My EPSi is on its way!

Posted by: T.C.Kramer

My EPSi is on its way! - 09/15/15 06:07 PM

A few months ago I purchased an Eleven Rack and was blown away by the sound I was getting out of it. After about a week of playing with it, I decided to get the Singtall SuperPack and was once again blown away at the new sound I was getting. Now after much research on the EPSi, I bought one that Singtall was selling. I should have it in a few days and am anticipating being blown away once more.
Thanks Ross for all your help.
Posted by: Downrazor11

Re: My EPSi is on its way! - 09/16/15 10:25 AM

If you don't have them already, I would highly recommend the Ownhammer IRs, the ones I like most with the 11r are the studio mixes (two 15-speaker packs, one vintage and one modern, $20 each). It seems to me that among all the offerings that Ownhammer has, these studio mix packs are the ones best suited to the sound of *my* 11r, but the v3 ones would be fine also.

The EPSi is incomplete without an Ownhammer pack to go with it..
Posted by: singtall

Re: My EPSi is on its way! - 09/16/15 08:53 PM

i sent him the Ownhammer collection that i bought with the Epsi. Ownhammer is the best in my opinion. i ended up combining a couple different cabs to make a nice stereo IR and i left that one on the Epsi as well. i deleted the Ownhammer IR's from my collection as i sold them with the Epsi, but the price of Ownhammer IR's are such that there really is no excuse for pirating a copy. i will gladly pay the $20 all over again if i ever need them. right now i'm using an IR that i made using several other free IR's and that's my go-to cabinet.
Posted by: TLTD

Re: My EPSi is on its way! - 09/17/15 06:51 AM

Yeah those Studio Mix Packs are great. The Modern ones have a cool feel and sound great, the vintage ones have an interesting sound for dirtier blues or metal. I didn't like the v3 ones or really anything I bought outside of the Studio Mixes yet. The Eleven Rack cabinets are still better than some of those, they get some great harmonics and things and will never be obsolete. You have all the best options now that will keep you busy for a long while enjoying your Eleven Rack.

Re: My EPSi is on its way! - 09/17/15 08:59 AM

Originally Posted By: TLTD
Yeah those Studio Mix Packs are great. The Modern ones have a cool feel and sound great, the vintage ones have an interesting sound for dirtier blues or metal. I didn't like the v3 ones or really anything I bought outside of the Studio Mixes yet. The Eleven Rack cabinets are still better than some of those, they get some great harmonics and things and will never be obsolete. You have all the best options now that will keep you busy for a long while enjoying your Eleven Rack.

In talking with the guy who makes the Ownhammer packs, the V3 series was mixed and tweaked for the AxeFx II's voicing, I suspect that is why it isn't as nice a fit for the 11r as the previous studio mix packs were...

Re: My EPSi is on its way! - 09/17/15 11:05 AM

Yeah, I'm glad to finally be able to here these IRs on my own tracks and not everyone elses... Now if only I could buy a better guitar playing technique I would sound as good as you guys. Thanks for all your input.
Posted by: jaminjimlp

Re: My EPSi is on its way! - 09/17/15 12:08 PM

Great News Bro, you will love it.... I did some research on how to use it and came up with this to help others in there quest for tone... I must say that I couldn't have done this without help from the great guys here..... Epsi Hookup and Settings Tutorial
Posted by: Ioannes

Re: My EPSi is on its way! - 09/18/15 01:17 AM

Hello guys. I have some question and comment. I have my 11R and I love it, no problem. BUT. I recognised some kind of "problem". When I wanted to use tube preamp (in Loop) and internal amp OFF, I am not able to have "nice" sound. I think, there miss some power amp saturation. Because I think, the philosophy (or the signal chain inside) of 11r is: in AMP section is full amp, and CAB is IR between "whole" amp and record. Not between "preamp" and record. I think you understand what I mean. (sorry for pure english).
How is it in ownhammer IR? Are they made between preamp or whole amp (head)? Thanx for answer.

Re: My EPSi is on its way! - 09/18/15 10:10 AM

Ownhammer IRs are mic'd cabinets, but the characteristics of the power amp is captured, so that means the original sound is sent through a power amp to get that sound and come close to mimicing the power amp and cabinet.

With a tube preamp, you want to send that throgh your rear inputs or guitar input can actually work out better because you can tweak the impedence and tighten up the sound and utilize the various capacitors. That's what I evnetually settled with doing because it felt and sounded better.

