Standalone Eleven Rack Editor

Posted by: Str@man

Standalone Eleven Rack Editor - 04/19/11 03:46 PM

Guys, something I don't understand, is why there is ONLY 146 votes on the
"Standalone Eleven Rack Editor" and yet this group has over 600 members???!

Anyone that has not voted on this, would you please consider going to the following URL and doing so:

http://protools.ideascale.com/a/dtd/25603-3779#

I asking that you actually VOTE, not just put a comment on the bottom of the page.....PLEASE?

I have to believe there are more than 146 people that HATES having to open Pro Tools
and wait while it checks and loads every plug-in known to man, just so you can load a patch to the 11R...

Just a thought guys.
Posted by: mikefont

Re: Standalone Eleven Rack Editor - 04/19/11 04:35 PM

I voted "I AGREE" for it the day that request was posted!
And now that you bring it up, it IS kinda funny that it has only 146 votes in favor.....WTF?????

Posted by: Eddie

Re: Standalone Eleven Rack Editor - 04/19/11 04:38 PM

Just voted !!!!

Re: Standalone Eleven Rack Editor - 04/19/11 04:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Eddie
Just voted !!!!

Thanks Eddie; much appreciated!!

I also wanted to say that I always cracked-up every time you
told Mrs. Cleaver what a beautiful dress she had on grin

Re: Standalone Eleven Rack Editor - 04/19/11 05:05 PM

Originally Posted By: mikefont
And now that you bring it up, it IS kinda funny that it has only 146 votes in favor.....WTF?????

LOL, yeah I kinda thought along those same lines Mike. And it's rank is 43...... WHAT?????????
I don't understand why this is not the #1 issue.

I could just imagine every time someone wants to try a new patch that they open PT
and sit and think "happy thoughts" (NOT), while it goes thru a triathlon before it will
even let you get to the Editor....
Posted by: X-Mann

Re: Standalone Eleven Rack Editor - 04/19/11 05:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Str@man
Guys, something I don't understand, is why there is ONLY 146 votes on the
"Standalone Eleven Rack Editor" and yet this group has over 600 members???!

Anyone that has not voted on this, would you please consider going to the following URL and doing so:

I asking that you actually VOTE, not just put a comment on the bottom of the page.....PLEASE?

I have to believe there are more than 146 people that HATES having to open Pro Tools
and wait while it checks and loads every plug-in known to man, just so you can load a patch to the 11R...

Just a thought guys.

While this is not a real big issue for me & I hate being told what to do by anyone........Lol.......

I did log-in & just voted yes to this for ya Str@man....

So......

I'd like to be paid back in a kind comment (to be redeemed at a time & forum of my choosing) later on or maybe a "Lol" added onto one of my dumb jokes when needed........

Peace! X-Mann

Re: Standalone Eleven Rack Editor - 04/19/11 05:59 PM

Originally Posted By: UDAMANN88
While this is not a real big issue for me & I hate being told what to do by anyone........Lol.......

I did log-in & just voted yes to this for ya Str@man....

So......

I'd like to be paid back in a kind comment (to be redeemed at a time & forum of my choosing) later on or maybe a "Lol" added onto one of my dumb jokes when needed........

Peace! X-Mann

LOL, Thank you my friend, MUCH appreciated!!

I was just asking, I promise grin

Here is my OFFICIAL IOU:

IOU one "LOL" and or "Kind Comment" (that one's gonna really chafe my hide tho wink )

Thanks again, I have to say YOU put the "X" in Mann (don't ask, I don't have a clue what
it means either, I just got caught in the moment).
Posted by: X-Mann

Re: Standalone Eleven Rack Editor - 04/19/11 06:10 PM

Just bustin ur chops Str@man, like any big 11R brother would do........

I hope you get the stand alone editor at some point bro........

Peace! X-Mann
Posted by: Eddie

Re: Standalone Eleven Rack Editor - 04/19/11 06:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Eddie
Just voted !!!!

Thanks Eddie; much appreciated!!

