Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#36943 - 01/20/14 11:40 PM Help please!!!
DavidKey Offline

Loc: italy
HI, iam new!( Sorry for my english)!!! I have a problem with this fantastic interface called eleven rack!
I dont use pro tools for recording cause i never know it very well..so i use cubase...for recording my guitar i put the jack into in of the eleven rack and i send the segnal into IN of focusrite audio interface ( cause if i put the eleven rack direct on my pc with the usb, the seeting of my audio interface create some problems) so...for send this signal..which outoput i having to use?? Main outoput or amp out??
I have another problem...the send e return...i dont know the chains? Sombody can told me which is the chains?
i have try some chians but i dont like me.
Thanks, sorry another time for my english!

Dk

#36952 - 01/21/14 08:22 AM Re: Help please!!! [Re: DavidKey]
midrange Offline
advanced member

For output, you can use either. Make sure in the main menu you have whichever output you're using set to full RIG OUT. This can be set for either of those outputs

As for chains? Not sure what you mean but I'm assuming FX loop. Make sure it's turned on, and check the levels of it in the settings.

Welcome!

#36958 - 01/21/14 04:09 PM Re: Help please!!! [Re: midrange]
Rushian Offline
veteran member

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Hello and welcome, I agree with Midrange and put together a diagram to help you. I have shown my order of preference for the outputs, based on quality of signal, for your situation.

Also, the videos on this site may help you understand the 11 Rack better: http://elevenrackusers.blogspot.com/p/eleven-rack-tutorials.html

Hope this helps!

Rushian

#36959 - 01/21/14 04:12 PM Re: Help please!!! [Re: Rushian]
Rushian Offline
veteran member

#36960 - 01/21/14 04:49 PM Re: Help please!!! [Re: Rushian]
midrange Offline
advanced member

Rushian, I see you list outputs in order of preference. Are you saying the digital out will be a higher quality? This is slightly confusing to me as the rig is digital.. but if you do digital out instead of analog, does that save the audio being converted twice?

Is the usb out the same as aes?

#36966 - 01/21/14 06:33 PM Re: Help please!!! [Re: midrange]
noguud Offline
advanced member

Loc: FL
Wow, that's a cool diagram!

#37112 - 01/23/14 05:12 PM Re: Help please!!! [Re: noguud]
Rushian Offline
veteran member

Midrange, yes my preference is based on keeping the signal digital so it is not converted and converted again (assuming the interface has the digital in). With regard to the USB, yes that is a digital signal too. As far as XLR vs TRS personally I have found the XLR to be better. I used the TRS into my Peavey classic 60/60 power amp and it never sounded as loud as I thought it should be. So as an experiment I tried it with the XLR and oh my god!! The volume almost plastered me on the opposite wall!!! So I have been using the XLR since and I think I have a better tone from them as well.

noguud: thank you, I am a PowerPoint wizard !! LOL!