Page 2 of 27 < 1 2 3 4 ... 26 27 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1274 - 06/25/10 10:12 PM Re: New 11R presets from Sweetwater? [Re: 6stringriffs]
VaiSatchAtrucci Offline
veteran member

Loc: Nashvegas
It's what they call 'sarcasm' brother... smile The first ones were less than stellar and I just want to see if any newer ones are any better which if Satriani comes up with some, I for one sure want to see what he comes up with - that doesn't intrigue you in the least?

Nobody is suggesting it's complicated or that we can't come close - but just like how a Marshall Plexi only has a few knobs and a LOT less complicated than the 11R, people still want to know what settings Eric Johnson uses just like with Petrucci and his Boogies, and <insert guitar player here>...

While the 11R is not complicated, there are still a slew of combinations signal chain and settings wise that as subtle as they may seem make a huge difference and I may use a Treadplate amp to try and cop a tone and someone else may be able to get something similar using the Marshall so it's not always so cut and dry. We all hear and approach things differently and my rig on my guitar is not going to sound the same with yours which then you end up with two completely different presets which sound the same but not set up the same... So for ME it's intriguing to see HOW they went about it.

Make sense?

It's not a 3 month wait at Sweetwater NOW of course, this was when they first came out and NOBODY had any in stock practically. They also offer payment plans too which appeals to a lot of folks who don't have all the $$$ up front.

#1291 - 06/28/10 10:40 AM Re: New 11R presets from Sweetwater? [Re: VaiSatchAtrucci]
0dannyboy Offline
advanced member

wink

#1294 - 06/28/10 10:52 AM Re: New 11R presets from Sweetwater? [Re: VaiSatchAtrucci]
mikefont Offline
veteran member

Loc: H-Town
Originally Posted By: VaiSatchAtrucci
I guess what I'm saying is if you have the NEW ones, email them to me so I can 'evaluate' - I just want to make sure they are safe for everyone... It's an act of mercy really... LOL

Count me in for the testing staff! Cause no Eleven Rack should be left behind!

#1486 - 07/16/10 12:34 PM Re: New 11R presets from Sweetwater? [Re: mikefont]
Rich5150 Offline
advanced member

Loc: USA
Anyone got the new ones yet that didnt buy from sweetwater how are they

#1991 - 08/16/10 08:42 PM Re: New 11R presets from Sweetwater? [Re: Rich5150]
roliver5150 Offline

Originally Posted By: Rich5150
Anyone got the new ones yet that didnt buy from sweetwater how are they

I bought mine from Sweetwater in April before the new presets had been announced/released. When they posted the clips online I contacted my sales person (great staff there in my experience) and he managed to get me a zip file with the new presets; unfortunately, they didn't do a lot for me. I know so much of it is down to what type of guitar you use and what you are running through, but at least with the first bunch there were 5 or 6 that sounded ok with my stuff and I could tweak. The second bunch with the Satriani presets were a huge disappointment. Especially the Satch settings. They didn't allow me to surf with the alien at all!

So once again, as many have already pointed out, so much of it comes down to your guitar, and your touch, and the presets are somewhat secondary...

#1992 - 08/16/10 10:33 PM Re: New 11R presets from Sweetwater? [Re: roliver5150]
0dannyboy Offline
advanced member

I must agree 100% the presets are fun to play with to get to know your amps but in reality for me they arent much good for live use. you'll need to find a few that are close tweek to taste and start from scratch with the other amps. I am still working an acceptable plexi sound for my stuff ...that amp is hard for me to dail in for some reason...While others here say its there favorite amp...depends on the stuff your useing alot. I like the Fender amps alot and am getting to like the AC 30 vox with the new p90s too... Soooo much to learn so many guitars so little time...good luck peaceout.

#1993 - 08/16/10 10:41 PM Re: New 11R presets from Sweetwater? [Re: 0dannyboy]
DrGit Offline
advanced member

Loc: Tampa Florida
I want to find a 20% off coupon to use at SW so I can buy another 11R....Figure $899 x .20 = $719 for a new one (i'll take it) come on Mitch hook up the guys that wanted to buy from you guys but you never had any in stock last Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec...Now you guys probably have tons of them

Edited by DrGit (08/16/10 10:41 PM)

#2027 - 08/20/10 06:41 PM Re: New 11R presets from Sweetwater? [Re: DrGit]
Red Offline
advanced member

I am looking forward to the day that the 11R has a stick memory gizmo like the H&K Coreblade. That would be the ultimate in convenience. Just haul the stick to the gig, knowing that everything would be tweaked to your standards.

Right now, one would have to bring some laptop to download, and yes, it is pretty darn easy to do, thanks.

#2030 - 08/20/10 09:47 PM Re: New 11R presets from Sweetwater? [Re: Red]
DrGit Offline
advanced member

Loc: Tampa Florida
Say what???

#2039 - 08/21/10 11:58 AM Re: New 11R presets from Sweetwater? [Re: DrGit]
0dannyboy Offline
advanced member

thats a great advantage of digital amps you can back up the settings...I remember a gig out of high school the guy has a Mesa whatever and someone messed up his settings on the front was like 2 rows of eqs and such...it was right before a show and I thought he was gonna cry... with your rigs backed up to a memory stick all you have to do is find a eleven rack and a laptop in the place your playing... backup the new 11rack with your rigs and tada you take your tone wherever you go....kewl.

Page 2 of 27 < 1 2 3 4 ... 26 27 >