new version of eleven rack?

Posted by: nrudiak

new version of eleven rack? - 10/28/15 02:48 PM

i see that a couple of music stores are no longer selling the eleven rack and say a new product is coming. anyone have any info on a new version?
Posted by: Downrazor11

Re: new version of eleven rack? - 10/28/15 03:14 PM

Where did you see that? I am happy with the Eleven Rack, but updates would be cool.. Not too interested in buying another (Twelve Rack?)..
Posted by: TLTD

Re: new version of eleven rack? - 10/28/15 04:31 PM

Hopefully, they have learned what we want (dual ODs/Custom IRs/dual amps/better(and more) FX) and it's still at a good price (and this indicates another guitar sim). Some kinda bluetooth for editing on smart devices/sending out to bluetooth speakers/headphones would be nice too.
Posted by: Wannabe

Re: new version of eleven rack? - 10/28/15 06:02 PM

Factory stand alone software for adjusting parameters without the need for pro tools.
Posted by: jaminjimlp

Re: new version of eleven rack? - 10/29/15 09:32 AM

It's called.... the Line 6 Helix... smirk

It's the closest thing to the the 12 rack...LOL

Originally Posted By: TLTD
Hopefully, they have learned what we want (dual ODs/Custom IRs/dual amps/better(and more) FX) and it's still at a good price (and this indicates another guitar sim).

YES it does all that!!!

Some kinda bluetooth for editing on smart devices/sending out to bluetooth speakers/headphones would be nice too.

this.... it don't
Posted by: Markus

Re: new version of eleven rack? - 10/30/15 03:17 PM

oh, come on...please, folks, get a life. There will not be a new version. Let me repeat:
THERE WILL NOT BE A NEW VERSION. No Twelve Rack. No Expansion Pack No.2. No nothing. The 11r team has left the building. If you want new stuff, get a Helix, a Kemper, an Atomic Amplifire or anything else. But take the 11r for what it is. That's quite something. But that's all there'll be.
Posted by: ADF

Re: new version of eleven rack? - 10/30/15 04:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Markus
oh, come on...please, folks, get a life. There will not be a new version. Let me repeat:
THERE WILL NOT BE A NEW VERSION. No Twelve Rack. No Expansion Pack No.2. No nothing. The 11r team has left the building. If you want new stuff, get a Helix, a Kemper, an Atomic Amplifire or anything else. But take the 11r for what it is. That's quite something. But that's all there'll be.

I agree with this, but I am curious - because the unit is out of stock at retailers, but still listed, is Avid still making them, or is there a large supply in storage they are clearing out?

I would like to upgrade my computer, but am running old versions of both Pro Tools (8) and Eleven Rack. I am more than happy with both and see no need to repurchase both, but if computer/Windows compatibility becomes an issue, in a worst case scenario I may.

So I searched Sweetwater and this is what it says on their 11R listing:

We have already placed orders for this new item, and ensured that they are prioritized to take advantage of the manufacturer's earliest shipments. Place your pre-order now to reserve yours, and your order will ship in the order it was received. http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ElevenRackAS

One thing I dislike is this 'new product' comes with a one year subscription to Pro Tools. So that's perhaps the new twist - they want us paying for software annually, which is essentially an invitation for me to try different software. wink
Posted by: Intelli-Shred

Re: new version of eleven rack? - 11/05/15 10:32 AM

paying to license software versus purchasing software has been one of the biggest retail/media/techno scam bullshite cons that we've been sold and blindly bought into... ESPECIALLY in the world of ProTools.
Posted by: ADF

Re: new version of eleven rack? - 11/05/15 03:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Intelli-Shred
paying to license software versus purchasing software has been one of the biggest retail/media/techno scam bullshite cons that we've been sold and blindly bought into... ESPECIALLY in the world of ProTools.

Absolutely!

I've done the math on it, and I guess it can make sense. But I don't like the feeling of having to pay to renew something when I'm happy with the current one.

For instance (and not even factoring in inflation):

In the 90's, I had a 16 track studio consisting of 2 ADAT's. I bought them when the price was low - $2,000. So I spent $4,000 1990's dollars, and while I did get some great use out of them, I now have two obsolete pieces of hardware that I never use.

Depending on the subscription fee, and I believe the current PT one is $25 a month or $300 a year - it would take just over 13 years to spend $4,000. I should also add that the ADAT's also required thousands of dollars of outboard gear, cables, etc.

After the 13 years, I'd still have the most current, usable version of the software.

So it kinda makes sense.

I just go through periods where I don't do a lot of recording. Psychologically I feel better knowing I'm not being billed for something I'm not using.

Re: new version of eleven rack? - 11/11/15 08:55 AM

I have a problem continuing to pay for something I already bought.. ProTools is.. well.. a TOOL.. do go back and pay the hardware stpre everytime you use the hammer you bought from there?.. is there is recurring hammer use fee for upgrads to said hammer?.. its Pro TOOLS not your cable tv or electricity bill? wtf?
Posted by: Ping

Re: new version of eleven rack? - 11/13/15 04:30 PM

Avid announced a new version of the plugin - Eleven MkII

Re: new version of eleven rack? - 11/13/15 09:55 PM

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=374266

https://www.avid.com/US/products/eleven

Is it me, or is this just now making the plugin version the same as the Eleven Rack + Expansion?

