Firmware 1.0.3

Posted by: Ioannes

Firmware 1.0.3 - 01/06/15 01:56 AM

Hi. I tried to install "new" firmware 1.0.3. I installed latest driver (tried to install all drivers for Windows.. same situation). I installed them without problem. But I tried to install firmware. Here is the result (sorry for my not nice english). Do you have some ideas?
[img]https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-...amp;oe=553276B7[/img]
Posted by: jaminjimlp

Re: Firmware 1.0.3 - 01/06/15 07:24 AM

it probably needs you to load drivers that are around the same date as that firmware update but if I was you I would go ahead and just get the expansion pack it will put you to firmware 2.0 and you will have the extra amps and cabs to boot.

Re: Firmware 1.0.3 - 01/07/15 01:09 AM

Thanx. But if this update is NOT working, I am afraid of buying Expansion pack... maybe I waste money for nothing, if it will not work too..;o((

Re: Firmware 1.0.3 - 01/07/15 08:33 AM

Call avid and see if they can help or get on the duct and ask for help.

Re: Firmware 1.0.3 - 01/08/15 01:32 AM

Ok, maybe I am very stupid, But I am not able to find email contact to Avid support. I would like to send them pictures and write whole story.
Do you have an email contact? I tried to register used product.. but they didnt send me activation code..;o(((

Re: Firmware 1.0.3 - 01/08/15 10:25 AM

I couldn't find anything except to go make an avid account and look for support after you are logged in.

Or go here http://duc.avid.com/

Re: Firmware 1.0.3 - 01/09/15 01:21 AM

My fealing is that the drivers (all what they have on sites) install in diferent "folder, way" and new firmware doesnt find them.
Each plug in USB (eleven rack) need to install drivers again. It is something wrong. But it happends on 3 PCs (not only on one, I tried to make it on 3 different ones). :o(

Re: Firmware 1.0.3 - 01/09/15 09:41 AM

soon as you plug in the driver load up every time and that may be what your noticing, you don't have to run the driver install every time do you?

what version is on your 11r now? if there are any inbetween what you have now and the newest one you may have to lode them up in succession (in order)

Re: Firmware 1.0.3 - 01/12/15 02:03 AM

I have to install driver everytime I plug in the 11R.
The version is on the picture. I have 1.0.2 firmware, driver 1.1.9. (I tried 1.0.11., 1.1.6, 1.1.7 too)

Re: Firmware 1.0.3 - 01/13/15 03:45 AM

Some idea? I really Need help.

Re: Firmware 1.0.3 - 01/14/15 04:32 AM

give me a link to the firmware I can't seem to find it.

one other idea is maybe you should try a factory reset then go for it again.... let me know if it works... Have you posted on the "duc"?

or tried to create an avid account and then contact support?
Posted by: Bob

Re: Firmware 1.0.3 - 01/14/15 09:07 AM

This is where it lives. Eleven Rack Frimware Download I am not sure if this will work with Windows 8 or not.

Make sure to read the read me files. Check to be sure that you are on an earlier firmware version (simply read the read me file for instructions.) Follow the instructions and you should be golden.

Also, yes windows often installs an additional driver if you plug your unit into a different USB port. This is a windows thing. You may need to go into your device drivers and remove all of the 11R drivers and reboot. Don't keep changing USB ports that you use the 11R on. Let it live on one and keep it there. You will have far less frustration that way.

It would be well worth the $100 to upgrade to the Eleven Rack Expansion Pack, in my opinion.

Re: Firmware 1.0.3 - 01/15/15 01:20 AM

Thanx for answew.. BUT... Did you read what I wrote??? Did you see the picture? I follow the instruction, I installed the drivers, I tried to install the firmware. And the resault is on the picture. Right?

It would be well worth the $100 to upgrade to the Eleven Rack Expansion Pack, in my opinion.

I am afraid of buying it. Because if I have the same problem with instalation, I waste this money....

Re: Firmware 1.0.3 - 01/15/15 01:23 AM

And of course I made factory reset... without any changes.

