigs of video I thought were lost forever off a bad disk thanks to programs like that.

#14958 - 01/11/12 07:18 PM Re: New Windows 7 PC can't install PT LE8.0.1 and Eleven Rack [Re: TLTD]
Alamor Offline

Hi TLTD tried that still the same error.
Feature: Transfer Error
Feature: Eleven
Component: Eleven UI Plug ins
File D:\ Pro Tools Le Installer\ Data2.Cab
Error: Data Error ( Cyclic Redundancy Check)

#14971 - 01/12/12 03:53 AM Re: New Windows 7 PC can't install PT LE8.0.1 and Eleven Rack [Re: Alamor]
moff40 Offline
advanced member

Loc: British Columbia Canada
I was an IT guy for many years.

I haven't seen one in a long time, especially since floppy drives went extinct, but a CRC error occurs when data can't be read - in this case, what can't be read is a file named Data2.cab, which is a compressed installation file. In the case of CDs\DVDs, CRC errors are usually due to a defective or dirty disk or CD\DVD drive (or even a drive that's too sensitive to scratches on the media). If you were using a downloaded installer, it can be caused by a corrupt or incomplete download.

In short, try cleaning both the disk and the drive. If that doesn't work, try an different DVD drive, and if THAT doesn't work, the only option left is that the disk is pooched... smile

Edited by moff40 (01/12/12 04:00 AM)
Ibanez RG550
Variax 500
Takamine F-400SEL 12-string
Yamaha APX-6L

Warwick Bass Endorsing Artist:
4&5 string Corvettes

Mesa, Marshall, and Ampeg amps
2 x Avid Eleven Racks

#14999 - 01/12/12 06:40 PM Re: New Windows 7 PC can't install PT LE8.0.1 and Eleven Rack [Re: moff40]
Alamor Offline

I contacted AVID and their UK help desk sent me an email with a download for PT LE8.0.4 which is certified for Windows 7 and verification code to get it.A large d/load at 3.4 GB but worth it.
I am now loaded up I just need the inspiration now ;0)
Thanks for your advice much obliged.