Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#58 - 12/23/09 11:00 AM Re: Sweetwater presets [Re: DrGit]
ALX Offline

Loc: Indiana
Mitch,
I am not wanting to start a fire here, but Line 6 is proud to share presets with customers and being in a cover band (Which most of us are), love being able to come up with sounds quickly by sharing as well as downloading others ideas. I also spend a lot of time and effort making mine.

I understand Sweetwaters possition on this, but I can not believe that a preset that gets purchesed by a customer, can not be shared by the owner - However, even though I desagree with your prespective, I also respect it.

We are not sharing pre-sets to make money, we are only artist who love to make sweet music.

If Sweetwater was smart, they would create a sight like this one, where customers could down load great presets - Tell Chuck S. about this idea and tell him Alex from Fort Wayne IN sent you.... smile

For the rest of you reading this keep sharing and love music, for God proudly gave it to you my friends.

Merry Christmas and God Bless!

#60 - 12/23/09 11:56 AM Re: Sweetwater presets [Re: ALX]
Chucksweet Offline

Hi Alex,
It is good to hear from you.

Believe me, I would love to make the presets available. We have released a lot of presets for other instruments in the past. I love being able to give back to the musician community.

As Mitch said, in this case, because of the speed of this project and the stature of most of the guitar players we did not negotiate for the rights to give their sounds away freely. All of the endorsee artists knew we were including them with Eleven Rack sales.

As for Sweetwater being smart and making a site like this one. I appreciate your support, but this one is already in place and appears to be working well. I am not sure what we could bring to the table or why we would want to duplicate the great effort that has already been done here.

Thanks and I hope you have a great holiday season.

Chuck

#61 - 12/23/09 03:56 PM Re: Sweetwater presets [Re: Chucksweet]
Justin Online   content

advanced member

Loc: Portland, Oregon
Chuck -

Thanks for taking the time to respond and explain Sweetwater's position. I certainly understand and respect your decision. I would not have posted the presets for download had I known this was the intention and I will keep them off the site going forward.

This site was started to address the many Eleven Rack owners who wanted a place to exchange presets much like the Line 6 Custom Tone site http://line6.com/customtone/library/ where users and Line 6 staff freely upload/download presets for their products.

The more people exchange presets and ideas about Eleven Rack, the more they tell their friends and the community grows and grows.

You and the staff at Sweetwater are more then welcome to post to the forum and upload any presets you'd like to share. Again, thanks for supporting the Eleven Rack Community.

Justin

#62 - 12/24/09 01:02 AM Re: Sweetwater presets [Re: DrGit]
Bluesman Offline

Loc: Brisbane Qld Australia
Just joined forum and was dissappointed to see the retraction of Sweetwater presets, being in Australia it was not feasable to purchase thru them anyway, any other ideas on how I can source? All help appreciated. BTW, am using Eleven Rack live at a Gig on 27th Dec, still a bit nervous

Thanks,
Neil

#64 - 12/27/09 08:49 PM Re: Sweetwater presets [Re: Bluesman]
DrGit Offline
advanced member

Loc: Tampa Florida
I hear you. I wanted to buy my 11R from SW, but they haven't had any in quite some time. So I bought one from a guy who owned it for 2 days and couldn't afford it with Christmas and all. But I waited for SW for over a month. I believe they still don't have them in stock....

#66 - 12/28/09 03:03 PM Re: Sweetwater presets [Re: Bluesman]
Bluesman Offline

Loc: Brisbane Qld Australia
Used unit at a gig live on 27th Dec, just used it for one 45 min set to try out and then went back to standard set up for rest of the night.
I had it plugged in directly to PA through stagebox & mixer and then sent via oputput to amp (prior to amp and cab modelling) to on stage amp for monitor, found I didn't really need that as was getting sufficient to monitor sound through foldbacks but it was of assistance. All in all was happy with sound and tone but still need some tweaking to get completely comfortable. BTW we play mainly Blues and Classic Rock.

#70 - 12/30/09 01:01 AM Re: Sweetwater presets [Re: DrGit]
Mark Orth Offline

Loc: United States
I was about to share my Sweetwater presets until I saw the post from Justin. Too bad they cannot be shared, but I understand Intellectual Property issues.

What is the mechanism MitchG for 11R owners from Sweetwater to get our hands on all the latest and greatest artist presets? I am missing Sol Philcox and Steve Stevens.

Thanks. Great site Justin!

Mark
2003 Carvin 50th Anniversary + Carvin Acoustic/Electric
2009 Jeff Beck Strat
2009 Les Paul Standard Sweetwater Ltd Edition Silverburst
2010 Fender Custom Shop Blue Telecaster
1985 Martin D-18

#81 - 12/31/09 09:39 AM Re: Sweetwater presets [Re: Mark Orth]
X-Mann Offline
veteran member

Loc: Detroit
Hey..........

So I called Sweetwater & tried to buy the artist presets from them, but they said no............

While I understand this to a point I don't see why they can't just sell them to me....I'm willing to pay for them.......

I just want to learn what an Artist is doing & look at the chain as far as any PRO tricks go........

I really only want the Steve Stevens presets anyways.......

Could someone that has the SS lead patch at least just tell me the amp, cab & FX type (reverb, delay).......etc.......I'm close in making my own now anyways........

So I pay my $899.99 for my 11-R (but not from Sweetwater)& I praise 11-R on ALL of the major forums to.......I contribute songs & tips as well. I even try to pay for the things that I want & still nothing? I guess all I can do is move on.....& ah.....keep buying from Musicians Friend.......Lol

I would have switched all my gear purchases to S.W. had they let me buy (not give for free) them..........I'll just keep givin my annual $3k to M.F. & make my own patches...........Lol

As soon as I get my version of the SS Solo preset I'll upload it here for all to use..........

Peace & Happy New Years all.......

X-Mann
..............Eleven Rack Audio..................
http://soundcloud.com/udamann88/im-alright-x-mann

#83 - 12/31/09 12:24 PM Re: Sweetwater presets [Re: X-Mann]
DrGit Offline
advanced member

Loc: Tampa Florida
Thanks Buddy....Your too thoughtful and a cool guitarist

#85 - 12/31/09 03:58 PM Re: Sweetwater presets [Re: X-Mann]
Mark Orth Offline

Loc: United States
Sweetwater rocks, heads and tails better than Musician's Friend and any other online site. I have dropped about $10K with them in the last 3 months, including my 11R, and I am extremely happy with them and my sales engineer Mike Conyers.

The issue with the artist pre-sets is one of intellectual property and relationship management with those artists. I would be happy to share all the artist presets but am willing to respect the wishes of both the artists and Sweetwater.

This being said, the Steve Steven's Solo rig includes the following:

Volume pedal =>Black Op Distortion => '82 Lead 100 Amp/4X12 Classic 30 Cab/Condo 87 mic =>Tape Echo Delay => Eleven Stereo Reverb

Rock On!
Mark
2003 Carvin 50th Anniversary + Carvin Acoustic/Electric
2009 Jeff Beck Strat
2009 Les Paul Standard Sweetwater Ltd Edition Silverburst
2010 Fender Custom Shop Blue Telecaster
1985 Martin D-18

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 >