Re: My EPSi is on its way! - 09/20/15 01:30 PM

Well, my EPSi arrived on Friday! (Thanks for the speedy delivery). Unfortunitely, I wasnt able to play with it until today. and just as expected, It did not disappoint. What a difference! The only bad thing is that I recently completed 4 guitar tracks on a Velvet Revolver cover I am working on and even though I can re-amp, I am choosing to completely redo all the guitars from scratch. Its gonna be fun. Thanks for all your advice on this forum.

Re: My EPSi is on its way! - 09/22/15 12:14 AM

To TLTD.. and do you think somebody has IR "without power amp"? Only box and mics? Thanx

Re: My EPSi is on its way! - 09/22/15 03:24 PM

It's possible that there are some out there of speakers with direct sound going through them, but I'm guessing they'd be really noisy. I made one of a stereo system speaker just to try it and the only use for it I've had is to add definition and some air to tracks.

My favorite IRs have been the Ownhammer ones that use solid state amps and aren't colored too much by the power amp. I don't think you'll find better IRs than that out there, even if you're looking to send synths or other sounds through them. That can sound pretty cool through most cabinet IRs too.

Re: My EPSi is on its way! - 09/22/15 11:10 PM

TLTD.. and do you use real tube preamp, or 11R "amp" with no cab?

Re: My EPSi is on its way! - 09/24/15 05:20 AM

Nowadays I just use Eleven Rack, but I used to use some tube preamps. It was hard to get them to sound "tight" though by themselves, so sometimes I'd run them through the guitar input and play around with the True Z and sometimes even run them through a clean 11R amp or something (or run them with little gain into a dirty 11R amp).

Re: My EPSi is on its way! - 09/24/15 05:28 AM

Ok, DO you use only 11R with internal IR?

Re: My EPSi is on its way! - 10/07/15 04:31 AM

TLTD, do you use only 11R with internal IR for metal music? What kind od cabinet and mics do you prefer?
DO you use 11R for metal bass too? Some nice presets?
Thanx a lot

Re: My EPSi is on its way! - 10/07/15 06:00 AM

My son uses Ownhammer IRs for Riffing/DJenting and internal IRs for solos. His favorite IR is the Chinese v30 Modern Studio Mix IR: "OwnHammer_412_MAR-CB_V30-CH_SS_Studio-Modern" (I actually like using this one for solos).

I can't even find it on the site any more, but it was a Marshall Checkerbord cabinet with a bunch of speakers.

Look for these four while you're shopping around and you'll have everything you need:

Scumback M75, Chinese V30, G12M-65, and HB-55

Usually the ones with an "SS" in them for solid state power amp work for us.

Once you have the EPSi, you can literally just pick a Treadplate Amp (V or M) from Eleven Rack and play around with it unltil you get something. Maybe a graphic EQ in front or overdrive pedal. Try out the effects for yourself and see what reverbs you like, etc. Get to know it a little as well as try some presets that are already out there.

This one is a Van Halen preset I made for the EPSi, but I always try IRs with it no matter what I'm working on: https://db.tt/T4UJJhug

I originally dialed that up as a way to stack my Maxod oerdrive with the Eleven Rack one, but still works good. I don't use any real overdrive pedals any more with my newer presets, but I think they will depend on your pickups more if the EQs work. But this one is probably my #1 goto preset for VH sounds. From there, you can tweak the amps, ODs, EQs, etc; to get any metal sound.

Re: My EPSi is on its way! - 10/07/15 06:42 AM

TLTD.. I send you PM. Please look at it, thanx

Re: My EPSi is on its way! - 10/07/15 07:46 AM

Originally Posted By: TLTD
My son uses Ownhammer IRs for Riffing/DJenting and internal IRs for solos. His favorite IR is the Chinese v30 Modern Studio Mix IR: "OwnHammer_412_MAR-CB_V30-CH_SS_Studio-Modern" (I actually like using this one for solos).

I can't even find it on the site any more, but it was a Marshall Checkerbord cabinet with a bunch of speakers.

Look for these four while you're shopping around and you'll have everything you need:

Scumback M75, Chinese V30, G12M-65, and HB-55

Usually the ones with an "SS" in them for solid state power amp work for us....

The 'Modern' Studio Mix collection he is talking about is here:

http://www.ownhammer.com/store/index.php...products_id=104

There are some great IRs in that pack (and in the 'Vintage' collection too)!

Re: My EPSi is on its way! - 10/07/15 11:31 AM

Originally Posted By: T.C.Kramer
Well, my EPSi arrived on Friday! (Thanks for the speedy delivery). Unfortunitely, I wasnt able to play with it until today. and just as expected, It did not disappoint. What a difference! The only bad thing is that I recently completed 4 guitar tracks on a Velvet Revolver cover I am working on and even though I can re-amp, I am choosing to completely redo all the guitars from scratch. Its gonna be fun. Thanks for all your advice on this forum.