I also wanted to say that I always cracked-up every time you
told Mrs. Cleaver what a beautiful dress she had on grin

LOL laugh It's weird man I never watched 1 episode growing up !?!?
Posted by: alpjr

Re: Standalone Eleven Rack Editor - 04/19/11 06:31 PM

Just voted.
Posted by: TLTD

Re: Standalone Eleven Rack Editor - 04/19/11 07:23 PM

Couldn't click for some reason maybe I already voted lol. Clicked Like on Facebook though hehe.
Posted by: VaiSatchAtrucci

Re: Standalone Eleven Rack Editor - 04/19/11 08:09 PM

I'm pretty sure I've already voted, but I'll double check just for YOU buddy! wink
Posted by: rushfan

Re: Standalone Eleven Rack Editor - 04/19/11 10:05 PM

Just voted

Re: Standalone Eleven Rack Editor - 04/21/11 07:43 AM

Originally Posted By: UDAMANN88
Just bustin ur chops Str@man, like any big 11R brother would do........

I hope you get the stand alone editor at some point bro........

Peace! X-Mann

Thanks Brother!!!!

Re: Standalone Eleven Rack Editor - 04/21/11 07:44 AM

Originally Posted By: alpjr
Just voted.

Thanks a lot and welcome to the group smile

Re: Standalone Eleven Rack Editor - 04/21/11 07:46 AM

Originally Posted By: TLTD
Couldn't click for some reason maybe I already voted lol. Clicked Like on Facebook though hehe.

Presheate it my friend grin

Re: Standalone Eleven Rack Editor - 04/21/11 07:47 AM

Originally Posted By: VaiSatchAtrucci
I'm pretty sure I've already voted, but I'll double check just for YOU buddy! wink

Thanx my good friend, I'm worth the trouble you know wink

Re: Standalone Eleven Rack Editor - 04/21/11 07:54 AM

Originally Posted By: rushfan
Just voted

Hey Man!! Thanks for taking the time.

Apparently this is NOT an issue
to very many people; 173 people viewed
this thread and out of those only 4 people
voted so I must have been wrong about the matter blush

Thanks again everyone.
Posted by: Dajbro

Re: Standalone Eleven Rack Editor - 04/21/11 09:34 AM

They never send me my confirmation e-mail so I can't vote. Arghhhhh!!!

Re: Standalone Eleven Rack Editor - 04/21/11 04:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Dajbro
They never send me my confirmation e-mail so I can't vote. Arghhhhh!!!

Hey Dajbro,

Well at least you tried man, thanks.

Welcome to the group too smile
Posted by: blues65

Re: Standalone Eleven Rack Editor - 04/21/11 05:20 PM

G`Day guys, I voted "I AGREE" a while ago. Pro Tools is great for recording ect, But if you only want to check out a few patches as Str@man said it`s a pain in the rear waiting for it to boot. I now know why my power bills have gone through the roof!!
Originally Posted By: mikefont

LOL, yeah I kinda thought along those same lines Mike. And it's rank is 43...... WHAT?????????
I don't understand why this is not the #1 issue.

I could just imagine every time someone wants to try a new patch that they open PT
and sit and think "happy thoughts" (NOT), while it goes thru a triathlon before it will
even let you get to the Editor....

Re: Standalone Eleven Rack Editor - 04/25/11 03:18 PM

Hey Y'all,

I just wanted to say thanks for voting on this; I just checked and the vote total has risen to 161 so there are still votes being cast for it and you guys have moved it from #43 in rank up to #40 grin

Thanks again Brothers (and maybe Sisters... do we have any on the list????).
Posted by: BerkleeGuitarist

Re: Standalone Eleven Rack Editor - 04/25/11 03:41 PM

Str@man,

I think that Digidesign will be very reluctant to unbundle the 11R editor from Protools. From their perspective they want everyone on the planet to use Protools. You can't blame them. It is their flagship brand product and is where they make their bread and butter. Making a stand-alone editor will free many of us up to use other recording products. From the Digi outlook, the 11R is primarily a fancy protools interface, not necessarily a top-shelf stand-alone modeler. Have you noticed the lack of advertising/promotion for the 11R? The lack of big name guitarist endorsees? The Axe FX is advertising in every guitar magazine and has an army of top guitar players drooling over it in promos. Digi hasn't done anything like that to promote the 11R, which is a shame because I think the 11R can hold it's own against the AxeFx is many ways, but at a much more reasonable price.