I thing nobody can halp me, noboby have an email contact directly to AVID, only some kind of Avid account (which in this case is non sense, because I bought this preamp on the ebay, I dont have any activation code) and they send me nothing through email....

Shit situation.
Posted by: Downrazor11

Re: Firmware 1.0.3 - 01/15/15 12:57 PM

I agree, it is a tough situation. Shit, even. Do you have any music stores or production studios near you that may be able to assist you? Have you tried doing this with a mac? At this point it seems that whatever your hardware configuration is it isn't working for this process so you need to think about swapping out some elements of the equation..

Re: Firmware 1.0.3 - 01/15/15 03:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Downrazor11
Have you tried doing this with a mac? At this point it seems that whatever your hardware configuration is it isn't working for this process so you need to think about swapping out some elements of the equation..

I agree.... try another PC or laptop and a Mac

Originally Posted By: Ioannes

I am afraid of buying it. Because if I have the same problem with instalation, I waste this money....

only some kind of Avid account (which in this case is non sense, because I bought this preamp on the ebay,

Yes but if you buy the expansion pack off the Avid web site then you will have an Avid account and you will get the help from them if it won't install. They will login on your comp and do it for you.

Re: Firmware 1.0.3 - 01/16/15 05:09 AM

I tried it on 2PCs and 1 laptot.. the same situation.

Re: Firmware 1.0.3 - 01/16/15 08:25 AM

does it work with your DAW?
have you tried a different usb cable?
win 7 and win 8? xp?

Re: Firmware 1.0.3 - 01/17/15 06:42 AM

maybe this:

Make sure Pro Tools is NOT running. If any Core Audio/ASIO
applications which use Eleven Rack as their audio output path are
running, QUIT or EXIT the applications before using the updater.

Re: Firmware 1.0.3 - 01/17/15 06:44 AM

Originally Posted By: Bob
This is where it lives. Eleven Rack Frimware Download I am not sure if this will work with Windows 8 or not.

Make sure to read the read me files. Check to be sure that you are on an earlier firmware version (simply read the read me file for instructions.) Follow the instructions and you should be golden.

Also, yes windows often installs an additional driver if you plug your unit into a different USB port. This is a windows thing. You may need to go into your device drivers and remove all of the 11R drivers and reboot. Don't keep changing USB ports that you use the 11R on. Let it live on one and keep it there. You will have far less frustration that way.

Dude how did you find this?!?!?!?
please post a link to the page before this one! thanks

Re: Firmware 1.0.3 - 01/17/15 07:37 AM

try thease to :

ELEVEN RACK EXPANSION PACK INSTALL ISSUE (RESOLVED)

I am running a Windows 7 system and had IE 10 as the default browser.
I read alot of posts describibg a problem with installing the expansion pack with several different possibles cures. (non of which worked for me)
Here is how I was finally able to install the expansion pack.

1) Make sure you have the most recent Eleven Rack Driver installed.
2) Make sure you have UAC turned off (Set to Never notify)
3) install Google Chrome and make it your default browser.
4) COMPLETELY remove Internet Explorer and from your computer. IE 9 and IE 10 are not compatible.
5) Download the expansion pack software through Chrome and install.
(if it fails, you might still have IE somewhere in the system. I had to uninstall IE 10 and then go back and unistall the legacy IE 9. Just removing it from Windows features by unchecking the box will NOT work)
6) Run the ERXP installer and bada bing... it works..

Replies

Michael BaierApril 25, 2013 at 10:53 AM
Forgot to mention also..
Once you get the ERXP installed, you can reinstall IE9 or IE10 with no adverse effects.

Re: Firmware 1.0.3 - 01/17/15 07:38 AM

maybe this guy can help:

http://elevenrackusers.blogspot.com/2012/01/eleven-rack-drivers-software-repository.html

Re: Firmware 1.0.3 - 01/18/15 03:48 PM

Originally Posted By: jaminjimlp

Dude how did you find this?!?!?!?
please post a link to the page before this one! thanks

OK Here it is.

