Singtall still loving the eleven rack

Posted by: singtall

Singtall still loving the eleven rack - 02/20/20 04:33 PM

that's right, I still love it! no matter how many other modelers i own i keep coming back the the 11R. so much good tone available with so few amp models. and no other model touches the feel of the 11R mk IIc amp model. something so 3D about it. just wanted to stop by and say that. carry on...
Posted by: DonaldR

Re: Singtall still loving the eleven rack - 02/25/20 01:07 PM

Glad to see you're still using your 11R.

I'm still loving mine and use it every day. Might go for an Headrush Gigboard for:
- More portability (fitting in my gigbag)
- Looper
- IR loader
- Easier EQ editing
- Not too expensive
(but I will hate having to deal with an external power supply)
Posted by: jesling

Re: Singtall still loving the eleven rack - 02/28/20 02:29 PM

I'm still using my 11R every week and loving it. I wouldn't mind trying some newer gear, but can't justify spending the money right now.
Posted by: alphasports

Re: Singtall still loving the eleven rack - 03/01/20 08:00 AM

Still love mine, amazed at the great tones. I just ordered a Positive Grid Spark as a "jam amp", will see how that goes...

Re: Singtall still loving the eleven rack - 03/10/20 01:22 PM

@singtall: did you get the chance to try Headrush Pedalboard/Gigboard?
Posted by: alphasports

Re: Singtall still loving the eleven rack - 04/22/20 10:43 AM

Still using mine every day, love it
Posted by: Hal

Re: Singtall still loving the eleven rack - 05/07/20 05:19 PM

Hey Ross! Yes I've had mine for 10 years and its still a great interface. Like you I have other interfaces but the 11R is easy to use and produces some really good tones. You just have to spend the time.

I'm still trying to figure out how to get a 11R Catalina driver written. Head against a brick wall.... I have two frozen Macs now to support some stuff. I hate having to move on just because shinny new object is released. Like the 11R my other devices are proven workhorses that still offer great value.

Anyway I know you worked on tool to migrate presets to I think the headrush. I'm interested in understanding what you learned. Like you I'm finding it to be a pain to migrate patches between all my interfaces. It would be great to connect with you about some of my thoughts.
Posted by: DavidTCIC

Re: Singtall still loving the eleven rack - 06/01/20 07:53 AM

i'm still sticking to mine because i thinks it sounds great and i already learnt how to get my tones right with it. Noise gate and the cabs are the weakest points of the 11R, but i am unaffected since i use it as a preamp into a preamp-bypassed line 6 2x12 combo with my fav speakers in it. Still creating. I figured out i am waiting for a new groundbreaking modelling technology in a rack format to jump the ship.
Posted by: Wannabe

Re: Singtall still loving the eleven rack - 06/21/20 10:13 AM

I have since purchased the Headrush pedalboard.
It has lots of little tricks and fancy things that I will never use. Now - you can add IRs and stuff like that, so I do use that to record directly into the recording board. But in a live setting, the sound isn't any better than the 11R. I still play every week with my 11R and the band. It just sounds more true. I have a behringer pedal system that controls it in a live setting. Haven't messed with this for years.
I have also purchased the Mooer GE200. I like this little guy. The sounds are really solid, and it is compact, robust and easy to use. If I could go back in time, I would buy this little guy and not buy the $1000 Headrush.
But I am still 11R - every week of my life.
Posted by: Bob

Re: Singtall still loving the eleven rack - 06/30/20 07:11 AM

Still using both of mine. I have the one that lives in the Argosy desk and the other that lives in a rack case.

With respect to 11R and Catalina; since I've never used 11R as my interface, I've had relatively few issues upgrading to Catalina.

I've always used 11R as a guitar processor with either Avid 003 Rack + or my current Focusrite Clarett 8PreX via S/PDIF, or anolog.

Re: Singtall still loving the eleven rack - 07/07/20 07:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Wannabe
I have since purchased the Headrush pedalboard.
It has lots of little tricks and fancy things that I will never use. Now - you can add IRs and stuff like that, so I do use that to record directly into the recording board. But in a live setting, the sound isn't any better than the 11R. I still play every week with my 11R and the band. It just sounds more true. I have a behringer pedal system that controls it in a live setting. Haven't messed with this for years.
I have also purchased the Mooer GE200. I like this little guy. The sounds are really solid, and it is compact, robust and easy to use. If I could go back in time, I would buy this little guy and not buy the $1000 Headrush.
But I am still 11R - every week of my life.

I wanted to get an Headrsuh Gigboard for convenience and for IR loader. Have you tried any IR loader after your 11R?
Posted by: Wannabe

Re: Singtall still loving the eleven rack - 07/08/20 10:35 PM

I have and I can't say that I absolutely love it. Not sure if it is just one more piece of equipment in the loop, but I fell in love with one of the IRs, and the rest were just missing something. Rather than chase it for a long time, I gave up and went back to my standard settings.
I do love recording directly from the Headrush. Just so many less cables and less moving parts. But for playing through an amp, I can't get the headrush to sound as true and real as the 11R. And I have spent more time on the headrush than any gear I have ever owned.
If I were to review, I would say; 11R for rehersal, live playing or micing up a real amp. To plug directly to the board - headrush direct rather than 11r with other outboard gear and external IR stuff, etc.
Posted by: mojah

Re: Singtall still loving the eleven rack - 07/17/20 11:27 AM

Still using mine too. I'm always toying with trying out smaller floor units but go back to the 11R..
Posted by: Christophersad

Re: Singtall still loving the eleven rack - 07/17/20 01:42 PM

Posted by: Downrazor11

Re: Singtall still loving the eleven rack - 12/28/20 12:44 PM

Mine is my one and only.. so yeah, the 11r is still great..

Re: Singtall still loving the eleven rack - 12/30/20 10:35 PM

Just found a used Atomic Firebox, will get it within a week. I mostly used my 11R as clean+boost/delay and crunch+boost/delay, so basically a 4-channel amp and the AFB might replace it, will see.
Now I'm having fun with my pre-11R rig: Rocktron Voodu Valve -> Peavey Classic 60/60 -> 4x12" cab.

Re: Singtall still loving the eleven rack - 01/09/21 04:41 PM

Holy Moly, the JCM800 is very good. Just the amp sim, with a good IR, without any eq, and the sound is way more open than my 11R. BTW my JCM800 patch on the 11R is based on a free Singtall patch.
Posted by: Ping

Re: Singtall still loving the eleven rack - 03/27/21 09:28 PM

Still using mine with Pro Tools! Great for recording, practice, and fun!

Re: Singtall still loving the eleven rack - 03/31/21 05:34 AM

FYI, just found that some old Macbook Pro and Mac Mini have an SPDIF input using (mini?)Toslink. I ordered a coaxial/toslink converter box and will check if it's working.
That can bring a long life to the Eleven Rack for recording and to add IR.