Although I would love to see the editor untethered from Protools as muc as the next guy, realistically I would be shocked if they did.

We can always hope,though. Maybe they will read our threads and crank up the advertising engine to let more people know about the 11R.

Wow, I got a little light-headed from standing on that soapbox for too long...

Peace

Re: Standalone Eleven Rack Editor - 04/25/11 03:55 PM

Originally Posted By: BerkleeGuitarist
Str@man,

I think that Digidesign will be very reluctant to unbundle the 11R editor from Protools. From their perspective they want everyone on the planet to use Protools. You can't blame them. It is their flagship brand product and is where they make their bread and butter. Making a stand-alone editor will free many of us up to use other recording products. From the Digi outlook, the 11R is primarily a fancy protools interface, not necessarily a top-shelf stand-alone modeler. Have you noticed the lack of advertising/promotion for the 11R? The lack of big name guitarist endorsees? The Axe FX is advertising in every guitar magazine and has an army of top guitar players drooling over it in promos. Digi hasn't done anything like that to promote the 11R, which is a shame because I think the 11R can hold it's own against the AxeFx is many ways, but at a much more reasonable price.

Although I would love to see the editor untethered from Protools as muc as the next guy, realistically I would be shocked if they did.

We can always hope,though. Maybe they will read our threads and crank up the advertising engine to let more people know about the 11R.

Wow, I got a little light-headed from standing on that soapbox for too long...

Peace

Soap on brother, soap on smile

I think you make some very good points man, and I like hearing other
perspectives because many times I learn things that I hadn't considered
before, and this is one of those times smile

Thanx for the input my friend!
Posted by: fayser1

Re: Standalone Eleven Rack Editor - 04/25/11 05:00 PM

just wondering whether the communication protocol can be reverse engineered?... sniff the USB buss during communication and other remote parameter setting to see what it might be... just a thought?

Re: Standalone Eleven Rack Editor - 04/25/11 06:30 PM

Originally Posted By: fayser1
just wondering whether the communication protocol can be reverse engineered?... sniff the USB buss during communication and other remote parameter setting to see what it might be... just a thought?

Hey fayser1,

That IS a cool idea, but I wouldn't have the slightest idea how to do such a thing. blush

Do we have any in-house geniuses that knows how to do such a thing??? confused
Posted by: neilmac

Re: Standalone Eleven Rack Editor - 04/25/11 06:46 PM

Hi no genius here i'm afraid!
Hi everyone!! (newbie ER forummer)

I think it's more likely AVID will jettison the ER
and its developers if it can't find a way of integrating this great device
into its future products! The ER was Digidesign's baby.

Alternatively we may see a 'purple and black'
version soon with expanded goodies both physical
and virtual, or they follow Line6 and build the guitar/bass/vox DSP
into the next mbox range or offer it as an expansion

Maybe AxeFx will snap it up....

cheers
Neilmac

Re: Standalone Eleven Rack Editor - 04/25/11 07:11 PM

Re genius- what does advanced user TLTD have to say on this?

Also surely the guys at Eureka Sound would have some idea
if a standalone app is possible- they are doing great things
with the 11PROM for the Behringer FCB 1010 pedal

cheers

Re: Standalone Eleven Rack Editor - 04/25/11 08:17 PM

Well, lol...I am rated "Advanced" merely by posting on this board so much but have been thinking it's MIDI controllable so just create a little program that works with MIDI like the cheesy Eventide Libfactor I think it's called and either live with text or even screen shot it so it looks like the interface. You might have to convert the presets to open them, but I think they are based on universal SysEx or whatever.

The only thing I think that is doable, and I'm not sure how exactly but at the school you can log into a special profile on the computer for Pro Tools that is optimized which would save some time. I've been wondering if you can just make Pro Tools load on startup then it's there by the time you get out your guitar. I know that once I load Pro Tools/quit and then load it up again it's pretty fast so to get that initial first load time out of the way would be nice.

I just did a restore to a time when I just had Pro Tools installed and it's a little better. With all my video programs it took like 5 minutes, was really annoying. Because it's Avid it wants to try to work together with Media Composer and Adobe CS5 or something. But I need to he programs back on so would REALLY love the standalone to happen even in a crappy little minesweeper looking window. I hardly use Pro Tools for tracking any more, just to mix assignments that we have to turn in the Pro Tools project.
Posted by: Red

Re: Standalone Eleven Rack Editor - 04/25/11 09:59 PM

Well now I am depressed... but thanks for the reality check, Berklee.

Re: Standalone Eleven Rack Editor - 04/26/11 06:37 AM

Sory, Red. I didn't mean to ruin your day. Look on the bright side... for now, the 11R is still awesome and the bundled editor is merely an inconvenience.

I bought an inexpensive Dell laptop with 3GB of Ram, 250GB harddrive, and added a portable external harddive to hold my protools sessions. The only program I have on it is Protools. It loads up in about 20 seconds. It used to take several minutes on my old computer that had all of my personal and work junk on it. Now I barely notice.

Here's to hoping that Digi considers the 11R a long term project and not an experiment in interfaces.

Re: Standalone Eleven Rack Editor - 04/26/11 09:48 AM

Hi there thanks for the reply!
Well its not a standalone but i just discovered something neat:
If you launch PT 9 with the ER on and plugged in, then when the
little 'create / open a session' opens, select Cancel as i just did.

Lo and behold only the Eleven Edit window loaded !!
- it was fully functional and the closest thing to a standalone app!

Pro Toolz was still 'on' but the only window visible is the ER window

cheers

and yes it looks like it should be a doddle for someone to come up with
a real separate ER App - come on hackers!!

Re: Standalone Eleven Rack Editor - 04/26/11 09:54 AM

Forgot to mention too i have owned & used Line6 XT Live, X3 Live Pod X3
and finally POD X3 Pro and i have to say ER just sounds and feels so real compared to L6 modelling
- finally 1 small test of the new POD HD range and i was convinced to go with the ER!
neil

Re: Standalone Eleven Rack Editor - 04/26/11 11:44 AM

Thought about Pt9, but I need to know if you can track w/o low latency monitoring on as with it on is the only way I can work with it.

Re: Standalone Eleven Rack Editor - 04/26/11 12:01 PM

Originally Posted By: neilmac
Hi there thanks for the reply!
Well its not a standalone but i just discovered something neat:
If you launch PT 9 with the ER on and plugged in, then when the
little 'create / open a session' opens, select Cancel as i just did.

Lo and behold only the Eleven Edit window loaded !!
- it was fully functional and the closest thing to a standalone app!

Pro Toolz was still 'on' but the only window visible is the ER window

NeilMac, I think this works the same way in PT 8 as well. Cancel the session popup window and PT opens without a session open. You can then open only the 11R editor. It is still running in the PT environment, but just doesn't have all of the PT windows open.
Posted by: tshirt1515

Re: Standalone Eleven Rack Editor - 04/27/11 11:07 AM

I've been absent for a while,sorry, just voted. I agree this is a HUGE pain in my arse.
This is the Guitar equivalent of the Mandatory 5 Day Waiting period to buy an oozie when I'm mad NOW!!!! Kidding
Posted by: druryja

Re: Standalone Eleven Rack Editor - 04/27/11 11:56 AM

I voted "Yes" to the Standalone Version. Pro Tools seems to have gotten much Slower. Would be Great just to have a Stand Alone Application like the Axe-Fx does.... Much easier to Add, Create and Modify Rigs. Hope it Happens !!!!

Re: Standalone Eleven Rack Editor - 04/27/11 04:38 PM

Thanks guys!!

The list members have at least had an impact, because it WAS ranked 43
when we started and it has now moved to rank 38 :-)
Posted by: ottoguitar

Re: Standalone Eleven Rack Editor - 04/29/11 12:39 PM

Hi 11R users. Was contacted by Avid in Germany today in a user survey. Also mentioned a standalone editor and of course many future firmware updates/upgrades.
I have started awhile ago to decipher tfx files for the 11R.
I have used the program Beyond compare to check what's changed in the file when i'm changing parameters. But stopped after a while.
I wouldn't say it's impossible to do, but there are so many possibilities. You can change parameters and position of effects and amps/cabs/controls and so on. Anytime some bits and bytes are changed in the tfx file. It will take a long long time to find out what is stored at what position. So i have given up in favor of playing guitar.
I'm enjoying following the forum and trying some patches.
Thanks for sharing your patches.

Re: Standalone Eleven Rack Editor - 07/06/11 08:42 AM

Since we have some new members, I thought I would resurrect my "pet-peeve" and see if I could drum up a few more votes.

This is from my original post:

Guys, something I don't understand, is why there is ONLY 146 votes on the "Standalone Eleven Rack Editor" and yet this group has over 600 members???!

I'm asking that you actually VOTE, not just put a comment on the bottom of the page.....PLEASE?

UPDATE There are now 200 votes and it's rank has risen to 33

Every vote appreciated, and if I'M ELECTED, oh wait, just forget that last part blush
Posted by: weshunter

Re: Standalone Eleven Rack Editor - 08/31/11 07:04 AM

voted (and thread bumped)

really wish it had this

Re: Standalone Eleven Rack Editor - 08/31/11 12:15 PM

Originally Posted By: weshutner
voted (and thread bumped)

really wish it had this

Hey weshutner!!

Thanks for voting on this man and thanks for the bump! smile

Since this thread started, it's ranking has gone from #43 upto rank #28 so that is really good movement, IMHO.

I also see that in the last 2 to 3 months there has been 4 NO/DISAGREE votes, and I'm still trying to understand the logic to those votes.... anyone got any idea's on them (It could be something legit and I'm not thinking of it???) confused
Posted by: MichaelUR

Re: Standalone Eleven Rack Editor - 09/07/11 02:43 AM

Some guy has come up with a 11R Control Panel sql which works in Cubase. I have it and it does work. I don't know if it works in other DAW's but worth checking out for non Pro Tools users.

It is a full graphic Control panel which shows all the devices in 11R at once but it does control everything.

Can be found in Cubase/11R forum somewhere (I forgot where I found it :-) )

Re: Standalone Eleven Rack Editor - 09/07/11 07:12 AM

THIS NEEDS IT'S OWN AWESOME THREAD!

Originally Posted By: MichaelUR
Some guy has come up with a 11R Control Panel sql which works in Cubase. I have it and it does work. I don't know if it works in other DAW's but worth checking out for non Pro Tools users.

It is a full graphic Control panel which shows all the devices in 11R at once but it does control everything.

Re: Standalone Eleven Rack Editor - 09/07/11 09:43 AM

Originally Posted By: TLTD
THIS NEEDS IT'S OWN AWESOME THREAD!

Originally Posted By: MichaelUR

If I'm not mistaken, it already has it's own thread, please see http://tinyurl.com/3ckehnz

I THINK this is what you are talking about.

It appears the link he listed no longer works, so he may have moved it....

I hope this gives you a little help in the right direction guys.

Re: Standalone Eleven Rack Editor - 10/10/11 06:47 PM

Since we have several new(ish) members, I thought I would beg/plead/ask that you give consideration to voting on this please.......

This is from my original post:

Guys, something I don't understand, is why there is ONLY 146 votes on the "Standalone Eleven Rack Editor" and yet this group has over 600 members???!

I'm asking that you actually VOTE, not just put a comment on the bottom of the page.....PLEASE?

UPDATE There are now 234 votes and it's rank has risen to 28
Posted by: fidouda

Re: Standalone Eleven Rack Editor - 10/11/11 05:59 AM

I did it ! !

Re: Standalone Eleven Rack Editor - 10/11/11 12:02 PM

Originally Posted By: fidouda
I did it ! !

Thanks bro, every single vote makes a difference

:-)

Re: Standalone Eleven Rack Editor - 10/11/11 12:07 PM

Hey I see that our good Doctor, DRTone, voted too, I will send your name to the AMA (American MUSIC Academy) for consideration Doc.

smile
Posted by: DRTone

Re: Standalone Eleven Rack Editor - 10/12/11 03:30 PM

Hey I see that our good Doctor, DRTone, voted too, I will send your name to the AMA (American MUSIC Academy) for consideration Doc.

smile

Hehe...sorry, finally got around to registering for the feature site. You're a great champion for this feature Str@man! Someday...

