Yosemite still NOT listed as compatible?

Posted by: Intelli-Shred

Yosemite still NOT listed as compatible? - 12/10/14 06:50 AM

WHAT is the hold up?.. this is an AVID thing right?.. why the slow dragging of feet on this?
I'm always prompted by my updates to make the OS update.. but every time I get back and look PT11 is still on the list of being non compatible?
Posted by: Robitaille20

Re: Yosemite still NOT listed as compatible? - 12/11/14 02:16 PM

It does work however.

Re: Yosemite still NOT listed as compatible? - 12/12/14 06:29 AM

I just worried that between my laptop and things I need to do that are NOT ProTools related.. and my 11R.. zinc PT.. somethings gonna go work.. lock up.. disappear.. what ever could possibly happen will..lol
Posted by: JerEvil

Re: Yosemite still NOT listed as compatible? - 12/15/14 08:42 PM

Does it at least work with the stand alone editor?
Posted by: Oblivion

Re: Yosemite still NOT listed as compatible? - 12/16/14 08:17 AM

Yes. the 11R standalone editor works in Yosemite. Drivers work. I have an older version of ProTools and I had to hack a bit to get that installed, but I don't use it anyway. I use 11R with Reaper without problems.

Re: Yosemite still NOT listed as compatible? - 12/17/14 11:44 AM

Using PT11,, still shows not compatible .. is it really that hard for Avid to get their crap together on this?
Posted by: Bob

Re: Yosemite still NOT listed as compatible? - 12/18/14 07:32 AM

Kevin - while ProTools does not yet officially support Yosemite, there are several that are using it with ProTools 11 with no issue.

THE GOOD NEWS is that the 11R now has an updated driver for Yosemite here Eleven Rack Drivers So we can be pretty confidant that Yosemte support for ProTools will be coming soon.

There is also an updated driver for WIN Doze versions as well.

Re: Yosemite still NOT listed as compatible? - 12/18/14 12:44 PM

Thank you sir!
Your pal.. the technophobe.. lol.
Posted by: Robitaille20

Re: Yosemite still NOT listed as compatible? - 12/20/14 12:39 AM

New drivers were released yesterday (http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/download/Eleven-Rack-Drivers) and Pro Tools 11.3 with Yosemite compatibility was released today!

Re: Yosemite still NOT listed as compatible? - 12/20/14 03:17 PM

The PT dialog box for an update popped up last night right as I was opening a client's session.lol