Wah and Behringer FCB1010

Posted by: arturocivit

Wah and Behringer FCB1010 - 04/15/14 01:21 PM

Hi there guys, I have a question and wondering if any of you had the same issue, I'm using my beloved 11R with a behringer FCB1010 which I think it's pretty cool, but the thing is, I want to have, let's say, a distortion with a wah on it, but if I activate the wah on my 11R editor is like it is always on, so my tone is kinda leaking, is there a way to make it work like a regular wah? like you step on and is active and when finished using it you step on again and is not active?

Thanks guys!

Arturo
Posted by: 68injunhed

Re: Wah and Behringer FCB1010 - 04/16/14 04:16 AM

Basically, no.

There is no pressure switch at the end of travel point to trigger on/off of the wah effect like a dedicated wah pedal has. One of the biggest shortcomings of using the FCB1010(which I use BTW).
Posted by: dmock66

Re: Wah and Behringer FCB1010 - 04/16/14 08:24 AM

Just curious - do you have to turn the wah on via one of the switches then the wah becomes active and you then use the expression pedal?

I ask because right now I use a Rocktron MidiMate which does not have an expression pedal. It works fine enough for switching presets and giving me direct on/off toggle to effects. I use a L6 M9 in the 11R FX Loop and have an expression pedal for that. I use the wah in the M9. It's a similar deal - turn the wah on with a regular stomp box style switch then move to the expression pedal. I was considering moving to a FCB1010 to avoid that clunky implementation - but it sounds like it operates exactly the same.
Posted by: dmock66

Re: Wah and Behringer FCB1010 - 04/16/14 08:30 AM

Just curious - do you have to turn the wah on via one of the switches then the wah becomes active and you then use the expression pedal?

I ask because right now I use a Rocktron MidiMate which does not have an expression pedal. It works fine enough for switching presets and giving me direct on/off toggle to effects. I use a L6 M9 in the 11R FX Loop and have an expression pedal for that. I use the wah in the M9. It's a similar deal - turn the wah on with a regular stomp box style switch then move to the expression pedal. I was considering moving to a FCB1010 to avoid that clunky implementation - but it sounds like it operates exactly the same.
Posted by: Seemöwe

Re: Wah and Behringer FCB1010 - 04/16/14 11:28 AM

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5kxqh8S6b3JVGVEM2szV1pidW8/edit?usp=sharing

Here's link to one mod, haven't done it yet but someday near future.. laugh

Posted by: Marc C.

Re: Wah and Behringer FCB1010 - 04/16/14 05:10 PM

Seemowe... way to be on the ball... good link to a great mod idea !
Posted by: 68injunhed

Re: Wah and Behringer FCB1010 - 04/16/14 08:58 PM

I think I'll be doing that one, seems straightforward enough. Thanks for the link!