DR
Posted by: flynv

Re: Standalone Eleven Rack Editor - 10/12/11 04:40 PM

I think if this was going to happen it would have long ago.

As much as I love mine I'm considering swapping it for an HD-500. I get the pedalboard included that way. I'm back to carrying an amp, head(11R), and pedalboard. That's part of what I was trying to get away from. The presets are easy enough to adjust on the fly but, if you want to download and insert you need to run PT. Which so far runs so I'm OK there.

Re: Standalone Eleven Rack Editor - 10/13/11 02:18 PM

Originally Posted By: DRTone

smile

Hehe...sorry, finally got around to registering for the feature site. You're a great champion for this feature Str@man! Someday...

DR

Hey Brother, better late than never grin

I'm "staying the course" on this one man!!

Thanks for your vote.

Re: Standalone Eleven Rack Editor - 10/13/11 02:27 PM

Originally Posted By: flynv
I think if this was going to happen it would have long ago.

As much as I love mine I'm considering swapping it for an HD-500. I get the pedalboard included that way. I'm back to carrying an amp, head(11R), and pedalboard. That's part of what I was trying to get away from. The presets are easy enough to adjust on the fly but, if you want to download and insert you need to run PT. Which so far runs so I'm OK there.

Hey flynv!

You may be right my friend, but I'm going to keep pluggin' away at it smile

I see your point about being back to lugging all that gear around again - I just play as a hobby here at home so I'm good on that issue at least.

If I could AFFORD an HD 500 I'd have one of those too (but don't tell the Mrs. I said that) whistle whistle wink

Posted by: TheJudge

Re: Standalone Eleven Rack Editor - 10/13/11 03:45 PM

voted

Re: Standalone Eleven Rack Editor - 10/13/11 04:02 PM

Originally Posted By: TheJudge
voted

You the man!!!!! cool grin

Thanks!!!
Posted by: ashasha

Re: Standalone Eleven Rack Editor - 10/13/11 09:27 PM

I've been working with AVID systems since 1992. There is almost absolutely zero chance of them releasing a standalone editor. It would be the first time they ever got away from proprietary type of business model that has served their business model very, very well over the years. Of course I am aware of ProTools now being ASIO and it's opened up which would almost give me a glimmer of hope, but the difference is that by doing that they are opening up more hardware to ProTools, so it's almost like they are getting more ProTools users. But with 11R they've already got you stuck in PT.

If it happens it will be a 3rd party project and at this point I'm not sure if anyone is interested enough to pursue it. It'd be a lot of work for what is still a pretty niche audience.

Sure wish I knew how to do it though.

Re: Standalone Eleven Rack Editor - 10/14/11 12:41 AM

Originally Posted By: ashasha
I've been working with AVID systems since 1992. There is almost absolutely zero chance of them releasing a standalone editor. It would be the first time they ever got away from proprietary type of business model that has served their business model very, very well over the years. Of course I am aware of ProTools now being ASIO and it's opened up which would almost give me a glimmer of hope, but the difference is that by doing that they are opening up more hardware to ProTools, so it's almost like they are getting more ProTools users. But with 11R they've already got you stuck in PT.

If it happens it will be a 3rd party project and at this point I'm not sure if anyone is interested enough to pursue it. It'd be a lot of work for what is still a pretty niche audience.

Hey Man!

Thanks for the info, and unfortunately you may be right, but I'm not willing to give up on the idea just yet blush

Thanks again!!
Posted by: mikefont

Re: Standalone Eleven Rack Editor - 10/14/11 08:40 AM

I'm not so sure in this instance, especially since (as you've pointed out) PT9 now makes it so that your no longer required to have a piece of their hardware connected to your computer to run it. It may not be related at all, but I think that a stand alone editor for THEIR own piece of hardware would be SOOO easy to implement. IMO Avid needs to recognizes this as a necessary upgrade! It's not a deal killer by any means, but cmon Avid...how hard could it be?????

