Eleven Rack Cutting Out

Posted by: Bnote

Eleven Rack Cutting Out - 02/21/15 09:01 PM

I'm a new 11R user, running it thru a Tech 21 PE60 via Amp Output 2. My unit seems to be cutting out as if there's a gate or limiter going on...an on pretty much every patch. Happens thru headphones as well with no amp connected. Certain patches also don't sustain notes well....notes cut off after 2-3 seconds. What gives? I've tried messing around with various settings, but can't seem to figure out what's causing it.
Any ideas or anybody else having this problem?

thanks in advance...
Posted by: DaytonFlyer

Re: Eleven Rack Cutting Out - 02/22/15 06:34 AM

I had a similar problem. Mine was cutting out it having serious volume drops and it was happening at gigs, which is awful. Someone on here mentioned to make sure when playing your screen just shows your rig name like "A1 Clean Chorus" or whatever your rig name is. As soon as I left it like that I had no issue.

Re: Eleven Rack Cutting Out - 02/22/15 09:31 AM

Now there's an answer you won't find in the owners manual 😊
I will most certainly give that a shot and report back. If it works....I'm buying the beer.
Thanks
Posted by: Downrazor11

Re: Eleven Rack Cutting Out - 02/22/15 05:25 PM

I know you probably checked it, but I have to ask.. Did you turn off the noise gate on the preset you are using? It is part of the 'amp' setting..

Re: Eleven Rack Cutting Out - 02/22/15 09:13 PM

You're in luck then, it just so happens that I like beer!

Re: Eleven Rack Cutting Out - 02/22/15 11:41 PM

Well I'm here to report that it actually did help the situation considerably, but it did not resolve it completely. Still a number of rigs that don't sustain and/or they don't pick up right away. It seemed to resolve 90% of the issue and I noticed if I went back to the default view....the condition did not come back right away, but rather it "creeped" back into constant cutting in/out and not picking up notes to the point of unplayable. Very curious to know what that's all about, but in the meantime....playing in simple view seems to be the only "partial" cure.

If others are experiencing this and/or knows the reason why....please do tell.

Thanks for the tip...

Re: Eleven Rack Cutting Out - 02/23/15 05:45 PM

Did you check the noise gate setting on each preset? I had to turn the gate down or off on every preset I've ever made.
Posted by: ral8667

Re: Eleven Rack Cutting Out - 02/24/15 08:55 PM

Mine just started doing this today. I've only had my 11r for a couple of weeks...bought it used. Hasn't dropped volume until today. Just does it randomly. Yesterday i changed it from 44k to 96k. So today i put it back to 44k. I will let you know if the volume drops again. Do any of you having this issue run your 11r at 96k?

Re: Eleven Rack Cutting Out - 03/05/15 12:00 AM

My unit seems to be temperamental. Had it working mostly with clean tonnes, but not 100% reliable. Eventually the problems creep in. Truth be told, I'm a newbie to guitar in general and was hoping the 11R would be my answer, but between the sustaining notes cutting off and sounds not picking up until a couple string are picked only to cut out again....I've concluded that something is definitely not right with my unit. Added to these issues, I have also run into erratic volume behavior where it just blasts loud noise, cutting in/out and then to top it off, the 11R volume knob had no effect. The real guitar players in my band tried a couple things they were completely baffled by the units response as it just got worse. Even tried a different guitar in the unit only to find that it seem to run really "hot" compared to my Fender American Strat. It was this other guitar that had the volume issue. I'm running the unit thru a Tech 21 power engine amp via the guitar amp out jack and it's just been horrible to downright unusable. Pretty convinced I have a faulty unit and/or the true z jack is maybe bunk, but eitehr way I'm being forced into sending it back for extended warranty repair. I've already decided if the problem persists after I get the unit back (ie: tell me it works fine, but it doesn't the minute I plug it in....) it's going in the garbage and I will chalk it up to a really frustrating experience. Stay tuned on that front....if it gets resolved I will post the findings for others to learn from.
Posted by: Downrazor11

Re: Eleven Rack Cutting Out - 03/05/15 08:08 AM

Yeah, be sure to post back and let us know what happens. I am sorry your unit is frustrating and I hope it gets fixed for you!
Posted by: mikefont

Re: Eleven Rack Cutting Out - 03/05/15 09:56 AM

Hey Bnote,

Just to triple check...I dont see in any of your posts if you said that you checked to see if it was the noise gate settings or not, because it sounds like that is the problem that you are having. A little clarification may help...

You have to adjust the noise gate for each rig. If you have any doubts when you get it back from repair, just turn the noise gate off on all of your rigs & test to see if that eliminates your problem.
The noise gate was one of the features that I was hoping Avid would update, because it is a fairly limited gate IMO. It could use separate attack and release controls.

Good Luck

Posted by: Brindle

Re: Eleven Rack Cutting Out - 10/11/15 05:27 PM

I had this problem yesterday, narrowed it down to a guitar cable that was at least 30 years old hadn't been used in 28 years! Seemed to work, except level would drop of then come back and fade. I just wanted to utilize some old cables, not anymore! Rigged it with recent cables and went off to my gig last night without a hitch.
One thing that happened first was moving from patch C3 back to A2
I noticed every patch I scrolled through had the wrong details on the screen. Shut off the unit, turned it on and the screen was back to normal, then the audio problem. Now everything works with good cabling.