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/download/en371135

2/3 down the page look for a link that says View Available Downloads That takes you there.

Re: Firmware 1.0.3 - 01/19/15 06:33 AM

I have Windows XP and Windows 8. 3PCs and it doesnt work..;o(((

Re: Firmware 1.0.3 - 01/19/15 06:35 AM

And maybe "stupid" question. Is somewhere some trial version of expansion pack? I would like to buy EP, but if I have the same problem, it is wasting of money..;o(
Posted by: Markus

Re: Firmware 1.0.3 - 01/19/15 08:17 AM

And maybe "stupid" question. Is somewhere some trial version of expansion pack? I would like to buy EP, but if I have the same problem, it is wasting of money..;o(

No, there's no trial.
If you buy it new, it will most likely have the EP installed. If you buy it used, there are enough around that have it as well. And it is definitely not a waste of money, it brings the 11R to a new level. You can ask anyone around, they will all say the same. Even if it were only for the added fx and the parametric EQ it would be worth the money, but the new amps are really really good. You won't regret it.

Re: Firmware 1.0.3 - 01/20/15 01:43 AM

Sorry, I think you dont understand me.

I tried to install version 1.0.3. On 4 PCs yet. Without luck. And some AVID support is piece of shit.

If I have a problem to install stupid new firmware (free), I am worry to buy something for money... because I will have the same problem. ;o((((

Re: Firmware 1.0.3 - 01/20/15 04:09 AM

Please, look at this.

Re: Firmware 1.0.3 - 01/20/15 04:10 AM

all drivers are OK... I dont have pro tools (I have 11R as standalone component). But I am not able to install this fucking 1.0.3 version ( I need it). I am afraid of buying and installing expansion pack too.

Re: Firmware 1.0.3 - 01/20/15 07:11 AM

all drivers are OK... I dont have pro tools (I have 11R as standalone component). But I am not able to install this fucking 1.0.3 version ( I need it). I am afraid of buying and installing expansion pack too.

Does the damn unit work? Can you play through it without turning on your computer?

If you have tried this on 4 computers, I would say you have a problem with the hardware.

Re: Firmware 1.0.3 - 01/20/15 07:15 AM

I solved it... bingo.... I had to install very old dirver 1.0.8. and then restart many times.... and BINGO, it works.
Still I am a little bit afraid installing EP..;o)
Posted by: Christophersad

Re: Firmware 1.0.3 - 01/20/15 04:06 PM

go for it its super worth!

Re: Firmware 1.0.3 - 01/21/15 01:42 AM

I have Windows XP without pro tools. How does work update to Expansion pack? (I have bad xperiences with update to 1.0.3.. I wrote it and solved it after 1 month)

And what I hear, There are the same troubles with outputs (If I have output to amp (one of them) set to "Rig output no cab"..... the main outputs are without CAB too... it is really shit).

I see the diferences are only new amps and efects.

I have windows XP, I think i am not able to use "11R editor", or????
Posted by: Christophersad

Re: Firmware 1.0.3 - 01/21/15 04:26 AM

if its xp 32 bit you wont be able to use the editor, you have to switch to a 64 bit version,btw i never used the editor in my life.
for the output yes its like u say and its a bug never solved,but not much of a hassle if you ask me, since youll better monitor on stage with an frfr cab instead of a regular amp.for the expansion install, well some guys have had some problems but in the end everyone solved and installed.

Re: Firmware 1.0.3 - 01/23/15 07:04 AM

Originally Posted By: jaminjimlp
it probably needs you to load drivers that are around the same date as that firmware update but if I was you I would go ahead and just get the expansion pack it will put you to firmware 2.0 and you will have the extra amps and cabs to boot.

"SEE If you had of listened to me in the beginning"..... just kidding glad you finally got it.;)

And I still say go with the ERXP you are missing allot and you can use "11 hack" with 32bit comp. so you don't need the editor at all.