Posted by: FNM82

Re: Standalone Eleven Rack Editor - 10/14/11 09:04 AM

Hello guys!This is my first post and I'm really excited to be here.Also registered and voted for the standalone editor.Hope it will happen.

Re: Standalone Eleven Rack Editor - 10/14/11 09:27 AM

It'll happen, they are just waay behind other modelers, DAWs, etc; as usual. With PT9 you can't be forced into using PT. Soon most people will have most presets the use stored and use a different program than PT so they will probably sell it as it's own thing or put it out to keep us around to buy more expansion packs. Otherwise tons of people will move on to another system/modeler/all in one unit. Or not lol. I just like to have faith. Seems like the Eleven Rack itself shows us Avid's willing to change. Media Composer still sucks but I run it on my PC laptop with better results than the systems I'm training on that cost waay too much.
Posted by: ashasha

Re: Standalone Eleven Rack Editor - 10/14/11 09:43 AM

Have we ever gotten anyone from the development team to commit one way or the other on this issue?

It's not a huge deal breaker for me, but I use mine to play most of the time and the only time that I really fire up PT is just to import a preset. I don't hate PT, but it's an extremely cludgy way to do things for me.

I'd just like to know for certain one way or the other.

Re: Standalone Eleven Rack Editor - 10/15/11 11:25 AM

Originally Posted By: FNM82
Hello guys!This is my first post and I'm really excited to be here.Also registered and voted for the standalone editor.Hope it will happen.

Hey FNM82!!

Welcome to the group, it's good to have you as a member and thank you for voting on this, I hope it will happen too! smile
Posted by: MRJSTUDIOS

Re: Standalone Eleven Rack Editor - 10/15/11 11:42 AM

Hey guys, I've voted a LONG time ago now, but I haven't been following this stuff very closely at all...

Is there any sort of inkling from AVID that ANY of the things we can vote on at all will be implemented, and what might be if they do put out a patch?

Also, is there a timetable for the voting? Does it 'end' at some point and will they then 'evaluate the responses' etc. etc.?

Re: Standalone Eleven Rack Editor - 10/17/11 04:32 PM

Originally Posted By: MRJSTUDIOS
Hey guys, I've voted a LONG time ago now, but I haven't been following this stuff very closely at all...

Is there any sort of inkling from AVID that ANY of the things we can vote on at all will be implemented, and what might be if they do put out a patch?

Also, is there a timetable for the voting? Does it 'end' at some point and will they then 'evaluate the responses' etc. etc.?

Hey Bro!

Those are some great questions, but it doesn't look like any of us have any answers for this - Hey Chris (The CHIMP), I know you check in every so often, can you help a bunch of bewildered 11 Rackers out??
Posted by: flynv

Re: Standalone Eleven Rack Editor - 10/17/11 05:36 PM

Have it from a "very reliable" source there was someone working on a stand alone. They were shut down with extreme predigest. Any s/A editor will have to e based on proprietary info......
Posted by: MLE

Re: Standalone Eleven Rack Editor - 10/19/11 12:38 PM

Stand alone has been number one for some time. You are looking at all avid products. Go to the site, click on eleven rack , then on popular.
Posted by: jaime136

Re: Standalone Eleven Rack Editor - 11/15/11 11:55 AM

I understand the reluctance to give out the proprietary code that would be required to put an editor together. So, that pretty much shuts down any chance of an independent creating an editor.

I also understand the business model of wanting to keep as many people locked into PT as possible. But, the fact of the matter is, my old dual-core laptop with a 5400 rpm internal drive and no firewire is basically useless when it comes to using PT extensively. I'm sure a lot of people are in the same boat.

However, what if Avid set up some kind of web-based applet? They would control the code, the GUI would match the "official" one, and they could even charge (grrr) a small amount for it.

Programmer guys: would something like this be possible?

Edited: To say that I did vote on Ideascale months ago!
Posted by: magicaxeman

Re: Standalone Eleven Rack Editor - 04/07/12 03:47 PM

Even just drag and drop would make a huge difference to making it easy to order your patches.