what do i need to update 11r from version 1.0.3 to current

Posted by: Paul in Iowa

what do i need to update 11r from version 1.0.3 to current - 04/27/15 11:00 PM

what do i need to update 11r from version 1.0.3 to current version number??
Posted by: jaminjimlp

Re: what do i need to update 11r from version 1.0.3 to current - 04/28/15 03:39 AM

11 rack expansion pack

Re: what do i need to update 11r from version 1.0.3 to current - 04/28/15 05:10 AM

ty I though that was it.

is there a way to tell the date of mfg from the date code??
I have a date code of 013

Re: what do i need to update 11r from version 1.0.3 to current - 04/28/15 07:58 AM

does the expansion pack update the firmware too??
Posted by: Ichil

Re: what do i need to update 11r from version 1.0.3 to current - 04/28/15 09:31 AM

The expansion pack IS firmware 2.01. ;-)

Re: what do i need to update 11r from version 1.0.3 to current - 04/28/15 09:52 AM

any deals on the pack out there??
or is a avid retailer thing only??

Re: what do i need to update 11r from version 1.0.3 to current - 04/28/15 09:54 AM

I need to check the date code and serial number to make sure the former owner did not do the damage and install the old firmware on a new machine.
is there a good phone number for avid tech that might have good answers on the serial number??
Posted by: Bob

Re: what do i need to update 11r from version 1.0.3 to current - 04/28/15 10:20 AM

No.

The only way to get this type of support from Avid is to buy a support code.

http://www.avid.com/US/Support/Contact/audio-support

Buying used can get you a good price, but if you need support, well, basically you are on your own as far as Avid is concerned. Sorry bout that.

Re: what do i need to update 11r from version 1.0.3 to current - 04/29/15 02:18 PM

I am thinking this is why folks are going kemper and FAS...
you can just call them for help when things are going bad.....

I am getting closer to a solution...
if it is not resolved I will be selling both units and the brand new unused protools11.
from what I have found out the pro tools 11 will not do what I need it to...
I need the HD solution in avid.... 60k or more no thanks...

I will just stick to sonar... it works good for what I do.
I have 5 daw setups here....
I am surprised that you cannot run more than one of the eleven racks in to pro tools for capture.... that just seams wrong....
I can track 8 mono (4 stereo ) live with the zoomr24 in to the other daw software... I may just have to track off the line outs of the eleven racks to make it work....

I did find out the serial numbers were enter wrong at the retailer so the real serial numbers have never been registered.

more later as this drama unfolds....

Re: what do i need to update 11r from version 1.0.3 to current - 04/29/15 02:53 PM

Well you can certainly get Pro Tools HD system for well under $60K. 16 channels of I/O Pro Tools HD native (card or thunderbolt) is about $7K.

I am having difficulty understanding what it is you need 11 R to do and why you need to connect more than one and have Pro Tools see it.

If you need more I/O, there are a ton of interfaces that can give you that AND also interface with 11R.

Regular old Pro Tools can handle up to 32 tracks of simultaneous recording...depending upon your interface.

If you want to record with multiple amps, well the best way to do that is to record ONE patch, the RE-AMP with another patch, keeping both. OR use the Eleven Plug in on the dry track. I do both quite often.

I do have two 11Racks. When I need to record two guitars at the same time, I can simply run BOTH 11R through my interface, which is 18 inputs. If I had 8 11 racks I could record all of them at once and use 8 of the inputs for mono or if I wanted to record stereo, I'd use 16 or them. No problem.

Kemper or Fractal, makes no difference Pro Tools will only let you use one of them at a time as the main interface, just as the 11R.

Just a little FYI here. I mean you gotta do what feels best.
Posted by: Downrazor11

Re: what do i need to update 11r from version 1.0.3 to current - 04/29/15 03:36 PM

I am on a mac and I can utilize multiple interfaces using 'Audio MIDI Setup' and making an aggregate device (with my 11r and my duet2).. Then I track into Reaper, even though I have ProTools11, and I have no problem utilizing any of the inputs. I have not tried this with multiple 11r's though, and I don't need/use the standalone editor while I track so I don't know how it would work out for someone who does..

BTW, Bob, Paul, where in Iowa? Iowa City here!

Re: what do i need to update 11r from version 1.0.3 to current - 04/29/15 11:44 PM

what are you running for the 18 in put interface brand and model any latency??

ultimate for what I want to do would be 4 eleven racks.

I was just looking for direct and clean di .... the eleven rack does that but only as one at a time....

I would have designed the eleven rack a/d chain to be able to stack the data for the daw...

you are right for now the best is the external d I/o interface
as long as the loading for the computer cpu is real low..
I can do that with the zoom recorder and soon to be 2 and more of them.. I think I will go 2 double zoom systems for total tracking of 16 stereo live and 48 stereo..
easy to sync and run....
kinda old school but digital...
and they record to cards so you can swap out the flash fast for backups.

some times for jam sessions when you cut loose a few guy's in the same room it is best to grab the individual sounds for later retracking etc.... now day's you can do just that!!

cool times we live in!!

Re: what do i need to update 11r from version 1.0.3 to current - 04/29/15 11:46 PM

an aha moment...
I did get the expansion pack down load numbers.
it was an older unit that never got updated!!
where do I get the expansion pack file??