So how has it been working out for you?

Re: My EPSi is on its way! - 10/07/15 11:41 AM

That link just shows this now:

Store Home :: Legacy Libraries :: Studio Mix Libraries ::
Sorry, the product was not found.

I think most of the ones you'll want are now in the multispeaker one anyway. They've done this before in the past where they remove things when they're trying to promote new stuff.

Re: My EPSi is on its way! - 10/07/15 12:29 PM

Wow! It was working just this morning! I wonder why anyone would want to prevent people from paying them money for things they've already done, it is all profit at this point why prevent that?

It would be like if Van Halen decided to no longer sell "Van Halen II" or "1984" after Sammy Hagar joined the band (because the 'method' had changed), that just wouldn't make sense!

Maybe they are just temporarily unlisted, I'll have to check back..

Re: My EPSi is on its way! - 10/26/15 02:40 AM

Hi all... do you know more about this thing?
http://amtelectronics.com/products/fx-pe...ulator-and-eq-/
Posted by: my11usr

Re: My EPSi is on its way! - 10/26/15 11:05 AM

Some discussion on the gearpage and i expect you watched the youtube vids…Looks neat for a small rig but no midi may be a deal breaker for some.

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.p...player.1532490/

Re: My EPSi is on its way! - 10/26/15 01:25 PM

yeah I saw that when it came out.... Had the EPSI already, also the AMT is not stereo (only 1 channel) get the EPSI

it dose say it is stereo line out and head phone out but that would mean adapter cables and line matching... still +1 EPSI

Re: My EPSi is on its way! - 10/27/15 01:14 AM

;o) I am from Europe and I didn't find any shop with EPSi. And I need this stuff only for home recording. Only put it into FX loop, make "good" sound on 1 track and record. I think AMT is OK for me. Only my "nightmare" is to go through 1000 and 1000 free or buying IRs...;o)))

Re: My EPSi is on its way! - 10/27/15 08:11 AM

You can only buy the EPSI from www.Logidy.COM website it is not in any shops anywhere that I know of you can also trying to find one on eBay like I did

Re: My EPSi is on its way! - 10/27/15 08:31 AM

Yes, it is the reason why I prefer to buy AMT on eshop from Germany. No extra cost for delivery...
And I think AMT is for my "home recording" enough.
Posted by: DonaldR

Re: My EPSi is on its way! - 10/27/15 08:32 AM

You are starting to get my interest for the EPSI!!!
Question: How easy is it to get a good sound for FOH with the EPSI? (ie: Plexi model with Ownhammer 4x12" with Celestion speakers IR)?

With the 11R I have to spend a lot of effort with the parametric eq going with cab simulator on. Would I still have to play with the parametric eq?
If I go Rig Output No Cab to my tube power amp/4x12" cab it takes me seconds to have a very good sound and don't have to use the parametric eq.

Re: My EPSi is on its way! - 10/28/15 07:45 AM

Originally Posted By: DonaldR
You are starting to get my interest for the EPSI!!!
Question: How easy is it to get a good sound for FOH with the EPSI? (ie: Plexi model with Ownhammer 4x12" with Celestion speakers IR)?

With the 11R I have to spend a lot of effort with the parametric eq going with cab simulator on. Would I still have to play with the parametric eq?
If I go Rig Output No Cab to my tube power amp/4x12" cab it takes me seconds to have a very good sound and don't have to use the parametric eq.

Essentially, for me, it is no more difficult than getting dialed in for tracking. I run through a studio monitor to get the tones expected in-the-box through USB, and to send that to FOH guy is not a problem, as they should be running a quality full-range setup. I almost never have to touch the EQ in the 11r with the EPSi (the EPSi has a useful high and low eq on it as well), I just switch speakers to get the tone I am after.

Though I should mention the 11r may sound a little different at lower volumes than higher volumes (or maybe it is our hearing that makes us perceive sound differently at the different volumes), so I would recommend cranking the 11r or visiting a soundstage at least once before going live so you know what to expect. I don't have an issue, but a friend of mine mentions this to me all the time (though he only has an 11r, not 11r + EPSi)..
Posted by: DonaldR

Re: My EPSi is on its way! - 10/31/15 07:54 AM

Thanks Downrazor11. It's a bit sad there's no midi on the EPSI tough.
I usually dial rigs on my EV ZLX12P at relatively loud level so I have nothing to adjust when going FOH.

I will try to find one at local music store and try it for a couple of days.