Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 ... 26 27 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1255 - 06/25/10 10:53 AM New 11R presets from Sweetwater?
VaiSatchAtrucci Offline
veteran member

Loc: Nashvegas
Check out this link :

Sweetwater Article

Now it would seem to ME that Avid would be the ones approaching artists to create presets for them and provide them for everyone... I mean I get the whole marketing ploy on Sweetwaters part, but really ?

So my question is to anyone who has purchased from Sweetwater - do you somehow have access to any new presets that may come out or are you SOL on that? I would imagine you could contact them and go hey WTF I want the new artist presets...

I really would love to hear/see Satriani's of course as well as the others they say have created or WILL BE creating.

Just found it interesting... I mean is Sweetwater making that much profit off the 11R? The way they shroud the artist presets in such secrecy you'd think the only product they sell and make money on is the 11R... LOL smile It would be different if they were just outstanding presets and I could see why then, but I didn't find them any more impressive than the factory presets really. I think though with the newer ones, they may stand a better shot at being good since the 11R has been out for a while now?

The funniest thing is I WANTED to buy mine from Sweetwater but didn't want to wait 3 months to get one.

Oh the injustice! smile

#1257 - 06/25/10 11:03 AM Re: New 11R presets from Sweetwater? [Re: VaiSatchAtrucci]
Rich5150 Offline
advanced member

Loc: USA
I belive that once you purchase it from Sweetwater you get access to all future presets that get created. That being siad id like to get my hands on the new ones as well. Some of the original ones were ok but some were MEH.It is just more a ah so thats how he would create a tone thing.

#1259 - 06/25/10 11:19 AM Re: New 11R presets from Sweetwater? [Re: VaiSatchAtrucci]
mikefont Offline
veteran member

Loc: H-Town
Originally Posted By: VaiSatchAtrucci
The funniest thing is I WANTED to buy mine from Sweetwater but didn't want to wait 3 months to get one.

Oh the injustice! smile

That was the exact same situation that I was in. I was about to pull the trigger with Sweetwater until I went to check the 11R out at the Guitar Center on President's Day weekend. They were having their President's Day Sale going on, so I picked up my 11R at 15% off the price! So... I saved some money NOT going to Sweetwater AND I didn't have ta wait 3 months for it!

And I too have also wondered why it is not AVID going after those artist for presets. If AVID was the one landing those artists, then you would no doubt see all kinds of ads in magazines about them using the 11R, just like you see all of those artists on the Axe-FX ads. That's just a missed opportunity for AVID in my book!

#1260 - 06/25/10 11:34 AM Re: New 11R presets from Sweetwater? [Re: mikefont]
Ryk Offline

Does anybody here that bought it with the artist preset from sweetwater had post the preset in here? or are these preset protected by any intelectual property ? any chance we could find them in zip file or something , i wish we could download the preset here in zip file like all of it one time smile

#1262 - 06/25/10 11:43 AM Re: New 11R presets from Sweetwater? [Re: Ryk]
billm408 Offline

Loc: San Jose, CA
Can't speak for a lot of the artists listed, but I know Steve Stevens posts on a couple of different gear forums and is open about sharing stuff. I'm sure if you asked him, he'd be glad to give you his pre sets.

#1266 - 06/25/10 02:10 PM Re: New 11R presets from Sweetwater? [Re: Ryk]
mikefont Offline
veteran member

Loc: H-Town
Originally Posted By: Ryk
Does anybody here that bought it with the artist preset from sweetwater had post the preset in here? or are these preset protected by any intelectual property ? any chance we could find them in zip file or something , i wish we could download the preset here in zip file like all of it one time smile

Hey Ryk, here is a previous thread regarding the Sweetwater Artist Presets

Mike

#1267 - 06/25/10 02:53 PM Re: New 11R presets from Sweetwater? [Re: mikefont]
Ryk Offline

Preset protected!!!!! Just don't use unsweetenwater name when posting artist preset and tweak it then rename smile wow we could go in jail for illegual preset possession

#1269 - 06/25/10 05:49 PM Re: New 11R presets from Sweetwater? [Re: Ryk]
VaiSatchAtrucci Offline
veteran member

Loc: Nashvegas
I guess what I'm saying is if you have the NEW ones, email them to me so I can 'evaluate' - I just want to make sure they are safe for everyone... It's an act of mercy really... LOL

#1271 - 06/25/10 06:28 PM Re: New 11R presets from Sweetwater? [Re: VaiSatchAtrucci]
Rich5150 Offline
advanced member

Loc: USA
Yes id like to evaluate them as well gotta make sure they are decint and not corrupt or such nasty things whistle

Edited by Rich5150 (06/25/10 06:28 PM)

#1273 - 06/25/10 07:53 PM Re: New 11R presets from Sweetwater? [Re: Rich5150]
6stringriffs Offline

Loc: Indianapolis
Secret Presets?! Come On!

11R is not exactly that complicated. It doesn't have that many amp or fx models. Is it really going to be that hard to figure out & duplicate a "proprietary" preset.

Or how about this: who ever has these Sweetner presets, just post the RIG configuration. It isn't that hard to set them to get real close to what you hear from a pair of PC speakers.

And what's with the 3 month wait at Sweetner to get an 11R? Come on man! Almost every online dealer is selling a demo for $700! How do you think I got mine?

Edited by 6stringriffs (06/25/10 07:55 PM)

Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 ... 26 27 >