Re: what do i need to update 11r from version 1.0.3 to current - 04/30/15 06:52 AM

Originally Posted By: Downrazor11
I am on a mac and I can utilize multiple interfaces using 'Audio MIDI Setup' and making an aggregate device (with my 11r and my duet2).. Then I track into Reaper, even though I have ProTools11, and I have no problem utilizing any of the inputs. I have not tried this with multiple 11r's though, and I don't need/use the standalone editor while I track so I don't know how it would work out for someone who does..

BTW, Bob, Paul, where in Iowa? Iowa City here!

Pro Tools does not like to aggregate more than one Avid/Digidesign device. SOME have had limited success but most not.

I have tried and it was unreliable at best. 11R and an interface from say Presonous or Focusrite, or someone, seems to work much better, but you cannot aggregate two 11R. At least I couldn't and have not heard any success in doing so.

I am in C.R.

Re: what do i need to update 11r from version 1.0.3 to current - 04/30/15 07:47 AM

Originally Posted By: Paul in Iowa
what are you running for the 18 in put interface brand and model any latency??

For the particular set-up I mentioned, I use a Digidesign (Avid) 003 Rack + which 18 channel I/O. I also have an 8 channel AD/DA ADAT Mic Pre that connect to the 003+ that gives me 16 channels of mic Input OR 16 channels of DI, and I still have 2 channels of digital I/O with S/pdif.

The 003 Racks are no longer produced but you can find them on Ebay for a few hundred bucks.

Yes, there is some latency, but if you set up Pro Tools correctly, you will not notice it.

I also have an HD|Native system that is based on the Omni.

Presonous and Focusrite also make similar products just to name a couple.

I am really interested in the Focusrite Clarett 8Pre X. It is not yet available but it is 26 x 28 Simultaneous I/O for about $1300. It is a thunderbolt interface with reported latency of under 1ms

ultimate for what I want to do would be 4 eleven racks.

I was just looking for direct and clean di .... the eleven rack does that but only as one at a time....

I would have designed the eleven rack a/d chain to be able to stack the data for the daw...

But you see, Avid has other solutions for that. This was never intended to replace those solutions, but rather to augment them and as a stand alone interface for the recording guitarist, and a live performance solution.

FYI I have also used both of my 11Rs live. Simply use a Lehle Dual Amp Switcher to split and isolate my signal to send to each 11R then each 11R out to the FOH AND to FRFR speakers on stage. Each 11R running a different preset. Any pedals that I need to use I put them in front of the Lehle.

you are right for now the best is the external d I/o interface
as long as the loading for the computer cpu is real low..
I can do that with the zoom recorder and soon to be 2 and more of them.. I think I will go 2 double zoom systems for total tracking of 16 stereo live and 48 stereo..
easy to sync and run....
kinda old school but digital...
and they record to cards so you can swap out the flash fast for backups.

some times for jam sessions when you cut loose a few guy's in the same room it is best to grab the individual sounds for later retracking etc.... now day's you can do just that!!

cool times we live in!!

Of course modern computers are pretty heavily horse powered, and you do need the horse power if you want to go that big. Otherwise your solution sounds like it will work for you.

Re: what do i need to update 11r from version 1.0.3 to current - 04/30/15 12:51 PM

well another 6 hours and 4 sets of download codes. got it going!!

the trick is xp machine and firefox and make sure you have the xp drivers installed first. then run the updater.

I used my old work horse acer computer 394mb ram 667p3 with the gb lan card....
xp pro and only fire fox on the machine...
loaded like a dream!!
after they got the right fresh codes from avid..
the code generator over there was messing up this am...

all is well that ends!!

Re: what do i need to update 11r from version 1.0.3 to current - 04/30/15 12:58 PM

Focusrite Clarett 8Pre X
sounds like I need that on my list..
when will they be out??

I have on the list the second r24 for this next week..
it will get me by for now.

Re: what do i need to update 11r from version 1.0.3 to current - 05/01/15 05:53 AM

well I found out the updater issue source for the problem.

it is the updater!!
avid is using C++ 2008....
you have to run the updater on an xp pro machine, and it has to have fire fox for the browser only, no windows browsers period.

the new computers have the new security lic. verifier on them...
so the updater will not run!!
and give you all kinds of weird excuses and reasons why it could not finish the installation!!

flash update is kinda nice...
but a burned chip would be better!!

Re: what do i need to update 11r from version 1.0.3 to current - 05/03/15 04:08 AM

Focusrite Clarett 8Pre X

on pre order as of this weekend.
looks cool!! more that I wanted to spend but it has the room to get it done!! and expand!!

like I have always said..
build the system where it can be expanded and added on to.
never box your self in with gear that cannot be expanded.

the digital I/o stuff on the 11r leaves you wide open to chain or I/o in the other units just fine.

I just like the idea of the 11r taking the brunt of the hot output from the guitars....
I run emg's. and active fishman... when cranked they are hard on any front end simi conductor gear or tube lol!!
and that is a good thing!! drive is where some of the best phat sounds come from.
the clean I get from the emg's are real good!!!

now with that said
when is the 12 rack coming out??? LOL
that is one better than 11!!
or they could call it the 2020 rack.
looking back it should have been built the new way... GRIN!!

if they do change and make a new unit:

make it with 10000 user presets (scenes) or more
and have 1000 preset groups (songs).
we as users could assign the presets to a group (song) as a chain for scene change.
then they would have something easy to use on stage...
they could have it programmed with the midi lights etc...
just a few thoughts!!