Oh, wait, "route to multiple cabs!"
Posted by: Bob

Re: new version of eleven rack? - 11/16/15 07:41 AM

Is it me, or is this just now making the plugin version the same as the Eleven Rack + Expansion?

No, not just you. cool Basically the ERXP has been included, but with a bonus.

Oh, wait, "route to multiple cabs!"

Yup, this is the bonus. Here's hoping that this functionality will make it to the 11R as an upgrade for live use as well.

I often put Eleven (or SansAmp or GtrRig) on the dry track to get multiple amps and or cabs, but this will greatly improve things for me.

If you already own Eleven/Eleven LE there is a special price for upgrades until the end of the year. Follow the link provided by TLTD.

I have already upgraded one of my Eleven/Eleven LE plugins but haven't had time to really get too deep into Eleven MkII yet.

I still have a couple of Eleven/Eleven LE licenses that I may or may not upgrade yet.

Re: new version of eleven rack? - 11/16/15 09:39 AM

Well.. if its just everything plus the expansion pack.. I've got that and don't really NEED the "bonus".
Posted by: PatriotsBuker

Re: new version of eleven rack? - 11/16/15 10:34 AM

I never really looked at the eleven plug-in all that much back when I had access to it before, but I never knew it didn't have the expansion pack amps. That's how often I opened it.

I've thought even earlier this year that Avid is dumping or phasing out 11R units as well as mBox Pro (gen 3) units. All of a sudden, Audio Deluxe had a jillion 11R units they were welling for $299 on eBay? Doesn't sound like a normal chain to me unless they were able to make a killing by splitting out licenses. Likewise, the mBox has been tough to come by for the longest time. I got mine - the smaller one - for about $250 this time last year. (much better way to track acoustic guitar...)

Anyhow, point is, is that it looked like a classic dump the boat before the replacement product was ready to ship scenario.
Posted by: William

Re: new version of eleven rack? - 11/17/15 08:47 AM

Anything to make a buck! Avid's missing the boat. PT may well be the industry standard for recording but when they dropped the 11R, I, like a lot of people, think Avid made a huge mistake. If Avid had maintained it, improved it (works well against the competition as is), and brought out a newer, more capable, 11R line, just think of what the competition would have done. Selling PT/11R as a subscription may not bode well in the long run for Avid (I certainly do not plan to upgrade to PT12+). I just seems to me that Avid is doing the "get rich quick" scheme and putting out improvements as they see a chance to control something.

Re: new version of eleven rack? - 11/17/15 09:39 AM

I think the software upgrade indicates the end of the idea that more people will buy the hardware if it has more to offer, so the Orange Rack is definitely either over with save the small chance that they would reflash the same hardware with the multicabinet feature. They would (hate myself for saying) benefit more from just rolling out improved hardware instead, if it were to run better effects, multiple amps/cabinets, allow external cabinet IRs,etc.

Yet I wonder also if "with all those Eleven Racks out there" if an expansion/upgrade, if possible, would be better because quite frankly there's not much reason reason to stick with Avid hardware to get the features every other guitar FX processing unit has these days. $100 x 1000s of users seems like a nice chunk of change.

An iOS/iPad Eleven App would be cool to have though and that could bring this to quite an expansive audience.
Posted by: jaminjimlp

Re: new version of eleven rack? - 11/18/15 07:50 AM

Here's the deal if they would just put out a firmware update that only added the ability to add third party IR cabs to the 11 rack... I mean we all paid 200 bucks for an EPSI! that should tell them something and that one improvement right there puts the 11 rack in a whole Nother ball park...

Most of you know that I purchased the line 6 helix I am very pleased with it have not used my 11 rack since I got it I will probably will not get rid of the 11 rack since it is still a good interface to ProTools but so is the helix who knows what might happen I still have my EPSI as well. And I use third-party IR's with the helix as well it is nice that you can put 128 in it and use whichever ones that you please in a preset.
I do kind of miss using my 11 rack but I do like the way the helix is all built into a foot controller makes things a lot easier...
I guess in other words what I am saying is I would've gladly paid for a second expansion pack for a few more amps and that ability to load third-party IR's

Re: new version of eleven rack? - 11/24/15 08:52 AM

HOW ProTools became the industry standard when every single time I've EVER encountered Avid employees.. its always.. ALWAYS goes as follows.. staff/team members equally if not MORE frustrated than consumers at letting things like 11R die on the vine.. and the constant thinning of people and resources.. and management's 1.) complete lack of caring about their product.. 2.) actually caring about the concerns of consumer who buy.. use and support the products.. its a Google style take it or leave mentality where they're simply always right because they simply are who they are.. 3.) incompetence.. look at the history or the CEOs, etc.. read glass ceiling reviews.. nobody out side of a management level cushy severance deal has any confidence or anything really nice to say about being there.. every time I've spoken to any of there staff at trade shows they ALL sound so beat down.. frustrated and or as confused as a termite trapped in a yo yo.