Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#21362 - 08/07/12 04:25 AM 11R new owner - time to join the fun !
aftershox Offline

Loc: Team GB
Hi Team-11

I've been stalking this forum for a while now, and having owned my 11R for just a few weeks - I've decided to sign up and introduce myself;

I'm Mark (born and bred in Great Britain); 41 years young and now the 'proud' owner of the slice of awesome that is Eleven Rack.

Been playing guitar about 20 or so years; playing for pleasure and jamming with other budding players whenever time allows.

I have a few guitars - Gibson Les Paul, Yamaha Pacifica electric and Fender "Unlucky 13" semi-acoustic [Vince Ray Ltd. edition]; with some LANEY ampage ! Also had a stint playing drums and keyboards for a while.......... but the 'call of the axe' was too strong.

As I'm mostly Home Recording / Studio and not really a live player - I invested my hard-earned in a pair of Mackie MR5 Mk2's; an FCB1010 (*soon to get the Eureka Prom, it's in the post!*), upgraded my laptop to cope with ProTools 10.2;

Although I've only owned the 11R for a few weeks, I've found myself scouring the interweb for useful resources; let's face it - the official AVID forums are not so great.

Seems like there are plenty experienced folks around.... and so many *interesting* characters; It's a pretty steep learning curve for PT and 11R, but I'm getting there slowly!

Looking forward to spending a lot more time creating with the 11R and of course reading and contributing to the forums.

One thing I've written recently is a quick tutorial on setting up PT to record the "wet" and the "dry" signal paths from 11R; as the Avid 11R user guide is missing a few steps !!!! If you guys think this is useful, I'll post it up for others to download as a PDF file.

Looking forward to joining the fun!

Mark (aka aftershox)
Home Studio Setup :11R with ERXP // FCB1010 [with EUREKA PROM] // ProTools 10.2 // Pair of Mackie MR5Mk2's // Gibson Les Paul DT // Yamaha Pacifica PAC112X // Fender Semi-Acoustic Vince Ray Unlucky 13 // Takamine EG345c 12 String Electro-Acoustic

#21364 - 08/07/12 06:10 AM Re: 11R new owner - time to join the fun ! [Re: aftershox]
giantkiller Offline
advanced member

Welcome Mark! The more tutorials the better, I say. Check out Benoni's vids on Youtube. He lays it out fairly well with a few different routing options (via usb or s/pdif into another interface)

Edited by giantkiller (08/07/12 06:11 AM)

#21366 - 08/07/12 06:31 AM Re: 11R new owner - time to join the fun ! [Re: aftershox]
X-Mann Offline
veteran member

Loc: Detroit
Yo Aftershox (aka Team GB)......

Whatzzzzz up & welcome home my brother from a far off land.....WE are glad that you are here & what a GREAT thread to start things off son........... cool cool cool

You are in good company & "Yes" please share what you have created......You can never have too much info if you ask me..... smile

I'm glad that the "Call of the axe" pulled you to the Orange side too!!!!

Can't wait to see some pictures of your gear, studio or whatever.....& share any awesome Rigs that you create or music that you make.......We'd love to hear it & see it ALL..........

Peace (& welcome)!!!! X-Mann (Aka Your Fun-Time Cruise Director) grin
..............Eleven Rack Audio..................
http://soundcloud.com/udamann88/im-alright-x-mann

#21371 - 08/07/12 08:55 AM Re: 11R new owner - time to join the fun ! [Re: X-Mann]
Mister_Riff Offline
veteran member

Loc: Belgium
Welcome to the club aftershox cool

I was also totally new to the "Recording Thing" when I got the Eleven Rack ... Now I'm quite comfortable recording myself and love to do so. I'm not making professional grade EP's over here but I'm having a ton of fun and that's my prime objective grin

Also: Be sure to check out X-Mann's 30 Second challenge thread!!!

#21384 - 08/07/12 01:35 PM Re: 11R new owner - time to join the fun ! [Re: aftershox]
wellington2k Offline

Been stalking for a while too and finally took a bite of the orange yesterday. Lovin' it.

#21386 - 08/07/12 01:43 PM Re: 11R new owner - time to join the fun ! [Re: wellington2k]
X-Mann Offline
veteran member

Originally Posted By: wellington2k
Been stalking for a while too and finally took a bite of the orange yesterday. Lovin' it.

Wow, another new user!!!! This is GREAT & welcome Wellington2k!!!!! cool

Look around, post on some threads, share your pics, music & Rigs......Oh....& You have mail son!!!!!

Again, welcome! smile

X-Mann (aka Tim)

#21389 - 08/07/12 04:00 PM Re: 11R new owner - time to join the fun ! [Re: X-Mann]
jvstrat Offline
advanced member

Welcome to club 11 boys

#21393 - 08/07/12 05:49 PM Re: 11R new owner - time to join the fun ! [Re: jvstrat]
rushfan Offline
advanced member

Loc: Cedar Falls, Iowa
Welcome, one and all! Great to have you here - post the pics, tunes, noodling, anything you create - it's all good. You'll find this is THE BEST guitar and musical inspirational forum anywhere!

And you don't even need an 11R to be here, but it doesn't hurt!

#21395 - 08/07/12 06:10 PM Re: 11R new owner - time to join the fun ! [Re: rushfan]
aussiebail Offline
veteran member

Originally Posted By: rushfan

. Right! Just dont come here spamming handbags and baby carriers!

Since you've been peaking in on us for a little bit, you know what your in for, and the fact that you still wat to be a part of it...Well welcome home!

#21396 - 08/07/12 06:58 PM Re: 11R new owner - time to join the fun ! [Re: aussiebail]
X-Mann Offline
veteran member

Originally Posted By: aussiebail
Originally Posted By: rushfan

. Right! Just dont come here spamming handbags and baby carriers!

Since you've been peaking in on us for a little bit, you know what your in for, and the fact that you still wat to be a part of it...Well welcome home!

Hey, I only sold a few of those handbags on here & I said I was sorry after too!!!!

At least they were Plaid!!!!! grin

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >