NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!!

Posted by: jaminjimlp

NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 05/18/13 09:17 PM

New to the forum?

Tell us who you are.

This is for you old guys still hanging around here [url=toohttp://www.elevenrackpresets.com/forum/images/icons/default/cool.gif][url=toohttp://www.elevenrackpresets.com/forum/images/icons/default/cool.gif][url=toohttp://www.elevenrackpresets.com/forum/images/icons/default/cool.gif]toohttp://www.elevenrackpresets.com/forum/images/icons/default/cool.gif[/url][/url][/url]

here's a guideline....

1.whats your name? Jim

2.where do you live? Georgia

3.what kinda music you into, and or play? blues, rock, metal

4.You in a band or just jamming with friends? both, my band is "Never Forsaken" www.neverforsaken.org

5.Whats your most wanted gear [that you don't have yet]? Fernandes Revolver Elite Limited

6 What is your oldest piece of gear? Probably this: unicord stage 400 210 this is not mine, looks like the cat sprayed this guys...

7.What is your most used or favorite guitar you have? Fernandes Dragonfly Elite gotta love the "sustainer"

8.Recording gear and or software? Boss BR1600CD , 11r and PT10

9.Other gear worth a mention? Art Sgx2000 Express

10.the day you got it home what was your first impression of the 11 rack and what do you think now? Wasn't sure about it until I found this forum and the Singtall superpack

11.Whats the best way to get in contact with you? PM me with your email address

And WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!!
Posted by: Wannabe

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 05/18/13 10:12 PM

1.whats your name? Buzzz Miller

2.where do you live? Peoria, Arizona

3.what kinda music you into, and or play? Classic rock, progressive metal

4.You in a band or just jamming with friends? In two bands; The Lemmings of non-conformity and Slant Eyed Fish Head.

5.Whats your most wanted gear [that you don't have yet]? Nothing Really.

6 What is your oldest piece of gear? Ibanez Roadstar II With original Edge and single kicked humbucker.

7.What is your most used or favorite guitar you have? Humpty, my home made, poplar body, quartersawn maple neck with ebony board and stainless frets, with reverse ibanez style headstock and my own custom paint and Dimarzio pickups. And as for other gear, my Crate Blue Voodoo 50 head. Never heard another head like it. Even my hot-rodded Blue Voodoo 60's modified by Tony Krank can't keep up.

8.Recording gear and or software? DPS24, carvin 24 channel mixer and general other stuff.

9.Other gear worth a mention? I make my own guitars, isolation cabs, and other stuff. go to http://www.lemmingsofnonconformity.com/equipment.html

10.the day you got it home what was your first impression of the 11 rack and what do you think now?I couldn't make it make a single sound for over a month from the day I bought it. But I am starting to really get it dialed into my equipment. I am liking it. (If it was not for this site, and the sounds downloaded here, I would hate the 11R)

11.Whats the best way to get in contact with you? BuzzzMiller.com

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 05/18/13 10:40 PM

Dude I have seen your guitars that you have posted and they are nothing less than awesome!!! post a few here if you would... WOW!!! just checked out that link... gotta get you to paint one for me one day!!!
Posted by: Bojan

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 05/19/13 07:02 AM

1.whats your name? Bojan Tepic

2.where do you live? Austria

3.what kinda music you into, and or play? Classic Rock,Blues, Melodic

4.You in a band or just jamming with friends? Usually jamming, the band has been in development

5.Whats your most wanted gear [that you don't have yet]?
Marshall JCM 2000

6 What is your oldest piece of gear?Telecaster BT Custom

7.What is your most used or favorite guitar you have? Yamaha Pacifica 212VFM With Seymour Duncan SSL-5 Custom Staggered(Single Coil) SH-4 JB(Humbucker)

8.Recording gear and or software? Eleven Rack and some good plugins!

9.Other gear worth a mention? AxeFX Ultra

10.the day you got it home what was your first impression of the 11 rack and what do you think now?
Every day more and more I get to know the Magic Orange Box, and every time I meet something new ... and I think I still did not learn his FINAL possibility!!!

11.Whats the best way to get in contact with you? Bojan Tepic

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 05/19/13 09:49 PM

Beautiful Guitars bro

Thanks for posting

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 06/02/13 10:55 AM

Sorry for the bump... there is a welcome package in it for you new guy's, and some showing off for the old guy's to do.

I like to see what works for others, I have always been the kind of guy that doesn't so much fallow the "buzz" or what every one thinks is "HOT" at the time. it's like when I bought my first Fernandes Guitar and I had a pocket full of cash and was getting my first new axe and It was at "victor litz music" in MD. I played every expensive and cheap guitar they had and was disappointed at the lack of "play-ability" of them all, then I saw the fernandes and thought I "never heard of that brand" (in the year 1992) it had floyed rose and locking nut and humbuckers so I said what the heck pulled it down off the rack and fell in love with it. that was $200 and played better than a $2000 gibson or fender. I did afterwards added an EMG 81 and routed out the wood under the whammy so it would float. still have it and still play it and has never needed a neck adjustment. then 2 years ago I got my 2nd and 3rd fernandes and found out that my first one was not a "fluke" they are great guitars. this month I will most likely pick up the elite limited shown above.

If there is a diamond in the the ruff you have found , share it with us too.
Posted by: Christophersad

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 06/09/13 06:27 AM

1.whats your name? Christian
2.where do you live? Tuscany Italy

3.what kinda music you into, and or play? Classic rock,rock,hard rock,metal

4.You in a band or just jamming with friends?Jam with friends and my fellow pc
5.Whats your most wanted gear [that you don't have yet]?a pair of good hands :P and maybe an fcb1010+a good frfr sistem

6 What is your oldest piece of gear? Vox ac 50 jmi 1963 head
7.What is your most used or favorite guitar you have? my cheap but ultragoodsounding Fenix sm40

8.Recording gear and or software? 11r a pc,a mac mini and a couple of akg k67
9.Other gear worth a mention? an old kaway guitar transformed in a beast,a mesa v twin preamp and 2 fenix ml40

10.the day you got it home what was your first impression of the 11 rack and what do you think now? 1st contact i tought"mhh it sound digital" then i discovered singtall superpack and this site wink
11.Whats the best way to get in contact with you? private message and mail

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 06/09/13 06:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Christophersad
Fenix sm40

I've never heard of that co. I never heard of Fernandes when I bought my first one back in '92... I did find some pix online and they look like good quality.... would really like to see some pictures of your gear....

I am half Italian my last name is Lepore.

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 06/10/13 04:17 PM

fenix by young chan were produced by young chan co wich used to do squier and strat for fender back in the 80s,then he decided to produce copys of fender and gibson aswell as a couple of "new"models,those are well built guitars and sound grat 4 the price,i also own a fender stratocaster and gotta say the fenix is better -.-
we have a fb group of fenix owner in wich we talk a lot about our guitars,join if u wish smile.
i dunno how to add pics,if u tell me i add a couple
Posted by: zepplin490

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 06/10/13 04:52 PM

Well all im a musician I write alot of songs and use a fairly primitive Tascam recorder to get my ideas down and then bring them to the band, I am the primary songwriter as far as the actual music goes. I recently picked up a used Eleven Rack that came with a 6 space rack and included a furman power conditioner all for $400 bucks, couldnt resist that deal. Anyways ive been a tube snob for the last 4 or 5 years and really dont like digital amp modeling at all (Until the 11R) I have run and am still running a collection of randall MTS tube amps, Ive got a 100 Watt 3 chanel head, a 4 Channel Preamp, a 50 watt MTS combo and a 50 watt Mts Head.. These amps are revolutionary as they have completely modular preamp sections and have removable and swappable Pre amp modules that are available now and they can be modified by a professional to sound like any amp you could come up with vintage or modern, There are 2 businesses that are totally devoted to just doing mts mods jaded faith mods and salvation mods, the best part is you can have the tone and feel of a 3-4000$ amp in a modular form that costs 2-300$.. anyways thats my love for the randalls! I also have, love and cherish a Marshall TSL 100 3 Channel head and it just slays best marshall ive ever played! Back to the 11R now, this piece of gear has totally blown me away with its amazing tube like tones and it has the feel of a tube amp too which sets it apart from other modeling devices. I love the huge array of options when programming a patch and although i am relatively new at the process ive been able to make 3 banks of patches One for Metal, One for Rock and One for Blues.. I have given up on protools and plan on buying a self contained 8 or 16 track recorder. The 11R is currently sitting atop a Peavey Classic 50/50 power amp and is amazing though my randall warhead cab which is a bit over sized and loaded with Vintage 30's. The amp tones that I really love on the 11r are the vintage blues tones, any ole amp can do high gain metal but it takes a special amp to do that edge of breakup sweet sound... now I love the metal, rock and hard rock tones on there too.. anyways that me!
-matt page-
Posted by: crankyrayhanky

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 06/10/13 05:19 PM

Hey zepp, welcome aboard! Did your 11R come with PT? If so, don't give up on it, plenty of people can help walk you through it. Also make sure to try the 4cm with your mts heads, this 11R sounds AWESOME in that role, the tape delay is so much fun, the para eq sounds phenomenal! With 4cm, you can keep your mts tone and add 11R fx or switch to 11R amps too...makes your head spin with all the tones you will have at your fingertips
Posted by: Robert

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 06/11/13 09:17 AM

1.whats your name? Robert
2.where do you live? Raleigh, North Carolina

3.what kinda music you into, and or play? metal, rock, blues

4.You in a band or just jamming with friends? In a band.

5.Whats your most wanted gear [that you don't have yet]? For recording a nice usb control interface, for guitar I'm always looking for the next pedal to add to the collection.

6 What is your oldest piece of gear? '79 Gibson Flying V, Silverburst.

7.What is your most used or favorite guitar you have? ESP-LTD EC-1000

8.Recording gear and or software? Line 6 Toneport UX-1 and UX-8

9.Other gear worth a mention? For live playing I use JCM-2000 TSL with a 4x12 Marshall [censored], sometimes I run a TC-Electronics G-Major in the effects loops other times I run a bunch of pedals. Seems to flip-flop every 6-8 months.

10.the day you got it home what was your first impression of the 11 rack and what do you think now? I'll tell you tomorrow when it arrives.

11.Whats the best way to get in contact with you? rpattie1115@gmail.com
Posted by: Robert

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 06/11/13 12:12 PM

Anyone know why "[censored]" or the thing you call the box that holds one or more speakers was censored on my previous post? (and as the preview shows, will be censored on this post also.)
Posted by: aussiebail

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 06/11/13 12:32 PM

No but I find it interesting and was trying to figure out what you said! ;-)

Let me try cab, [censored]. I don't think I've seen that before, and if I had I just thought someone was getting excited haha.

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 06/11/13 12:34 PM

ahh so it was cab I net....its a conspiracy for sure man...we'll send it on to the grape vine and have them work the back channels until we get an answer on this one!

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 06/11/13 12:50 PM

it's the spammer block on that guy that keeps posting about the [censored] wow that word to kit chen........... I glad there is something beeing done about that.... guess they will block shoes as well lol
Posted by: X-Mann

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 06/11/13 01:47 PM

That [censored] [censored] guy can suck my big fat [censored]!!!!! smirk

In fact, I [censored] hate these [censored] spammers SO much that I might even make a [censored] song about it!!!!!! grin laugh

[censored]!!!!!! grin

Sorry all & please return to your regular scheduled [censored] thread talk! smirk whistle

I've been reading a lot of [censored] books on CD & they are all read by Joe [censored] Pesci!!!!!
Posted by: Str@man

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 06/11/13 01:50 PM

hmmm, this is the first time I have seen this too - I was also trying to figure out just what the heck does he mean by "censored", lol.

I'm GLAD Justin is trying to stop these idiots that keep spamming us; I'm sure we can work around it some way.

Are you guys putting in a guitar cab name and that is what is being deleted?

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 06/11/13 01:52 PM

[censored] = K i t c h e n grin

or K i t c h e n = [censored] crazy

You can actually spell Fuck with out a problem here....but if you tried to say "I hate those fucking [censored] spammer guys" it would look like...well.....that! wink

I'm not sure why I find this SO darn funny....but I do!!!!! grin laugh crazy shocked

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 06/11/13 01:55 PM

Ahhhh, ok, thanks man smile

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 06/11/13 02:16 PM

Originally Posted By: X-Mann
That [censored] [censored] guy can suck my big fat [censored]!!!!! smirk

In fact, I [censored] hate these [censored] spammers SO much that I might even make a [censored] song about it!!!!!! grin laugh

[censored]!!!!!! grin

Sorry all & please return to your regular scheduled [censored] thread talk! smirk whistle

I've been reading a lot of [censored] books on CD & they are all read by Joe [censored] Pesci!!!!!

Yea it's pretty [censored] great!

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 06/11/13 02:18 PM

so here we cant cook or hear music from a 4x12?

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 06/11/13 02:19 PM

so here we cant cook or hear music from a 4x12?

crazy crazy crazy laugh
Posted by: Rushian

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 06/11/13 03:49 PM

I[CENSORED]
Posted by: ESD

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 06/12/13 02:02 PM

1.whats your name? Jeff

2.where do you live? Tennessee

3.what kinda music you into, and or play? Mostly hard rock and metal. I occasionally dive into ambient or acoustic stuff to keep in touch with my inner Floyd!

4.You in a band or just jamming with friends? Mostly just jam by myself or with a couple of friends.

5.Whats your most wanted gear? Not sure, If there are bigger and better toys out there I just haven't run into them yet.

6 What is your oldest piece of gear? I guess it would have to be a my Fender Ultra Chorus or an old 70's Conrad hollow body bass my Uncle gave me.

7.What is your most used or favorite guitar you have? I bounce back and forth between two different Peavey Wolfgangs. One is a Standard stop tail with Power Slinkys and the other is a Special with Super Slinkys.

8.Recording gear and or software? Roland 2480 console and a dusty Korg D1600 if I had to.

9.Other gear worth a mention? Line6 Vetta 2, Line6 Spider 3, Fender Ultra Chorus, Fender Hot Rod limited edition, Crate 4x12 with SPA 200 head, Digitech 2112, and the newly added Eleven Rack.

10.the day you got it home what was your first impression of the 11 rack and what do you think now? This is day one and if I don't get some help with 11 hack, I'm probably going to put it up on Ebay. I've not found one patch that I would record with.(aside from a couple of clean channels) I'm hoping to get some advice from the nice folks around here because I've seen a hundred videos on Youtube where this unit sounds absolutely amazing...just not the one I have!!

11.Whats the best way to get in contact with you? Probably my email or a PM on here.

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 06/12/13 04:29 PM

ESD 3 words: Singtall Super Pac grin cool
Posted by: singtall

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 06/12/13 05:55 PM

https://sites.google.com/site/singtallelevenracksuperpack/home/free-samples

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 06/12/13 07:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Rushian

DIDO!!!

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 06/12/13 07:44 PM

Originally Posted By: jaminjimlp

DIDO!!!

"my boy blue" and "Randy Roads II" and "Frank Marino" are some of my favs............ Thanks Singtall!!!
Posted by: ESD

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 06/12/13 08:53 PM

Thanks guys! I did a bunch of reading all day today and I knew of these files but could not get my 11R to talk to 11H...anyway all seems to up and running now so thanks singtall and everyone else for completely changing the way this rig sounds...so much better!!! I can't wait to try some of this stuff out, take care.

Jeff

p.s. Thanks Bserk (hope that's correct) Love the program!!

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 07/06/13 10:52 PM

Just thought I would bump this back up to see if there are any new guys here or old guys here that would like to share with us.
Posted by: flynv

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 07/07/13 06:27 AM

DIDO!!!

"my boy blue" and "Randy Roads II" and "Frank Marino" are some of my favs............ Thanks Singtall!!!

YES, Frank Marino!!!!!!!!
Posted by: AlexDinn

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 07/08/13 02:08 PM

Hi!
1.whats your name? Alex Dinn
2.where do you live? France

3.what kinda music you into, and or play? Metal, ans some blues and rock
4.You in a band or just jamming with friends? I've a brand new rock band

5.Whats your most wanted gear [that you don't have yet]? a lot of things if I had the money : )

6 What is your oldest piece of gear? A hugues and kettner attax 80, my first amp!

7.What is your most used or favorite guitar you have? A fender Strat classic floyd rose and a Ibanez Universe

8.Recording gear and or software? my new 11r in pro tools (but I don't record anything that way yet

10.the day you got it home what was your first impression of the 11 rack and what do you think now? Sounds really better than my old digitech rp2000, but much complicated!

11.Whats the best way to get in contact with you? My youtube channel Alex Dinn

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 07/11/13 06:34 PM

Thanks bro!!! hope you enjoy it here, don't hesitate to ask for assistance theres allot of knowledge here. we would love to see pix of that amp!!!

Originally Posted By: AlexDinn
Hi!
1.whats your name? Alex Dinn
2.where do you live? France

3.what kinda music you into, and or play? Metal, ans some blues and rock
4.You in a band or just jamming with friends? I've a brand new rock band

5.Whats your most wanted gear [that you don't have yet]? a lot of things if I had the money : )

6 What is your oldest piece of gear? A hugues and kettner attax 80, my first amp!

7.What is your most used or favorite guitar you have? A fender Strat classic floyd rose and a Ibanez Universe

8.Recording gear and or software? my new 11r in pro tools (but I don't record anything that way yet

10.the day you got it home what was your first impression of the 11 rack and what do you think now? Sounds really better than my old digitech rp2000, but much complicated!

11.Whats the best way to get in contact with you? My youtube channel Alex Dinn
Posted by: plushsafehethink

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 07/13/13 01:03 PM

Hi all, just got a used Eleven Rack and joined up here.

1.whats your name? Justin Sant

2.where do you live? NYC

3.what kinda music you into, and or play? Rockabilly, Metal, Swing, Surf

4.You in a band or just jamming with friends? Both

5.Whats your most wanted gear [that you don't have yet]? a Gretsch White Falcon

6 What is your oldest piece of gear? A FoxRox Captain Coconut 2

7.What is your most used or favorite guitar you have? A heavily modded Gretsch Hot Rod

8.Recording gear and or software?Logic Pro

10.the day you got it home what was your first impression of the 11 rack and what do you think now? Totally blown away. I've been a tube/analog guy forever and was completely taken aback by how great this thing sounds, especially as I picked it up for about $300

11.Whats the best way to get in contact with you? My youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/JustinSantMusic/videos

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 07/16/13 12:21 AM

just watched your George benson lead... spectacular!!! thanks for sharing with us. if you haven't got it yet don't hesitate in getting the "singtall superpack" it has much better tones than the factory ones.
Posted by: 55blackfalcon

New User Here! - 07/16/13 11:29 AM

1.whats your name?
CJ Larson

2.where do you live?
Spokane, Washington

3.what kinda music you into, and or play?
From Hank Williams to Iggy Pop & More

4.You in a band or just jamming with friends?
I'm a singer songwriter recordist & producer, I am currently doing a solo act, Duo with my sister & Trio with my best friends

A mic locker full of Telefunkens & Nuemanns & a rack of vintage tube pre's

6 What is your oldest piece of gear?
1941 Kay archtop
1955 Gretsch Black Falcon
1966 Princeton Reverb

7.What is your most used or favorite guitar you have?
Mae ... my Black Falcon

8.Recording gear and or software?
Mac Pro
PT10
UA Apollo Quad
MikTek C7
UA LA-610

9.Other gear worth a mention?
Strats, Teles, Martins,
55 Tweed Deluxe
Storage unit full of 30 years of gear i just had to have :-)

10.the day you got it home what was your first impression of the 11 rack and what do you think now?
Loved it then hated it and loving it again ... great for quik sketches when writing and loving it for my solo & duo

11.Whats the best way to get in contact with you?
This site

this is a great place to learn & share im excited to be here
Thanks!
CJ

Re: New User Here! - 07/16/13 11:00 PM

Wow sounds like some great gear ....... wish we could see some pix of them. if you get a chance.

Originally Posted By: 55blackfalcon
1.whats your name?
CJ Larson

2.where do you live?
Spokane, Washington

From Hank Williams to Iggy Pop & More

I'm a singer songwriter recordist & producer, I am currently doing a solo act, Duo with my sister & Trio with my best friends

A mic locker full of Telefunkens & Nuemanns & a rack of vintage tube pre's

1941 Kay archtop
1955 Gretsch Black Falcon
1966 Princeton Reverb

Mae ... my Black Falcon

Mac Pro
PT10
UA Apollo Quad
MikTek C7
UA LA-610

Strats, Teles, Martins,
55 Tweed Deluxe
Storage unit full of 30 years of gear i just had to have :-)

Loved it then hated it and loving it again ... great for quik sketches when writing and loving it for my solo & duo

This site

this is a great place to learn & share im excited to be here
Thanks!
CJ
Posted by: scottmccray

Re: New User Here! - 07/19/13 09:12 PM

1.whats your name? - Scott McCray

2.where do you live? - I live in Charlotte, NC; work in Sylva, NC so I stay there two weeks at a time and I have a homestead in Virginia (moving there as soon as logistics allow).

3.what kinda music you into, and or play? - Yes. (bluegrass to metal, country to pop, classic rock to blues)

4.You in a band or just jamming with friends? - mainly just recording and noodling around - jams with family and friends, no band for many years.

5.Whats your most wanted gear [that you don't have yet]? - a dedicated studio / jam room (planned for the new house).

6 What is your oldest piece of gear? 1972 D-28

7.What is your most used or favorite guitar you have? - home-built Tele (all of 'em, really)

8.Recording gear and or software? Dell XPS, Reaper, PT 10/11, Komplete Audio 6, multitude of plugins, MXL mics

9.Other gear worth a mention? All of Dad's luthier tools, plus mine...CNC router on the horizon...

10.the day you got it home what was your first impression of the 11 rack and what do you think now? Dayummmmmm. Double Dayummmmm.

11.Whats the best way to get in contact with you? Site pm/email

Great community her - thanks for havin' me!

Scott

Re: New User Here! - 07/20/13 09:10 PM

Great to hear from you Scott and Welcome. I just did an a/c job last month in SC near Charlotte across from "Carowinds".... How do you like those MXL mikes? that I think is the next thing on my gear list, just don't know what brand I need or want, maybe my next thread....

Originally Posted By: scottmccray
1.whats your name? - Scott McCray

2.where do you live? - I live in Charlotte, NC; work in Sylva, NC so I stay there two weeks at a time and I have a homestead in Virginia (moving there as soon as logistics allow).

3.what kinda music you into, and or play? - Yes. (bluegrass to metal, country to pop, classic rock to blues)

4.You in a band or just jamming with friends? - mainly just recording and noodling around - jams with family and friends, no band for many years.

5.Whats your most wanted gear [that you don't have yet]? - a dedicated studio / jam room (planned for the new house).

6 What is your oldest piece of gear? 1972 D-28

7.What is your most used or favorite guitar you have? - home-built Tele (all of 'em, really)

8.Recording gear and or software? Dell XPS, Reaper, PT 10/11, Komplete Audio 6, multitude of plugins, MXL mics

9.Other gear worth a mention? All of Dad's luthier tools, plus mine...CNC router on the horizon...

10.the day you got it home what was your first impression of the 11 rack and what do you think now? Dayummmmmm. Double Dayummmmm.

11.Whats the best way to get in contact with you? Site pm/email

Great community her - thanks for havin' me!

Scott

Re: New User Here! - 07/20/13 09:19 PM

The MXLs are pretty doggone good - are they Neumanns? Nope - but for the price difference I can grab a bunch more gear!
http://www.amazon.com/MXL-990-Condenser-...eywords=mxl+990

That's the one I haves - make my Blueridge sound goooood. Makes my voice sound passable - but that's not the mike's fault! grin

What part of the Peach State are you from?

Re: New User Here! - 07/20/13 09:23 PM

Near ATL just south of the speed way...........

hay thats a great price for that mike!!!!

Re: New User Here! - 07/20/13 09:26 PM

Yup - if you decide to pull the trigger on one, let me know...I have an affiliate account where I can get a wee kickback from Amazon. (Someone will get it, might as well be me! Moar gear!)

Re: New User Here! - 07/20/13 09:27 PM

I have coworkers that hail from the north part of the state - ever hear of Young Harris?

Re: New User Here! - 07/20/13 09:37 PM

yes, it is somewhere on the boarder in the mountains [3hr dive for me]

Re: New User Here! - 07/20/13 09:40 PM

Yep, that's it...good deer huntin' round there

Re: New User Here! - 07/20/13 09:45 PM

Every time I think of Zappa I remember "zombie wolf" and the cranking leads on that album.... confused shocked ewww did I say "album", boy that really shows my age.. smirk .LOL!!!

OH! that's "vinyl" to you kids.... grin

Re: New User Here! - 07/20/13 09:48 PM

Dat's OK - CD's are still albums to me, too - lol.
Posted by: carrie32

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 07/21/13 10:52 AM

My name is Carrie and I am new to this board this is my first post to this board and I want to make some interesting discussions for this . I hope that it would be really good for me to be on this board and I can enhance my knowledge. Thank you and regards.

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 07/21/13 10:49 PM

please tell us more about yourself.... and WELCOME to the forum!!!

Originally Posted By: carrie32
My name is Carrie and I am new to this board this is my first post to this board and I want to make some interesting discussions for this . I hope that it would be really good for me to be on this board and I can enhance my knowledge. Thank you and regards.
Posted by: 68injunhed

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 07/30/13 03:40 PM

1.whats your name? Jeff

2.where do you live? Kansas

3.what kinda music you into, and or play? rock, metal are my first loves, although my regular gig now is playing Worship music.

4.You in a band or just jamming with friends? Just playing at church for the time being, although I have been thinking about starting another band. The last band I was in was before my youngest was born, and he's 15, so it's been a while...

5.Whats your most wanted gear [that you don't have yet]? USA Kramer, like I had back in the day.

6. My oldest gear is pretty much N/A at this point. I just started playing again a few months ago, and hadn't had anything for years. I just kind of stopped playing when I left the last band I was in, and was of the mind that if I can't still go all out, I would just stop. Crazy talk, right?

7. My favorite gear right now is my LTD MH350NT. It is my first through-and-through, and is my main squeeze right now. I have a new Jackson X-Series Soloist with a Floyd, but it needs a fret level before it's going to get alot of love.

Recording wise, I'm just getting started, so little to nothing. Once I get my Eleven Rack in my hot little hands,I guess I'll be using ProTools 10.

Currently I'm jamming through a Zoom G3X, but my "in the room" rig will soon consist of the 11r, a Behringer MIDI pedalboard with the 11PROM, and an Alto TS112a, which will eventually be joined by another for stereo goodness. I bought a Bugera 333xl and a 2x12 cab as well, but even though it sounded pretty good, it was beyond noisy, and the Infinium thing started acting up the first night. It has since been returned to MF(shipped yesterday), and as soon as I get credit for it, the 11r will be on the way.

All those years ago, modeling was unheard of, and the only experience I've had with it in the last few years was the POD stuff, which was rather sterile sounding to me. I have always been a tube head/4x12 kind of guy, but after hearing a bunch of clips and watching countless YouTube vids, I am taking the leap. Looking forward to learning the ins and outs of the 11r from you guys here.

Jeff
Posted by: clint

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 07/30/13 04:19 PM

1.whats your name? clint

2.where do you live? new mexico mountains

3.what kinda music you into, and or play? 80's rock, blues rock

4.You in a band or just jamming with friends? spent 40+ years in a rock band. we disbanded when our bass player died a few years ago. i have a weekly solo gig using backing trax. i play all leads, most rhythm and sing lead vocals live. i have spent several years recording/tweaking my trax getting them just right for a solo player/singer.

5.Whats your most wanted gear [that you don't have yet]? nothing. i have owned every desirable guitar/amp/fx/modeler in existance several times over. i dont even look at music catalogues any more. i am 100% happy with my current rig.

6. My oldest gear is a 1959 gibson les paul and a '68 jmp 50 watt marshall. I started playing in 1965 and only stopped for a couple of months when my best friend (the bass player) died a few years ago.
7. My favorite gear right now is my 11r through my pa and my re-issue epiphone genesis deluxe pro. the genie with probuckers easily cops slash, gary moore, page, etc. i sometimes grab my 1985 jackson soloist or one of my strats. depends on the setlist for the night.
Recording wise, I only record and tweak my trax for live performance.

Currently I'm jamming through my performance rig, 11r into my pa and one of my guitars. i seldom ever plug in my marshalls anymore. the 11r does everything they do with zero maintenance smile

clint
Posted by: mikeB

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 07/30/13 05:00 PM

1.whats your name? - Mike

2.where do you live? -Suburb of Boston

3.what kinda music you into, and or play? - Blues, Funk, Blues with a tiny bit of jazz style, instrumental rock. Lately I've been listening to the Warren Haynes solo album, over and over and over. It's that good.

4.You in a band or just jamming with friends? -Just doing the home project studio thing. Trying to get enough songs together for an instrumental album. Presently I have a lot of two part songs... (I'm horrible writing bridges for some reason.) I play live when I get a chance to sit in with bands that need help. Very infrequently.

5.Whats your most wanted gear [that you don't have yet]? -An entire rack full of Scholz Rockman gear. Just like when I saw them live in '87.

6 What is your oldest piece of gear? I sell gear to buy new gear, so I don't have anything of age. I do have a Sears silvertone amp somewhere out there. I lent it to someone who lent it to someone else... haven't seen it in years. I think I'm gonna try and track it down. I got it at a garage sale in '86, it was old then. Great warm tube sound.

7.What is your most used or favorite guitar you have? - My new Wolfgang special & Ibanez AF155 Archtop. Very different guitars, but both equally inspiring.

8.Recording gear and or software? 11 & ProTools. SM'57.

9.Other gear worth a mention? I recently got a 5150iii 100 watt head & 2x12 [censored]. Totally and completely over the top for my needs. I have very little opportunity to actually play it. Now that I can I afford one, I just had to get it.

10.the day you got it home what was your first impression of the 11 rack and what do you think now? Honestly, I didn't (and still don't) like the installed presets (and that includes the Sweetwater presets). HOWEVER, when I started with a blank slate and started simple with amps, cabs & mics, that's when the magic happened. Avoiding the tendency to go overboard with effects is important. My original plan was to build my album in proTools with the eleven & a clean track. Then re-amp with my SM 57 mic'ing my 5150III cab, which sounds great, but seriously, lately when I start playing through the Eleven, I ask myself "is it even really necessary to re-amp? To my ears, the Eleven is killing it. I'm very happy.

11.Whats the best way to get in contact with you? Site pm
Posted by: GLiDE-BPM

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 07/31/13 10:13 PM

1.whats your name? Will "GLiDE" Mims (and GLiDE has NOTHING to do with my guitar playing. LoL!!!)

2.where do you live? Charleston, SC

3.what kinda music you into, and or play? Classic rock, blues, metal, country, occasional jazz. Oh yeah, do the same stuff on a worship team a lot, too. grin

4.You in a band or just jamming with friends? In one band, Big Phat Mojo.

5.Whats your most wanted gear [that you don't have yet]? Oh heck, why not go ahead and be a cheese head and say Axe FX II and that fancy pants Marshall 4 channel amp with the MIDI switching and programmable footwitch.

6 What is your oldest piece of gear? Plush G3000 160watt tube head from early 70's. It's modded with a custom tube driven effects loop. You should hear this thing with a digital pedal/rack modeler. It LOVES all pedals from digital to analog. I plug the HD500, Eleven Rack, Vox Tonelab SE into the FX return (I put a send and a return level on the loop so I can control master volume on the modelers through the return).

7.What is your most used or favorite guitar you have? PRS Custom 24 with custom wound Zhangbucker pickups with the "splat" coil tap option.

8.Recording gear and or software? Presonus Firestudio 24x24, Studio One 2, Mackie 2404-VLZ3, a super mack daddy home built recording PC

9.Other gear worth a mention? POD HD500, custom built 50watt tube head from my old band buddy, Ricky Kellems. I can tweak around with a tube amp, Ricky is a freaking GENIOUS with them.
He has built several point to point amps for me over the years, both single and multi-channel.

10.the day you got it home what was your first impression of the 11 rack and what do you think now? It's ridiculously easy to program off the front panel! I think it has a nice tone, particularly into the FX return/power amp input of my tube amps.

11.Whats the best way to get in contact with you? glide-at-homesc-dot-com

Posted by: David(THEVIKING)

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 08/01/13 12:11 AM

Hello my Name is David, I just got the eleven rack and I am not quite sure how to use this. I am not a newbie to rack gear preamp/processors.... So I connected mine as follows. Guitar> 11Rack> poweramp> speaker 4x12.... Very basic. Now with that said... I am not sure how to achieve the best sound out of this... I am looking for a stage gigging rig. So 11Rack power amp and speaker cab is my way of keeping it simple. I have reviewed much of the sounds on here and videos. Even the 11racks own how to run live with 11rack to power amp to [censored]. but that video I have no clue what guitar or pickups or strings or power amp or speakers the guy was using. But I play in my own band. Writing originals... So I am not tech or computer savy with computers... That means downloading the preset user created ones you and many players have made.... I cannot download them. I was wondering if there is a way to make the files text form for my to just print up and copy.? or am I SOL and just have to mess with it myself? I really would like a lot of those sounds.... I am usually a old Marshall 2205 head and 50watt celestions in a marshall 1970s 4x12 kinda guy!!! Any help would be greatly appreciated... I could use the help! Thank you for reading and AWESOME SITE! Glad to be part of the group!! :P
Posted by: Wannabe

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 08/01/13 07:33 PM

Clint, it is so great to hear! I am the same way. Everyone is looking for the next thing to help them out, but my sound right now is what I want. That is just so cool to hear.

David, the only way to get plug and play sounds is to do the singtall superpack. There are a dozen or so sounds that can go straight to the show. Or take a few of them into your computer and tweak them a little here or there. Then, after some tweaking, you will get the hang of the intricacies of the unit by that time to get your own sounds up and running. But grab the pack, and if you need some coin, let me know. It really is THE starting point for this machine.
Posted by: singtall

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 08/01/13 08:37 PM

https://sites.google.com/site/singtallelevenracksuperpack/home/free-samples

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 08/01/13 10:09 PM

I do not have paypal... I do not even know what a superpack is lol... But if you can help me I sure could use the help... Thank you for replying too. :P

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 08/01/13 10:44 PM

Originally Posted By: GLiDE-BPM

5.Whats your most wanted gear [that you don't have yet]? Oh heck, why not go ahead and be a cheese head and say Axe FX II and that fancy pants Marshall 4 channel amp with the MIDI switching and programmable footwitch.

6 What is your oldest piece of gear? Plush G3000 160watt tube head from early 70's. It's modded with a custom tube driven effects loop. You should hear this thing with a digital pedal/rack modeler. It LOVES all pedals from digital to analog. I plug the HD500, Eleven Rack, Vox Tonelab SE into the FX return (I put a send and a return level on the loop so I can control master volume on the modelers through the return)

LOL!!! just about fell out of my chair on that one....

would love to see a pick and hear a clip of that amp....

"david" if you don't have pro tools then you need 11hack, I never have needed to use 11hack but lots of guys here would shurly walk you through it.... with pt you just click on the name of the preset in the 11 rack gui and pick the option "load from computer " and you will see and hear the difference, you save it in much the same way
Posted by: Kimball

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 08/02/13 03:23 AM

Hi Guys , name is Kimball from Australia. Just signed up and thought I'd say hello and hope your all well

Thanks
Kimball
Posted by: Kimball

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 08/02/13 03:37 AM

Hi to Everyone I've been reading a few messages on forums. I'm interested in an Eleven rack .

I have a couple of questions if you guys would be kind enough to help.

Ok I have pro tools 11 is the situation with the GUI in pro tools 11 not working
Rectified as of yet . I was also a little concerned to read that avid may not be supporting eleven rack. I hear there's some great sounds and the new expansion
Has helped.

Thanks and best wishes
Kimball

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 08/02/13 11:40 PM

Dude you can't go wrong even if they never do one more thing with the 11r... sure the gui thing will be fixed eventually I don't know much about it cause I use pt10, no worries though there is always 11hack that will load presets without pt gui... but you "must have" the singtall super-pack to actually hear what this baby can do!!! if you had of known you could have got pt11 with the 11r at around the same price as without it. That's how I found out about the 11r, when I was looking to buy pt10 and had never seen it before that. so it was a no brainer for me!!!
Posted by: Geiri

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 08/03/13 01:00 AM

1.What's your name ? Geiri

2.where do you live? Iceland

3.what kinda music you into, and or play? Classic rock, blues, metal

4.You in a band or just jamming with friends? Mostly a beddroom player these days.

5.Whats your most wanted gear [that you don't have yet]? An Ibanez j custom.

6 What is your oldest piece of gear? A korg tuner cirka 2005 model smile

7.What is your most used or favorite guitar you have? My current Ibanez rg927 premium.

8.Recording gear and or software? Presonus Studio One 2

9.Other gear worth a mention? Zoom ms50g

For the first few minutes while going through the presets I hated it and regretted getting it in the first place. Then I stopped this lazyness and started tweaking and fell in love. The reason I don't have ax/fx is that to many options force me to tweak whereas the eleven rack inspires me to play.

11.Whats the best way to get in contact with you? geiriblondal@gmail.com
Posted by: Lou

Re: New User Here! - 08/04/13 02:16 PM

Hi I'm new to this site and forums
1.whats your name? Lou La Valle

2.where do you live? Towanda Pa U.S.A.

3.what kinda music you into, and or play? Classic Rock, Modern Rock, Blues, some metal, punk etc.

4.You in a band or just jamming with friends? Just stared to learn guitar about 6 months ago. Jamming with some friends and looking to star a band.

5.Whats your most wanted gear [that you don't have yet]? 11R

6 What is your oldest piece of gear? A 1995 Fender Blues DeVille
2X12 tweed.

7.What is your most used or favorite guitar you have? 1999 Guild Bluesbird. I also have a 2006 Ibanez AS73.

8.Recording gear and or software? Noon at this time.

10.The day you got it home what was your first impression of the 11 rack and what do you think now? Do not have one yet but I have used one and it sounded great.

11.Whats the best way to get in contact with you? Site email.

Hope I did this right?

Re: New User Here! - 08/04/13 08:35 PM

You did great.... Hope you can get an 11r sooner rather than later...

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 08/04/13 09:02 PM

1.whats your name? David
2.where do you live? Wisconsin
3.what kinda music you into, and or play? blues, rock, acoustic, contemporary...funk, Hard rock!

4.You in a band or just jamming with friends? I am in the band Satyer

5.Whats your most wanted gear [that you don't have yet?] Gibson Lespaul 1960 Reissue, and JCM800 2205 head with1970s Marshall 4x12 cab loaded with 50watt celestions!!

10.the day you got it home what was your first impression of the 11 rack and what do you think now? I loved it right outta the box... The more I play with it and tweak or experiment... the better it gets! Would buy a second one.....

11.Whats the best way to get in contact with you? Hell you can contact me via email... > awesomesmartguy@yahoo.com
Posted by: Farm0

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 08/04/13 10:01 PM

1.What's your name ? Jesse

2.where do you live? Colorado Springs, CO

3.what kinda music you into, and or play? Classic rock, blues, metal, jazz, ambient, edm.

4.You in a band or just jamming with friends? 2 bands highway & determyned. Check out the new album at Determyned , guitars done with 11r, l6 spider IV, & N.I.'s GR5.

5.Whats your most wanted gear [that you don't have yet]? A moog custom hollowbody.

6 What is your oldest piece of gear? 1955 RCA DX-77 ribbon mic.

7.What is your most used or favorite guitar you have? My only electric is a mid 90s mexi strat.

8.Recording gear and or software? UA Apollo, Mackie Onyx 800r, presonus firepod. Pro tools.

9.Other gear worth a mention? Rivera Hammer 320 & my home brew 4x8+12 cabs

It took me a while to learn how to run the menu for all editing, but I finally got there. It's quite important to keep an eye on the meters when dialing in a tone, as it's easy to under or overshoot the sweet spot. I dig the unit but I would get an axe2(after the moog guitar) if I had the coin, if only to simplify my setup:

11.Whats the best way to get in contact with you? PM me.

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 10/09/13 11:02 PM

Hello newbies, just figured it was time to bump this back to the front since I see so many new folks.

I don't know about you but I love talking about what I got and I love to see what you got, gear wise that is....

Please try to post some pictures of your stuff one easy way to get pictures up on here is if you have a Facebook account you can post or upload the picture and then copy the URL of the picture and put it into your forum reply.....

Really like to see pictures of old rare gear and guitar so whatever you have please share it with us!!!
Posted by: CMattE

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 10/10/13 09:45 AM

1.whats your name? Matt

2.where do you live? Ardmore, OK

3.what kinda music you into, and or play? All kind of Rock, some country, and blues.

4.You in a band or just jamming with friends? Play at church mostly these days. Do some solo acoustic stuff on occasion, and have a few people I've been known to play some random gigs with. Nothing official at the moment though.

5.Whats your most wanted gear [that you don't have yet]? Metric Halo ULN-8, Focusrite Control 2802, Godin Belmont Bigsby.

6 What is your oldest piece of gear? Not sure. I'll get back to you on that.

7.What is your most used or favorite guitar you have? Probably my Godin NAMM Edition LG-SP90. It's got a flamed maple top and a pair of SD P90's that just sound killer.

8.Recording gear and or software? Metric Halo 2882 2D +DSP, 11R, Mac Pro, lots of mics and plugs.

9.Other gear worth a mention? I still have my old Johnson JM250H with matching 412 cab. Works and actually sounds pretty good. I've sold most of my amps at the moment, but do still have a Soldano 412 w/V30's and a Marshall 2061cx 212 w/G12H30's. Both sound killer and doubt I ever sell them. Will probably buy a Egnater Tweaker sometime to get an amp back in my life. That or a Mesa Stiletto Ace Head. Hated selling that amp. It was awesome!!

10. The day you got it home what was your first impression of the 11 rack and what do you think now? Plugged in my guitar and turned to the Bogner Big Blue Setting. Tweaked just a bit and knew this thing is a solid piece of equipment. I've only had it a few days and maybe spent 2 hours with it. I'm sure I'll still be rocking it many years from now.

11.Whats the best way to get in contact with you? PM me.

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 10/10/13 06:40 PM

bro please post some pix of that guitar..... sounds awesome

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 10/11/13 08:23 PM

Just wanted to add. I had a fcb1010 I bought years ago to use with a g-major rig I had. Almost forgot I had it until I got my eleven rack. Also read about the eureka prom. It arrived today so I plugged in the prom and a midi cable. Awesome!!! So much easier than what I went through to get it working with the g-major. Plug and play.

However I guess I may need to tweak my photo sensor on the first expression pedal. When I turn the wah on it jumps from 0 to 5 and then goes smoothly to 10. Aside from that little niggle all is well. Dug out some old tunes I recorded a while ago and recorded a few new passes. Some very slight EQ and was good to go. Just need more time to play it more and dig deeper into it's capabilities.

And yes pics will be up soon. It totally slipped my mind. With the air IEP being released and slate dropping vbc in AAX. It's been a busy week. smile

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 10/13/13 10:05 PM

Sweet guitar!!! Hey, did you calibrate the expression peddle? There is a video on the eureka prom web site on how to do it.

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 10/16/13 06:59 PM

I did get it calibrated. Finally. I must have tried to do it 20 times and was still having issues. I even took the pedal board apart and aligned the led and sensor. Which were off. Long story short I wasn't calibrating it properly. I was going heel down to toe down and then hitting the up button twice. I rewatched the video and had a "duh" moment.

Anywho since then I've dialed in a nice plexi tone, an ac30 tone and a fender clean. That to go along with my bogner blue channel. Still only got to play with it in 30 minute or so spurts. Hopefully I'll have some time this weekend to really dial it in.

I've also downloaded elevenhack and got it working. Very cool little app. And thanks to an email I have some new presets to play with. And then I'll dive into the wealth of presets on here. So far the weaknesses I'm finding are the wah and the reverbs. Which while the reverbs sound good they are kind of limited IMO. However I've got a digitech pedal with lexicon verbs that I was using in my previous rig. Gonna give that a shot in the loop and see what happens.

Oh and did I mention I ordered a gator rack bag? 4u. So I'll have space for a power conditioner and a wireless unit. Or an fx box. We'll see. Anyways I've been doing some searching the forums. Lots of good info here. Thanks to all that have contributed.
Posted by: cshep

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 10/17/13 07:36 PM

Hi Everyone, My name is Carson and I live in Indiana, 40 miles from Sweetwater Music. I like Blues and Classic Rock. I just bought my second Eleven Rack, I bought it because I wanted Protools 11, and I wanted the Expansion Pack,but I'm not sure if it was worth it or not, I did see a couple of presets that someone said was in the Expansion Pack, and one other thing is that, I think I might have to upgrade some of my plugins and that will cost a little bit, I'm not sure the older plugins work with PT 11, or maybe it's just that the new format would work better.

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 10/18/13 12:55 AM

Hey cshep, read this thread about PT11: http://www.elevenrackpresets.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=35106#Post35106

I want it as well but will wait for the buggs to be fixed.. get the singtall superpack unless you got it all ready...

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 01/28/14 07:13 AM

Okay it's bump time, I noticed there are a few of you guys missing especially some of you old fogeys (that's old to this forum don't take it wrong way wink ) that have not posted to this thread yet and we're still waiting for your entries..... I love to see gear!!! laugh Please share with us... I may post some of my newer gear that I have received since the time that I first started this thread.

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 01/28/14 07:33 AM

Old fogey geezer here, header was 'New Users' and since I am very, very old user (been here since 2010 so practically an antique! Yikes!!);) wink grin I thought this for you young whippersnappers only!! grin grin So back in the day when I were young, this young gun, 'X' rode into town and started a somewhat similar thread.

Since I am sooooo old!! (Yeah, not letting you off the hook that easy JaminJimlp!! grin grin) I don't want to waste what little energy I have in repeating myself, since I have things to see and people to do! So check me out here: http://www.elevenrackpresets.com/forum/u...19522#Post19522

Now where did I put my theef.... confused confused
Posted by: rublalup

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 01/28/14 08:53 AM

Hi all. My name is Ruben and I´m from Colombia. Playing guitar as a hobby for almost 20 years (I dont know what I´ve been doing all this time... i should be playing waaaayyyyy better than I do).

Still dont have my 11R but hopefully this weekend I´d be able to play it.

Thanks to all for your help, this is a nice place to hang around.

pd: how do i upload pictures on the forum?
Posted by: Bob

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 01/28/14 09:12 AM

1.whats your name? Bob

2.where do you live? Iowa

3.what kinda music you into, and or play? What is now termed as classic rock (late 60' thru 70's), Blues, Country, Rodeo Rock (think Chris LeDoux), Western Swing, Cowboy (Think Dan Roberts), and Bluegrass. Worship music, at least in my church, is a combination of rock, blues, and gospel.

4.You in a band or just jamming with friends? Yes. Worship band, if that counts. I also play in a blues/blues rock band. I jam and sit in on/with others on occasion and I do some session work from my little project studio. I haven't for a while, but I used to go to a lot of bluegrass festivals where my brother and I would play together.

5.Whats your most wanted gear? Pro Tools HD|Native with Omni and 16 16 HD IO AND a Gretsch 6120 RHH

6 What is your oldest piece of gear? I guess it would have to be a my Fender BandMaster. It is a '67 model I bought in '69.

That one is a tough call. I play them all about the same amount when it is all averaged out. BUT for sentimental reasons, I would have to say that my favorite is my Les Paul Custom. I bought it when I was in high school in 1969-70 something like that. I bought it on installments from Griggs Music and sweated blood to make the weekly payments until the entire fortune of $400 was paid. Remember, this was 1969/70 and that was a heck of a lot of money then...well it is not too, just wish I could get another one for the same price. laugh

Eleven Rack into 003+ Rack into Pro Tools 10 - 11. (I started with Pro Tools M-Powered 7.0)

9.Other gear worth a mention? Most of my gear is what most would call vintage, but it was new when I was doing a lot of gigs. I have a blue fuzzy Foxx Tone Machine that I am very fond of, don't use often, but won't sell. M-Audio Black Box reloaded, that I no longer use and MIGHT sell. A '94 AM Strat, a '01 Fender acc/electric, an '08 Gretsch 5120, a 65/66 Epiphone Texan, a '71 Yamaha 12 string acoustic, an old fiddle that I picked up somewhere...I dunno a couple more amps not worth mentioning and some more FX.

10.the day you got it home what was your first impression of the 11 rack and what do you think now? Well, I have had the M-Audio Black Box for quite a few years, and it was the predecessor actually of 11 Rack, and I had been following it and gassing for a while. OK to answer the question, I was pleased with the operation and integration with Pro Tools. The factory and the "Artist" presets were....well iffy for the most part, but gave a pretty good indication of what the unit could do. I already had a lot of presets made for the Black Box, so I just ported them over to 11Rack. I am still very much thrilled the unit. I have two. One in my studio and one for the road.

11.Whats the best way to get in contact with you? Probably a PM on here.

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 01/30/14 12:04 PM

Old fogey geezer here, header was 'New Users' and since I am very, very old user (been here since 2010 so practically an antique! Yikes!!);) wink grin I thought this for you young whippersnappers only!! grin grin So back in the day when I were young, this young gun, 'X' rode into town and started a somewhat similar thread.

Since I am sooooo old!! (Yeah, not letting you off the hook that easy JaminJimlp!! grin grin) I don't want to waste what little energy I have in repeating myself, since I have things to see and people to do! So check me out here: http://www.elevenrackpresets.com/forum/u...19522#Post19522

Now where did I put my theef.... confused confused

LOL, I was pretty good I enjoyed that and have to check out that old thread thanks bro.

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 01/30/14 12:19 PM

Originally Posted By: rublalup
Hi all. My name is Ruben and I´m from Colombia. Playing guitar as a hobby for almost 20 years (I dont know what I´ve been doing all this time... i should be playing waaaayyyyy better than I do).

Still dont have my 11R but hopefully this weekend I´d be able to play it.

Thanks to all for your help, this is a nice place to hang around.

pd: how do i upload pictures on the forum?

Okay this is for anyone who would like to post pics on this forum saying you just wanted to reply but add a picture and you hit reply quick quote or whatever at the bottom next to where it says submit it says switch to full-screen reply and in the area you type your reply at the top bar where icons from left to right Smyles which will put a :-) or whatever one you choose at the cursor in his current position Internet links which is the next one email address which is the next one and images it offers different ways I usually pick non-floating image the very first one the next icon is for videos from YouTube Yahoo etc. now the one important thing that you need to know about the images is that you will need to get a link to a picture that is currently residing on the Internet I have tried to use dropbox URLs but they don't seem to work and less you click on them and then it opens it up so I usually use Google type in whatever type of gear it is guitar, equipment, and or FX or whatever then click on the type of search the top after it comes up or says "images" can also look for just videos whichever you're doing and then when you find the image you want right-click on it and it will say "copy URL" sometimes it's better to open that picture in its web site because it will have better resolution. Paste it in the box after picking non-floating image then say okay and when you preview your reply you will see the picture will pop up

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 01/30/14 12:22 PM

Thanks, Ruben I look forward to seeing your pics of your gear.

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 01/30/14 12:26 PM

Bob,
Thanks for your reply it sounds like some very cool stuff you have there please post pictures if you get a chance thanks

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 01/30/14 01:29 PM

[img]http://es.tinypic.com/r/kd6gs2/8[/img]

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 01/30/14 01:31 PM

thanks for the info!!

Still missing the 11R on the pic! soooonnnnn
Posted by: Stressfest

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 02/03/14 04:54 AM

G'day lads, just took delivery of the might 11R late last week and so far digging the hell out of it.

Come from using a combination of Mesa heads and rack preamp, switchers and eventide/tc/lexicon racks etc etc to what i'm hoping is going to make a very versatile and powerful, yet light touring rig wink

Looking at the Matrix power amp at the moment, seems pretty good from what I've read. Can't wait to get into this deeper and see what it's capable of.
Posted by: Greg Reagan

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 02/05/14 10:43 AM

My name is Greg. I am from Auburn AL. My band is e360. We play contemporary Christian. www.e360opelika.org
I have owned an 11rack in the past and I loved it. My new one arrives from Sweetwater tomorrow with the ground control pro.
Posted by: Greg Reagan

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 02/05/14 11:35 AM

My name is Greg. I am from Auburn AL. My band is e360. We play contemporary Christian. www.e360opelika.org
I have owned an 11rack in the past and I loved it. My new one arrives from Sweetwater tomorrow with the ground control pro.I play through a Fender 65 twin reverb reissue. I use my Les Paul standard and my fender hot rod Telecaster. I am glad to be back with the 11 rack!

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 02/06/14 08:35 AM

Originally Posted By: Greg Reagan
I have owned an 11rack in the past and I loved it. My new one arrives from Sweetwater tomorrow with the ground control pro.I play through a Fender 65 twin reverb reissue. I use my Les Paul standard and my fender hot rod Telecaster. I am glad to be back with the 11 rack!

you aint to far from me bro and even closer to Intelascread, please post some picks of your guitars and gear...

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 02/06/14 12:18 PM

hei jim this is my last baby smile
a fenix tm 30 great sounding guitar!

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 02/09/14 02:56 AM

DUDE!!!! I LOVE IT.... THAT BABY IS SWEEEEEEET!!! cool
How much did it cost and is it new?

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 02/09/14 05:01 AM

DUDE!!!! I LOVE IT.... THAT BABY IS SWEEEEEEET!!! cool
How much did it cost and is it new?

This is a 90s era Korean guitar,Made by the guy Who produced fender squier back in time,it was top line in his catalog along with some other models wich i Also own.paid around 200€ but its worth around 400 and plays like 1000+ smile

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 02/11/14 10:03 AM

Reminds me of the deals I've gotten on Fernandes guitars:

Dragonfly elite $350 on Craigslist

vertigo elite w/seymour duncan $400 Craigslist

Vortex with Mahogany body bolt on neck DiMarzio 151 in the bridge position and a 160 in the neck and Sperzel tuners $200 Craigslist

1992 Japan made revolver I am holding here $299 new with case in 1992

Recently added this line 6 dream stage:

Posted by: Rob Wots

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 02/11/14 07:02 PM

hi everyone,
my name is rob and i live in manchester england.
i like both kinds of music, electric and acoustic rock.
i have two guitars, an 80's kramer bitsa (made from parts) and a taylor electro acoustic which i think might be some kind of prototype. not sure but it's a beauty smile
my other instruments are a yam clav pf p100 keyboard and a mex fender jazz bass.
i make music mostly with my younger bruv johnny in my home studio. we write, play and record for fun but i still want to try and make some good sounding tracks.
my most wanted gear is a new pair of headphones, or at a pinch new ear pads for my split dt100's.

i'm new to recording on a pc but i've been home recording for about ten years on a pretty much worn out korg d1600.
i've had my eleven rack and pro tools since friday. it's just brilliant. i can't stop grinning...LOL

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 02/11/14 07:13 PM

that's a beauty, i love the colour smile
Posted by: philbert_s

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 02/11/14 07:22 PM

Hello all!

1. What's your name? Philbert

2. Where do you live? US/UK. I travel a lot.

3. What kinda music you into, and or play? The blues

4. You in a band or just jamming with friends? Was in bands for years, ran a studio now just enjoy playing / jamming with friends

5. Whats your most wanted gear? Cornell LegACy30

6 What is your oldest piece of gear? Beater 80’s sigma acoustic

7. What is your most used or favorite guitar you have? Reissue 57 Strat

8. Recording gear and or software? Logic

9. Other gear worth a mention? Love my Sparkledrive

10. The day you got it home what was your first impression of the 11 rack and what do you think now? Not impressed with the onboard patches. *Unbelievably* impressed with some of the patches from this website, which is why I joined. This thing has huge potential.

11. Whats the best way to get in contact with you? pm here I reckon

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 02/12/14 05:29 AM

Originally Posted By: Rob Wots

that's a beauty, i love the colour smile

and she sound great too! grat feel and sound!

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 02/12/14 05:34 AM

THIS is a SICK looking Axe my friend!!!!! Nice score!!!!! cool

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 02/12/14 08:52 AM

Yes it was an excellent score, it has a through neck and very thin, probably the easiest playing guitar I have ever picked up. The guy I got it From had action totally jacked up when I got it and the bridge was being pulled way up I think I need some new springs for the whammy but I use 8's on it and haven't really needed to do anything except the original setup.

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 02/12/14 09:01 AM

hi everyone,
i have two guitars, an 80's kramer bitsa (made from parts) and a taylor electro acoustic which i think might be some kind of prototype. not sure but it's a beauty smile
my other instruments are a yam clav pf p100 keyboard and a mex fender jazz bass.
i make music mostly with my younger bruv johnny in my home studio. we write, play and record for fun but i still want to try and make some good sounding tracks.
my most wanted gear is a new pair of headphones, or at a pinch new ear pads for my split dt100's.

i'm new to recording on a pc but i've been home recording for about ten years on a pretty much worn out korg d1600.
i've had my eleven rack and pro tools since friday. it's just brilliant. i can't stop grinning...LOL

Sounds nice bro... Try to post some pix for us!

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 02/12/14 09:04 AM

Originally Posted By: philbert_s
Hello all!

1. What's your name? Philbert

2. Where do you live? US/UK. I travel a lot.

3. What kinda music you into, and or play? The blues

4. You in a band or just jamming with friends? Was in bands for years, ran a studio now just enjoy playing / jamming with friends

5. Whats your most wanted gear? Cornell LegACy30

6 What is your oldest piece of gear? Beater 80’s sigma acoustic

7. What is your most used or favorite guitar you have? Reissue 57 Strat

8. Recording gear and or software? Logic

9. Other gear worth a mention? Love my Sparkledrive

10. The day you got it home what was your first impression of the 11 rack and what do you think now? Not impressed with the onboard patches. *Unbelievably* impressed with some of the patches from this website, which is why I joined. This thing has huge potential.

11. Whats the best way to get in contact with you? pm here I reckon

Thanks for sharing .......... Get some pix up for us please.

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 02/12/14 10:53 AM

hi everyone,

Sounds nice bro... Try to post some pix for us!
i added a couple of pics today. i had to restrain myself from showing them from every angle...lol

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 02/12/14 03:54 PM

Yes it was an excellent score, it has a through neck and very thin, probably the easiest playing guitar I have ever picked up. The guy I got it From had action totally jacked up when I got it and the bridge was being pulled way up I think I need some new springs for the whammy but I use 8's on it and haven't really needed to do anything except the original setup.

This put some gas on me,but i cant find one under euro 500 frown its a very nice guitar and im interested in sustainer too,how it works?
Posted by: DaytonFlyer

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 02/16/14 05:30 AM

New to the forums so here goes!

1. What's your name? Brian

2. Where do you live? Dayton, OH but born and raised in Cleveland

3. What kinda music you into, and or play? Lots of everything!

4. You in a band or just jamming with friends? In a coverband called RedLightGo!

5. Whats your most wanted gear? 1959 Les Paul
Anyone wanna loan me $150k? Lol

6 What is your oldest piece of gear? 1974 Strat

7. What is your most used or favorite guitar you have? I hand build my own guitars from scratch (no cnc'd bodies or necks) and the first one I did is still my fave. Hundreds of gigs and thousands of hours with it. I'll be buried with that axe!

8. Recording gear and or software? Protools

9. Other gear worth a mention? Love my GCP midi controller and my home made LED loaded pedalboard!

10. The day you got it home what was your first impression of the 11 rack and what do you think now? Loved it then and love it now!

11. Whats the best way to get in contact with you? pm
Posted by: Asgrim

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 02/17/14 09:26 PM

1. What's your name? Asgrim

2. Where do you live? Tampa,Fl

3. What kinda music you into, and or play? Classical,many forms of metal and anything done well

4. You in a band or just jamming with friends? In BANDS

5. Whats your most wanted gear? Neumann U 87

6 What is your oldest piece of gear? Peavey rockmaster(I think)

7. What is your most used or favorite guitar you have? Dean Deceiver

8. Recording gear and or software? Protools HD, Uad Apollo, Various vintech pre's,control 24,various mics, etc, etc

9. Other gear worth a mention? Digitech vavle fx, peavey rockmaster. oldies that I just cant let go of

10. The day you got it home what was your first impression of the 11 rack and what do you think now? brought it home and went threw presets and was less than impressed at first go but after jumping into the machine and dialing in some tones like I would a real amp it started to put a smile on my face, very impressed now

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 02/18/14 09:35 AM

This put some gas on me,but i cant find one under euro 500 frown its a very nice guitar and im interested in sustainer too,how it works?

I love mine it is on 2 of my guitars...
here is a good example of what you can do with the sustainer....

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 02/18/14 09:37 AM

Originally Posted By: DaytonFlyer
New to the forums so here goes!

1. What's your name? Brian

2. Where do you live? Dayton, OH but born and raised in Cleveland

3. What kinda music you into, and or play? Lots of everything!

4. You in a band or just jamming with friends? In a coverband called RedLightGo!

5. Whats your most wanted gear? 1959 Les Paul
Anyone wanna loan me $150k? Lol

6 What is your oldest piece of gear? 1974 Strat

7. What is your most used or favorite guitar you have? I hand build my own guitars from scratch (no cnc'd bodies or necks) and the first one I did is still my fave. Hundreds of gigs and thousands of hours with it. I'll be buried with that axe!

8. Recording gear and or software? Protools

9. Other gear worth a mention? Love my GCP midi controller and my home made LED loaded pedalboard!

10. The day you got it home what was your first impression of the 11 rack and what do you think now? Loved it then and love it now!

Realy would love to see some pix of that guitar and peddle board!!!

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 02/18/14 10:31 AM

Originally Posted By: Asgrim

5. Whats your most wanted gear? Neumann U 87

Digitech vavle fx

I wanted one of the valve fx units after seeing one in action a few times, it has some very smooth distortion, never found one at a good price though...

here is some interesting stuff on the U 87 and some others the site has some interesting stuff on rewiring mics and upgrading components to get a $100-$200 mic to sound like a $2500 mike with about $250 and some time doing the mod, if your into that. I wanted to try to make a ribbon mic but just don't have the time to mess with it.
mic shoot out
Neumann U-87
MXL 990 mod
U47 Copy

Mods for the SCM-960
Microphone PartsMicrophone Parts
The Nady SCM microphones come with a K67-type capsule, which produces a bright, exaggerated high-frequency response that can quickly become tiring on many sources. The mics can be quickly revoiced by swapping the capsule for the RK-47, a Neumann K-47 copy that has a broader, flatter, and lower HF presence peak than the K67, and which naturally presents a more honest, less hyped, mids-forward sound.

read more

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 02/18/14 11:30 AM

Hey Christophersad,

Here's how the sustainer sounds when a non-professional (a guy that plays in his basement) plays it - you can sustain cords as well as lead notes, etc:

https://soundcloud.com/str-man

Scroll down and click on "YAHWEH's Rising Son"

I'm only playing the lead and vocals on this and I recorded this before I got my 11R, but it will give you an idea of how she sounds in a different setting than the YT video.

If you get a chance to get one I totally recommend it (for what my opinion is worth) blush

Here's my Fernandes - Her name's Ruby:

PmS: To my very untrained ears, the sustainer sounds like a built-in Ebow..

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 02/18/14 11:37 AM

I'll snap some pics of the main axe and LED pedalboard tonight as well as pics of a couple bodies and necks under construction too!

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 02/18/14 01:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Str@man

Hey Christophersad,

Here's how the sustainer sounds when a non-professional (a guy that plays in his basement) plays it - you can sustain cords as well as lead notes, etc:

I'm only playing the lead and vocals on this and I recorded this before I got my 11R, but it will give you an idea of how she sounds in a different setting than the YT video.

If you get a chance to get one I totally recommend it (for what my opinion is worth) blush

Many thanks mate! Now more gas 4 me grin
Posted by: Asgrim

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 02/18/14 04:56 PM

digitech vavlve fx is pretty solid(I own a couple) and blows away gsp1101(tone wise) and its only a couple of decades older.

I've looked into a couple of the mic mods but hesitant to spend the money but probably worth the gamble seeing how u87 is slightly expensive

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 02/18/14 08:45 PM

As requested! Here's a pic of my #1. Built by hand from scratch. No CNC, no warmoth or mighty mite body or neck.

Here's my homemade LED board. Built the angled box, loaded with LED bars and used lexan for the top. has a remote and can do over one million colors!

Here's a few bodies/necks in various stages of construction:

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 02/19/14 09:24 AM

Originally Posted By: Str@man

Hey Christophersad,

Many thanks mate! Now more gas 4 me grin

she's a beauty!!! me likey!!!

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 02/19/14 09:29 AM

Originally Posted By: DaytonFlyer
As requested! Here's a pic of my #1. Built by hand from scratch. No CNC, no warmoth or mighty mite body or neck.

Here's my homemade LED board. Built the angled box, loaded with LED bars and used lexan for the top. has a remote and can do over one million colors!

Here's a few bodies/necks in various stages of construction:

WOW!!! my friend you have quite the talent for building and the paint on that one is stellar, thanks for sharing....

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 02/19/14 04:52 PM

Thanks! The guitar is actually more blue than it looks in the picture. I was going for a faded denim kind of look. I stained the entire top black, then sanded it back until the black just remained in just the low spots of the quilt, then stained a darker blue, sanded that back, and then stained a lighter blue, and lightly sanded that so there's a lot of depth between those 3 colors, plus the highest spots of the quilt are slightly naturalbwood. I always wondered how PRS guitars had so much depth to their quilt tops, and then I had the opportunity to take a tour of the PRS factory about 10 years ago, and in the finish section, I saw folks hand staining every quilt top black first, and then sanding it back before applying the final color, so I did the same!

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 02/20/14 10:02 AM

That is interesting how that works and it looks phenomenal!!!

About 20 or so years ago when lived in Maryland I knew a fellow that worked at PRS factory doing the final set ups and he had an unfinished one that he made from some "seconds" and was letting his girlfriend play in an all girl rock band and it was very nice even for a second. He talked about guys like ted nugent and others that came in to pick up there guitars and those were the only ones at that time that Pual would do the final setups on any more. I would have liked to tour that place my self but never thought about it I guess.
Posted by: Cush

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 02/22/14 09:07 AM

1.whats your name? Declan

2.where do you live? Dublin, Ireland

3.what kinda music you into, and or play? Indie/classic Rock/pop and generally anything interesting

4.You in a band or just jamming with friends?At this moment I just jam/record from home.

5.Whats your most wanted gear [that you don't have yet]? Mesa Boogie Lonestar Special....I'd never leave my man cave if I owned one and that would piss my wife off even more.

6 What is your oldest piece of gear? Alesis midiverb ii.

7.What is your most used or favorite guitar you have? Gretsch 6122 Chet Atkins Country Gent....currently waiting on TV jones bridge pup after stock filtertron went kaputt.

8.Recording gear and or software? 11r and PT8

9.Other gear worth a mention? POD X3....have grown to dislike its HF fizziness and general poor amp emulation compared to other modelers. However it serves me well as a midi footswitch for the 11r.

10.the day you got it home what was your first impression of the 11 rack and what do you think now? Immediately realized it was an upgrade on the Line 6 products. I now have it over a week and its sounding better each day as I dial in my favorite tones.

11.Whats the best way to get in contact with you? PM / email
Posted by: MildlyMoist

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 02/23/14 07:47 AM

1.whats your name? Nic

2.where do you live? England

3.what kinda music you into, and or play? Rock, metal (prog/br00talz/djent/melodic), classic rock, bit of blues, acoustic, jazz on the occasion.

4.You in a band or just jamming with friends? Jamming, pub music cover band for income.

5.Whats your most wanted gear [that you don't have yet]? Fryette 2/50/2

6 What is your oldest piece of gear? Yamaha ns10 studio monitors

7.What is your most used or favorite guitar you have? LP standard

8.Recording gear and or software? Long list, home studio. Cubase, pro tools 10

9.Other gear worth a mention? Joe meek mc2 vintage

10.the day you got it home what was your first impression of the 11 rack and what do you think now? Had it two weeks, cant afford superpack. Satisfied with the bognor for now.

Posted by: max_axe

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 02/24/14 09:49 AM

1.whats your name? Billy B

2.where do you live? Texas

3.what kinda music you into, and or play? blues, classic rock, rock, metal

4.You in a band or just jamming with friends? 1970's-1980's Buster Hymen and the Penetrators, now just diddling at Wacksville Studio.
Currently jamming in home studio.

5.Whats your most wanted gear [that you don't have yet]? Fractal Audio Axe-FX or Kemper Profiler

6 What is your oldest piece of gear? 1993 Strat Deluxe Plus, 1993 Ibanez Jem 7VWH

7.What is your most used or favorite guitar you have? 1993 Strat Deluxe Plus

8.Recording gear and or software? Focusrite, Motu, 11 Rack, Logic Pro 9, Pro Tools 11

9.Other gear worth a mention? Roland Fantom X8, Pigtronix Pedals,

10.The day you got it home what was your first impression of the 11 rack and what do you think now? Already updated when 1st purchased and I loved it then and even more now. Lots of patches satisfy me and it records convincingly.

11.Whats the best way to get in contact with you? PM me!
Posted by: Dutchgin

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 02/24/14 08:15 PM

Just wanted to say hi to everyone. New to the eleven rack and fairly new to guitar playing.

1.whats your name? Lance

2.where do you live? New Mexico USA

3.what kinda music you into, and or play? Just a beginner but love all types of music.

4.You in a band or just jamming with friends? Just play at home

5.Whats your most wanted gear [that you don't have yet]? Build a Matchless AMP

6 What is your oldest piece of gear? 1980's Crybaby

7.What is your most used or favorite guitar you have? Only have 2.. Carvin ST-300 and Gibson LP Classic

8.Recording gear and or software? Protools 10, Reaper

9.Other gear worth a mention? Small collection of pedals. Blackstar 5HT-R, Alto TS115A

10.the day you got it home what was your first impression of the 11 rack and what do you think now? I love it. Still learning the ins and outs and glad I found this forum.

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 02/27/14 09:24 AM

Originally Posted By: MildlyMoist
cant afford superpack. Satisfied with the bognor for now.

He asks for a donation of "ANY AMOUNT". make a small one now and later maybe you can do more...

if there is a specific tone that you want make a post with a example clip and some one will surly help
Posted by: solidwalnut

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 02/27/14 03:00 PM

1.whats your name?

Steve Cass

2.where do you live?

Chandler, AZ (greater Phoenix metro)

Classic rock, blues, Contemporary Christian (covers a lot of styles from metal through that classic U2-type live sound)

In a band called Spilled (http://www.spilledmusic.com). I've also been a worship leader in the past and have played in church bands for years.

Hmmm...I'm currently interested in TC Helicon's Voice Live Touch. It's intriguing to be able to have awesome harmonies and vocal effects at your fingertips live.

'79 Les Paul 'The Paul' model. I also have a Lab Series L11 200W solid state amp I got around the same time.

Probably have to say my PRS custom 22 Tobacco Sunburst.

PT11. I made the full switch to digital when PT7 came out. Before that, I was using a Tascam DM24 digital board into Tascam DA-78HR digital tape recorders.

Just now am finishing up a guitar build from a kit. It's a Precision Guitar Kit '59 LP replica, and I've had a ton of fun building it! Lot of work, but well worth it.

See, I've been playing guitar forever, but I never really paid attention to how they tick until about 4 years ago. I decided that that I was going to build a guitar exactly to my specs and also be able to set it up to play according to my specs. It's a fun thought having total control over what I play. I'll post some pix, and will probably make a video summarizing the build progress.

I've been eyeballing the 11R for several years, but could never justify getting one. But Sweetwater put together the bundle that I couldn't refuse: I am currently running PTLE 8.0.5, but I wanted to wait to upgrade until PT 11 came out (all native, new DAE engine, 64-bit and AAX, etc.) It's time! And now that I'm gigging I justified having a box I could use gigging and in the studio. PLUS, they through in the ground controller. How cool is that??

I was impressed by 11R, and so I knew it would be great to have. I just had reservations on how effective it would be for me live. But I've got it hooked up via the 4 wire method, and that answered a lot of my questions. I will still have more to come, for sure! But I can't wait to do more exploring.

11.Whats the best way to get in contact with you? PM me with your email address. Or look for solidwalnut on many forums, including the Avid DUC forum.
Posted by: Nothingleft09

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 02/28/14 05:19 AM

1. Mike

2. Fort Wayne, Indiana

3. I play rock/metal. I'm into all kinds of stuff though.

4. I play in a band called Blood From A Stone. In the studio currently and preparing for a tour this year. The 11R was a gpod choice for both.

5. I would have to say a cross between an Axe FX 2 or a BlackWater custom.

6. Currently, my first run modded 5150 half stack.

7. ESP Horizon

8. Studio One 2, Presonus 22vsl interface, KRK monitors

9. My modded 5150 60 watt and 5150 slant 412. Love that thing but don't want to take it out of the house anymore. Currently I'm going to run my 11R with a Behringer iNuke power amp (very reliable) and Egnater Vengeance 412 for stage volume and to FOH.

10. Having owned an Axe FX before, I feel it's very tweakable to get close to the Axe Fx. I could get my POD HD into that territory with weeks of tweaking but the 11R is so much easier. It sounds very close. Doesn't have all the bells and whistles but it has what counts. Very impressed.

11. PM me here, PM me on sevenstring.org or email me. smile I'm looking forward to making friends and sharing some presets!

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 02/28/14 07:52 AM

Originally Posted By: solidwalnut
I've also been a worship leader in the past and have played in church bands for years.

Just now am finishing up a guitar build from a kit. It's a Precision Guitar Kit '59 LP replica, and I've had a ton of fun building it! Lot of work, but well worth it.

See, I've been playing guitar forever, but I never really paid attention to how they tick until about 4 years ago. I decided that that I was going to build a guitar exactly to my specs and also be able to set it up to play according to my specs. It's a fun thought having total control over what I play. I'll post some pix, and will probably make a video summarizing the build progress.

1.You will find that allot of guys here play at there church including me.

2. you have any links to where those kits are... that's quite intriguing.

3. we would love to see some picks and that video!!!

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 02/28/14 07:55 AM

Originally Posted By: Nothingleft09
1. Mike

2. Fort Wayne, Indiana

3. I play rock/metal. I'm into all kinds of stuff though.

4. I play in a band called Blood From A Stone. In the studio currently and preparing for a tour this year. The 11R was a gpod choice for both.

5. I would have to say a cross between an Axe FX 2 or a BlackWater custom.

6. Currently, my first run modded 5150 half stack.

7. ESP Horizon

8. Studio One 2, Presonus 22vsl interface, KRK monitors

9. My modded 5150 60 watt and 5150 slant 412. Love that thing but don't want to take it out of the house anymore. Currently I'm going to run my 11R with a Behringer iNuke power amp (very reliable) and Egnater Vengeance 412 for stage volume and to FOH.

10. Having owned an Axe FX before, I feel it's very tweakable to get close to the Axe Fx. I could get my POD HD into that territory with weeks of tweaking but the 11R is so much easier. It sounds very close. Doesn't have all the bells and whistles but it has what counts. Very impressed.

11. PM me here, PM me on sevenstring.org or email me. smile I'm looking forward to making friends and sharing some presets!

got pix? thanks for sharing and welcome.
Posted by: strattman76

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 02/28/14 08:52 AM

Name: Danny Strattman
Style: Rock, Blues
No band. just play at home.
I've always wanted to get a Gibson Firebird or Les Paul DC
Don't really have any vintage gear. I think my crybaby is from maybe '92.
My favorite guitar now is a '13 fender standard.
The only daw ive worked with was sonar producer edition. and i barely have a clue how to use it.
Some other gear i have is a voodoo micro vibe. epi lecs sg. I also have a handful of byoc pedals. very fun to build.
The day i first turned the 11 on i was impressed. I jumped into modelling machines with the gsp1101. It was a great piece of hardware also. i just think that about 30% of the models on it were great. the rest was fluff to me. geared more towards metalheads. the 11 rack didnt have as many amps or fx as digitech or line 6. but i think what it does have it does extremely well. I think with some help from here it will be valuable to me for many years.
contact through pm.

Thanks
Posted by: Tony Serzo

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 02/28/14 12:54 PM

1. Tony
2. Seattle, WA
3. Blues, Jazz, Classic Rock, a little Country
4. Played in bands off and on for 30+ years, but I'm starting up a solo act with backing tracks
5. Most desired? A good preamp, possibly the 11R (I'm here trying to decide, haven't bought one yet)
6. 1966 Guild Starfire III that my dad gave me a couple of years ago
7. Just bought a MusicMan Petrucci JP6 w/Piezo (love that guitar!)
8. Logic (current version), Ableton Live 8 (1 version behind but still works)
9. Bose L1 Compact - also a recent acquisition

10. Unfortunately I've never had the pleasure of playing through an 11R. I'm considering picking one up off eBay, that's why I'm studying everything I can find about the unit to try to make an informed decision.

Thing is, having bought the JP6 and the Bose in the past couple of months I'm kind of tapped out. But I sold my cool Reverend tube amp, a couple of guitars and some other equipment to get into this new rig and I need to get something to complete the setup (I literally have no amp and no outboard gear right now, I'm practicing through plugins on my Mac). For the money this looks like the best thing out there. However if sanity and frugality return I could end up with a Zoom G3X or I might just drag my laptop to gigs.

11. I guess PM me here or email me, my gmail address is tonyp145.
Posted by: Nothingleft09

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 02/28/14 05:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Nothingleft09

got pix? thanks for sharing and welcome.

Of course. lol My head and cab need cleaned up terribly. My other cab is at the practice space now since I decided to bring this half stack home.

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 02/28/14 08:19 PM

Originally Posted By: strattman76
I also have a handful of byoc pedals. very fun to build.

I was looking into that as well but never had time to mess with one, I was looking at the brown sound from one place but got the 11r....

which ones did you build and how do they sound?

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 02/28/14 08:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Tony Serzo

10. Unfortunately I've never had the pleasure of playing through an 11R. I'm considering picking one up off eBay, that's why I'm studying everything I can find about the unit to try to make an informed decision.

Thing is, having bought the JP6 and the Bose in the past couple of months I'm kind of tapped out. But I sold my cool Reverend tube amp, a couple of guitars and some other equipment to get into this new rig and I need to get something to complete the setup (I literally have no amp and no outboard gear right now, I'm practicing through plugins on my Mac). For the money this looks like the best thing out there. However if sanity and frugality return I could end up with a Zoom G3X or I might just drag my laptop to gigs.

Dude just get it you won't be sorry....

I plug in the mixer with the XLR outs you don't need an amp. it sounds great!!!
Posted by: strattman76

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 03/02/14 06:14 PM

I built the od2. It was a ts clone with some some extra voicings. It also had a electro harmonix lpb-1 clone on the other side. Great pedal. It will realky push a preamp with lots of headroom. I also did the germanium(?) fuzz and the tremelo pdl. I only have the od2 anymore. I wanted the crybaby rebuild kit but afraid it will change it too drastically.
Posted by: DonkeyKong

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 03/03/14 12:03 PM

1.whats your name?

Hi, im Joaquin!

2.where do you live?

Im from Chile, South america

To be honest, I can enjoy all kinds of music. From Paganini up to the most extreme kind of metal. I love Progressive!

Sadly I only play guitar in my room, I hope someday to be able to form a band! I really love to practice, it makes me feel good. You can watch me playing here:

Honestly, I don't mind. All my life I have played with digital amplifiers. The most important thing is that sounds good to me, i has been looking to the Axe fx, and I can't deny that it gives me great curiosity

My picks lol

My only payable guitar, Schecter hellraiser C1 Fr

Logic pro & reaper

Not really... maybe my cry baby from hell, works great with the 11R!

I was totally impressed! The eleven rack has an incredible sound, I am very happy! but you know... G.A.S. never stop...

11.Whats the best way to get in contact with you? Send a PM and say hi!

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 03/03/14 10:50 PM

Wow!!! Great job!!! ...... did you learn that from tab or picking it out by ear? either way that quite an accomplishment.
Posted by: Orion

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 03/05/14 10:12 AM

1.whats your name?

Harold

2.where do you live?

Norcross, GA USA

Mostly Progressive Rock and Fusion plus Electronica

Band: Absolute Velocity (check us out on soundcloud)

I've been dying to get a Gibson double neck 6 string & Mando (I already have a 6/12 double neck)

1947 Gibson ES-300

1966 Gibson ES-335

SONAR 7.0

1971 Rickenbacker Lightshow GTR, 1976 Fender Strat (and many others...)

Got it off of Ebay 3 days ago...no manual. I thought the sounds that came with it were terrible (even the presets). Started to build a few from scratch. Can't wait to DL some from here. I don't have Pro Tools, how do I DL and load rigs into my unit? please send me to the correct thread for this...remember, I'm a newbie who just joined. Glad to be a part of this community.

OK, after exploring the inner-working of the unit, I discovered that the output was assigned right before the AMP & Cab so I wasn't getting the cool amp & cab sounds. Now that I have adjusted that, the patches sound great.

Posted by: DonkeyKong

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 03/05/14 05:58 PM

Thank you! i use both, the tabs are wrong all the time, i just need to correct them a little bit haha

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 03/07/14 09:40 AM

Originally Posted By: Orion
1.whats your name?

Harold

2.where do you live?

Norcross, GA USA

Mostly Progressive Rock and Fusion plus Electronica

Band: Absolute Velocity (check us out on soundcloud)

I've been dying to get a Gibson double neck 6 string & Mando (I already have a 6/12 double neck)

1947 Gibson ES-300

1966 Gibson ES-335

SONAR 7.0

1971 Rickenbacker Lightshow GTR, 1976 Fender Strat

Got it off of Ebay 3 days ago...no manual. I thought the sounds that came with it were terrible (even the presets). Started to build a few from scratch. Can't wait to DL some from here. I don't have Pro Tools, how do I DL and load rigs into my unit? please send me to the correct thread for this...remember, I'm a newbie who just joined. Glad to be a part of this community.

Dude you gotta post some pix of those guitars..... We would love to see them.
You need to download Download 11 rack editor or you can use what is called 11 hack, I have never used 11 hack. 11 rack editor is pretty easy you just click on the name of the preset in the editor and it will give you a option to upload or download the preset
Posted by: CharlyG

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 03/10/14 08:24 AM

1.whats your name?

Charly

2.where do you live?

West Hills, Ca USA

Classic Rock and Blues

foolin around by myself

not much, pretty settled in

'93 Sheraton II

'93 Sheraton II

Sonar (Win8) Garageband (Mac and iOS)

FCB1010 w/EurekaProm2, iPad mini, AMPLIFi

Great tone, lousy support. I love it now that I got the exp pack installed. Running the iPad apps thru the effects loop of the 11R, and the output of the 11R goes into the Amplifi aux in.

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 03/13/14 09:03 AM

I really like the Sheraton guitars they are sweet. I wanted one before I got my Oscar Schmidt which is nice as well but probably not as good as the Sheraton. post some picks.
Posted by: Identity Device

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 03/16/14 03:48 PM

Hey guys/gals! My name is Ian. I used to play drums in Straight Line Stitch among a few other bands. I did some touring with Kris Norris who was in Darkest Hour and now Scar the Martyr and he was playing an eleven rack. At the time I was torn between the pod hd and the 11r and sold my Mesa triple rec to get the pod hd and a bass. He tried to tell me to go with the 11r and at the time I couldn't afford it and didn't like that it didn't have a standalone outside of protools, but once I saw that they made one. Had to get it lol So I did. Got mine new with the expansion pack on ebay for $400. Couldn't be happier. I am loving it and it feels and sounds so much better than the pod hd. Although it's hard to get that through to some pod hd users who just defend that thing with their life. But hey to each their own. Anyways, glad to join the 11r community and hope to talk to some of you sometime. I have a solo project now called Identity Device and just writing music on my own nowadays and working on an E.P. like everyone else lol I did a few raw comparisons of the 11r vs. pod hd recently if anyone wants to check them out.

you can find them along with other tunes and demo's here:
www.soundcloud.com/identitydevice \m/

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 03/20/14 10:55 AM

thanks for posting bro!!!
Posted by: buddy5150

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 03/26/14 06:19 PM

1.Whats your name? - Buddy

2.Where do you live? - South Florida

3.what kinda music you into, and or play? - Blues,Classic Rock

4.You in a band or just jamming with friends? - Just play/record at home

5.Whats your most wanted gear [that you don't have yet]? - All Good at this point

6 What is your oldest piece of gear? - Me

7.What is your most used or favorite guitar you have? - EBMM Luke III

8.Recording gear and or software? - Garage Band/Reaper

9.Other gear worth a mention? - Laney Lionheart L5T Combo

10.The day you got it home what was your first impression of the 11 rack and what do you think now? - My first time around I didn't give the Orange box its due, but now on my 2nd round I'm really digging it.

11.Whats the best way to get in contact with you? - PM from here
Posted by: Rusty Jam

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 03/31/14 07:19 AM

1.whats your name? Rusty

2.where do you live? Ohio

3.what kinda music you into, and or play? Worship, Rock, Blues - anything that moves me.

4.You in a band or just jamming with friends? In a band, although we're just becoming active again.

5.Whats your most wanted gear [that you don't have yet]? Axe-fx II, Kemper, GI-20 etc.

6 What is your oldest piece of gear? A Cimar guitar from around '82 - It's been introduced to my skill saw and therefore looks a little different than when I bought it.

7.What is your most used or favorite guitar you have? Godin - Multiac SA, and Freeway - both with warmoth 1.875 wide necks.

8.Recording gear and or software? Sonar X2, Delta 1010.

9.Other gear worth a mention? My Heart, Soul, Spirit - and my fingers - yeah I know it's not gear - but it's more important than any gear. Oh yeah, and relative to the topic at hand, I have a FCB1010 with a Eurekaprom.

10.the day you got it home what was your first impression of the 11 rack and what do you think now? I was bummed... the first unit was defective and had serious hiss/noise. The second unit has impressed me. My working unit for a few years has been a Pod XT Live, so this is a definite step up. Wanted an Axe-FX but couldn't justify the cost.

When I play guitar, the tone is a integral part of the experience. It may not say much about me as a player, but if I don't like the tone, I can't play. When I do like it, and I mean really like it, I forget about it and plug into my spirit/soul. It is self expression, and it is therapy. How do I know a good preset? When I forget that I'm looking for one and just play. All of a sudden a few minutes have passed and I 'remember' that I'm supposed to be previewing/tweaking patches.
I just got an eleven rack and although some of the factories are good, none of them are great; none of them free my mind and allow me to enter that place of inner connection. So I bought Singtall's super pack and in it he has all the user presets from this site as of 7/13/2012. I just date sort them and start from the newest working my way back and before long I've ran into some that free me - patches that work with my guitar and my soul. And I lose track of time for a bit. After playing for a couple hours, and forgetting about my job, my house payment, relationship problems, and all the projects around the house that need my attention, I 'wake up' and realize it's 1:00 in the morning. But even that does not disturb me because I'm so relaxed and at peace as my soul has just gone through therapy.
Thanks to all of you who have shared your patches and your knowledge. I'm a newbie here, but already feel a debt of gratitude. A special thanks to Singtall. God bless you all

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 03/31/14 10:54 AM

nice post Rusty.
Posted by: Markus

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 03/31/14 01:40 PM

ok, me too:
1.whats your name? Markus (aka the real mf)

2.where do you live? Nierstein. Okay...Germany, close to Frankfurt, directly on the banks of the Rhine.

3.what kinda music you into, and or play? Rock Pop Soul Party Music

4.You in a band or just jamming with friends? in a band: www.online-live.de

5.Whats your most wanted gear [that you don't have yet]? uuhm....a Kemper, maybe? A Gibson Les Paul CR 8, definitely.

6 What is your oldest piece of gear? A mid-80s Les Paul copy from Fernandes, Japan.

7.What is your most used or favorite guitar you have? Custom made 61 strat made by german luthier Lars Riemer

8.Recording gear and or software? GarageBand, Studio One, Capture.

9.Other gear worth a mention? Weehbo pedals: Plexdrive, JCM Limited Edition, Mastiff. Great pedals, altogether.

10.the day you got it home what was your first impression of the 11 rack and what do you think now? First impression: fascinated by the variety of amp characteristics. What I think now? Fascinated by the variety of amp characteristics wink

11.Whats the best way to get in contact with you? PM me with your email address or contact me through my band's website (I'm doing the booking as well).

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 03/31/14 10:57 PM

Dude you know I love Fernandes guitars!!! I would love to see a picture of it and how does she play? Also sounds like a cool place to live. thanks for finally jumping in!!!

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 04/01/14 12:17 AM

Okay, here's the Les Paul...body only, though. I'll post some more images asap.

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 04/01/14 12:19 AM

And here is where I live...Guess if I'm a happy man...
http://www.frieauff.com/frieauffcloud/IMG_1094.JPG

(sorry, couldn't ge tthe pic to show up other than upside down, so I just linked it)
Posted by: 11 tRack

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 04/23/14 09:00 PM

1.whats your name? Tom

2.where do you live? NY --> "In a van down by the river"

3.what kinda music you into, and or play? Rock, Metal

4.You in a band or just jamming with friends? Jam with friends

5.Whats your most wanted gear [that you don't have yet] Tube
amp, maybe a 5150

6 What is your oldest piece of gear? An 84 Teli

7.What is your most used or favorite guitar you have? EVH wolfgang USA.

8.Recording gear and or software? 11r, Audacity and a Boss GT-3

9.Other gear worth a mention? Nope

10.The day you got it home what was your first impression of the 11 rack and what do you think now? 1st impression was it's ok. After finding some presets on this site and tweaking things, I love it. The EVH made a difference also --> (My last guitar was Junk). Singtall superpack is next.

Posted by: Cyle

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 04/24/14 12:00 AM

1.Whats your name? Cyle

2.Where do you live? North Dakota

3.what kinda music you into, and or play? Rock, metal, blues, and country

4.You in a band or just jamming with friends? I just play at home as there isn't much for musicians here unless you want to play polka.

5.Whats your most wanted gear [that you don't have yet]? Right now about 20 new sets of strings. I hate buying strings so right now a lot of my guitars need new strings.

6 What is your oldest piece of gear? Not sure its between my crate speaker cabinet, austin strat or my vantage guitar.

7.What is your most used or favorite guitar you have? Don't really have a favorite at the moment i have 23 guitars in my house 21 of which are mine and it just kinda depends on my mood as to what i choose to play.

8.Recording gear and or software? Garage Band, Reaper

9.Other gear worth a mention? Blackstar ht stage 60

10.The day you got it home what was your first impression of the 11 rack and what do you think now? I liked it and am still getting to know my way around it but all in all its pretty amazing.

11.Whats the best way to get in contact with you? PM or email

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 04/24/14 11:10 PM

Try dean markley blue steel strings they out last all others, I've had them on guitars over 2 years before and no rust and still have great tone and there REALLY tough to break...
Posted by: Cyle

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 04/25/14 07:49 AM

I decided to order some to try i have been using elixir polywebs but they can get pricy.
Posted by: Moogly

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 04/29/14 12:42 AM

Bonjour a tous
Je suis de Québec Canada
Je viens de recevoir mon Eleven Rack et je suis heureux des premiers résultas
J'ai une question pour vous si vous voulez bien me répondre je vous remercis a l'avance

Mon Eleven rack est neuf et dans la boite il y avait que le disque des driver pour mon Imac et je croyais que pro tools étais inclus mais non!

J'ai télécharger la banque de preset mais je ne peu pas les ouvrirent avec editeur
est ce possible sans le pro tools merci encore pour vos réponse a+
Posted by: Marc C.

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 04/29/14 07:33 AM

Allo Moogly, (bienvenue au groupe)

Normalement le 11R viens avec Pro-Tools mais depuis un temps il y a plusieurs vendeurs (surtout au États Unis) qui l'offre sans PT et ils coupe le prix de $700 ou plus a $350-$400. Comme ca, les vendeurs peuvent vendre PT séparement.

Mais il y a une solution... l'editeur 'standalone' -
http://www.elevenrackpresets.com/forum/u...;an=1#Post36769

Plus besoin de Pro-Tools.

En passant... si tu est deja impressioner avec le 11R... tu doit absolument télécharger les presets de Singtall, membre de ce groupe. Ils sont incroyables! Tout ce qu'il demande est un petit montant d'argent... a toi de decider le montant... et les centaines de presets de qualité sont a toi.

Pour moi, le 11R ne m'a pas du tout impressioner au debut. En fait, ca m'a pris plusieurs semaines de travail avant d'etre satisfait de mon son... mais je sais maintenant qu'un son exceptionel est possible...

Marc C.

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 04/29/14 09:37 AM

Thanks Mark for replying I could not make two cents of the language glad that you were here to do that for us, my iPad obviously does not translate I have to look at this on my PC
Posted by: Moogly

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 04/29/14 12:19 PM

Gros merci Marc
Je vais jeter un oeil sur le site
Et je vous remercies tous pour ce forum car c'est pas toujours évident
a+

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 04/29/14 01:45 PM

can someone translate for us innocent souls ? smile smile smile
Posted by: Marc C.

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 04/29/14 06:37 PM

Basically, he was asking whether Pro Tools was supposed to come with the 11R. I explained that many vendors are removing the software and selling the unit at a lower price, but that he didn't need PT now that the standalone editor is available.

I also steered him toward Singtall's presets... something we should do for every 11R noob, in my opinion.

I'm happy to help - I'm French-Canadian, so it's not a problem to answer the odd question in French.
Posted by: rjw

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 08/07/14 02:12 AM

1.whats your name? Rick

2.where do you live? Montreal/Florida

3.what kinda music you into, and or play? Rock, blues, funk

4.You in a band or just jamming with friends? Feeling things out

5.Whats your most wanted gear [that you don't have yet]? 11R, fsb1010 and chip, in that I am waiting on them to arrive!!

6 What is your oldest piece of gear? '53 Les Paul special

7.What is your most used or favorite guitar you have? the 53 LP, since I sanded the neck

8.Recording gear and or software? Cubase,UR44,etc

9.Other gear worth a mention? JBL 4341 pro studio monitors, in that they sound great and seem to be collectors items!?

10.the day you got it home what was your first impression of the 11 rack and what do you think now? TBD

Posted by: Steinmetzify

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 08/07/14 03:51 PM

1.whats your name? Scott

2.where do you live? SLC

3.what kinda music you into, and or play? Blues based rock and groove metal

4.You in a band or just jamming with friends? Just some friends jamming on ideas.

5.Whats your most wanted gear [that you don't have yet]? Norlin LPC from 1974...older LPs are something I really dig on and my newer ones while great, aren't Norlins.

6 What is your oldest piece of gear? '74 strat (birth year!)

7.What is your most used or favorite guitar you have? This:

It's a custom LP built by a friend to my specs/taste...I use it for mostly everything except 7-8 string metal

8.Recording gear and or software? Focusrite Forte, Apogee Duet and Jam, iPad recording stuff and apps.

9.Other gear worth a mention? Not really...but I will say my newest 7 string has the new EMG 57-66s in it and they are killer.

10.the day you got it home what was your first impression of the 11 rack and what do you think now? Don't own one yet...here for info, but will probably end up with one. I've been intrigued for a while now...

11.Whats the best way to get in contact with you? PM here and it'll go to my email.

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 08/07/14 10:02 PM

I just ordered my 2nd eureka prom I have the 1.1 can't wait for the 2.0 to get here

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 08/07/14 10:03 PM

very sweet guitar dude!!! and what does slc stand for
Posted by: Steinmetzify

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 08/07/14 10:47 PM

Salt Lake City Utah
Posted by: DCornelius

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 09/23/14 11:09 PM

1.whats your name? David Cornelius

2.where do you live? Kentucky

3.what kinda music you into, and or play? Classic rock , Country

4.You in a band or just jamming with friends? Jam with friends

5.Whats your most wanted gear [that you don't have yet]? DR. Z Amp

6 What is your oldest piece of gear? Sho-Bud Super Pro D10

7.What is your most used or favorite guitar you have? Cheap Epi Les Paul Custom. Not high $ but plays great

9.Other gear worth a mention? I own about a dozen amps, 10 guitars, and a vintage pedal steel.

10.the day you got it home what was your first impression of the 11 rack and what do you think now? So far so good.

11.Whats the best way to get in contact with you? bps_ky@yahoo.com

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 09/24/14 07:43 AM

Welcome David!
Posted by: brianexton

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 09/24/14 08:11 AM

1.whats your name? Brian Exton

2.where do you live? Cleveland Ohio

3.what kinda music you into, and or play? 80's hair bands, classic rock, Country

4.You in a band or just jamming with friends? In a band curently playing bass. (its a gig $$) THe Focus Group

5.Whats your most wanted gear [that you don't have yet]? marshall jvm head. another prs and les paul.

6 What is your oldest piece of gear? 78 tele

7.What is your most used or favorite guitar you have? Most used curently is a Ernieball musicman silhouette dipped in camo. duncan jb and 59. favorite is a custom 1988 jackson soloist revers head reverse inlays floyd painted logo to match had emg 81s most of its life and now currently has duncan jb/59

8.Recording gear and or software? none

9.Other gear worth a mention? mid 80s jap strat with 2 emg 81s and a guitar i bulit in high school based off a kramer baretta with a eagle graffic that has a dimarzio (cant remember which model) with a coil tap and floyd. oh and a chandler jackson style neck with my last name on it in jackson style lettering.

10.the day you got it home what was your first impression of the 11 rack and what do you think now? was squealing and kinda rough but a week or so into it and im loving it.

11.Whats the best way to get in contact with you? pm
Posted by: Downrazor11

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 09/24/14 08:59 AM

1.whats your name? Stephen James

2.where do you live? Iowa City, IA

3.what kinda music you into, and or play? melodic rock, 90s rock

4.You in a band or just jamming with friends? in a band (Veritae)

5.Whats your most wanted gear [that you don't have yet]? Mesa Dual/Triple Rec with cab

6 What is your oldest piece of gear? 1994 Ibanez JS100

7.What is your most used or favorite guitar you have? Schecter Hellraiser C1 FR, with bareknuckle abraxas set

8.Recording gear and or software? Mac mini, duet 2, logic pro, reaper, bfd eco, reason, guitar rig 4

9.Other gear worth a mention? Zoom g9.2tt into a B52 at100 amp with Randall Hammett 412 cab (this is what I am hoping the 11r with epsi and ev zlx12p can replace)

10.the day you got it home what was your first impression of the 11 rack and what do you think now? good, reminded me of my old 2101, liked the color, not quite better than amp. Now, with the epsi (ownhammer), I have put the amp and cab into storage, really saves space, and each day I am getting more comfortable with the tone (epsi really helps).

11.Whats the best way to get in contact with you? pm
Posted by: pökö

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 09/24/14 01:05 PM

1.whats your name? VP

2.where do you live? Jyvaskyla, Finland

3.what kinda music you into, and or play? blues

4.You in a band or just jamming with friends? both, my band is Tyly Kohtalo (Grim Faith)www.tylykohtalo.fi

Gibson ES-345 from the end of the 60s with slim neck.
6. What is your oldest piece of gear? El Maya Gibson L6S copy
from 1975 that I use for slide.Great guitar!
7.What is your most used or favorite guitar you have? The El Maya, and my half-self-made Gibson SG style electric with Joe Barden PUs
8.Recording gear and or software? Eleven rack and Cubase 7
9.Other gear worth a mention? I have a handmade Suzuki Stratocaster from the 80s with neck-through-body structure and Joe Barden S-Deluxe PUs, my old amp is a Fender Deluxe Reverb II that I use every now and then.
10.the day you got it home what was your first impression of the 11 rack and what do you think now? I thought: How the hell am I gonna learn to program and use a midi pedal to control this beast on stage, at the age of 60?
11.Whats the best way to get in contact with you?email me

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 09/25/14 09:57 AM

Welcome 11r brothers!!!

got any pix of these? I love to see vintage/ handmade/ new stuff!
Posted by: mojah

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 09/28/14 06:32 PM

1.whats your name? Paul

2.where do you live? Holyoke, Massachusetts

3.what kinda music you into, and or play? Modern Country, 90's grunge/alt, Some Classic Rock, Originals

4.You in a band or just jamming with friends? Just jamming now, have been in a few bands.

5.Whats your most wanted gear [that you don't have yet]? I have pretty much everything I need except more free time. Ok I'd like to try a scolloped neck out someday.(I'll probably hate it.. LOL)

6 What is your oldest piece of gear? 1957 Tweed Champ

7.What is your most used or favorite guitar you have? Now using a Warmoth strat with big 70's headstock, rosewood board, Bill Lawrence L90 bridge, L45 middle, Dimarzio protrack in parallel 4 neck. My old giging guitar 1994 '57 reissue hs-3 bridge stock mid and neck.

8.Recording gear and or software? Allen Heath ZED14, Eleven Rack, Pod HD500, Sonar 6

9.Other gear worth a mention? 1965 Blackface Bassman, 1974 Marshall 1987X (my old gigging amp)A lot of pedals 25% made by myself. Mesa oversized 4X12, Marshall basket weave 4x12 w 1974 greenbacks, Taylor 415? acoustic, FRFR JBL PRX-612M's

10.the day you got it home what was your first impression of the 11 rack and what do you think now? I thought it was easy to get a usable tone. Now, the same really, Wish I could use multiple distortions and delays like my HD500. Bought Singtall's pack. Great job on Kings X. My HD500 is now a midi controller...

11.Whats the best way to get in contact with you? private message

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 09/30/14 03:53 AM

Originally Posted By: mojah

5.Whats your most wanted gear [that you don't have yet]? I have pretty much everything I need except more free time. Ok I'd like to try a scolloped neck out someday.(I'll probably hate it.. LOL)

I didn't like the scalloped neck, it feels weird. oh yes free time...
post some pix!!!
Posted by: Lawless33

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 10/02/14 05:01 PM

1.What's your name? Wes

2.Where do you live? southern Indiana

3.What kind of music are you into, and or play? Classic rock, Contemporary Christian (praise & worship team at church)

4.You in a band or just jamming with friends? Church band only

5.Whats your most wanted gear [that you don't have yet]? Telecaster, new Mark V mini, Schecter Banshee.

6 What is your oldest piece of gear? Probably a Schecter C-1 Classic

7.What is your most used or favorite guitar you have? 2008 Fender Deluxe American Fat Strat in cherry sunburst. It has a maple neck and maple fingerboard. I swapped out 2 of the 3 Samarium Cobalt Noiseless pups, and put in a Dimarzio AT-1 (Andy Timmons model) bridge humbucker and Dimarzio Cruiser in the neck position.

8.Recording gear and or software? My desktop PC's power unit went out and I stopped recording. I hate monitoring through headphones on my laptop. But recording software I would use would be Sonoma Wire Works Riffworks. Need to get back to recording, as I miss it!

9.Other gear worth a mention? Outside of the Strat and Schecter C-1 Classic, I have a Schecter Solo 6 Hellraiser with active EMG's, an Eleven Rack, a POD HD500, Line 6 DT25 combo, an unused Rocktron G100 Utopia and a Tech 21 Power Engine 60.

10.the day you got it home what was your first impression of the 11 rack and what do you think now? I hoped the editor software would be as easy to edit as the Line 6 Edit software was. I also hoped the amp sims would sound better and easier to dial in. Still in the honeymoon stage and learning, but optimistic so far.

11.Whats the best way to get in contact with you? Private message

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 10/02/14 05:11 PM

how is the rocktron utopia?why u dont use it?

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 10/02/14 06:02 PM

Fairly hard to program. Does the rectifier thing really well. But lower gain crunch and clean wasn't its strong suit in my opinion.

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 10/03/14 12:14 AM

Kinda weird allot of us here play at church... actually it's very cool cool

sounds like great gear...
would like pix
Posted by: StratGuru

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 10/03/14 08:21 PM

1.What's your name? Neal

2.Where do you live? Kansas City, MO

3.What kind of music are you into, and or play? Rock, Metal, Blues, Country

4.You in a band or just jamming with friends? Retired Musician, fun only now

5.Whats your most wanted gear [that you don't have yet?] Boutique combo amp of some sort. Les Paul Custom.

6 What is your oldest piece of gear? 78 or 79 Stratocaster

7.What is your most used or favorite guitar you have? Strat listed above. It's beat to death, HSS, Floyd Rose, Screamin Demon, two lace sensors.

8.Recording gear and or software? Orange Box with PT10, Logic on the Mac

9.Other gear worth a mention? 2008 Highway One Strat, modified with all Duncan minis Wilkinson bridge. MIM strat, warmoth neck, texas specials. Ibanez iceman, custom tele based of a, yes, Alvarez. Etc etc.

10.the day you got it home what was your first impression of the 11 rack and what do you think now? Bought it based off Vaisatchatrucci videos so I already loved it.

11.Whats the best way to get in contact with you? Private message

Glad to be here. Lurked forever. Finally decided to step up.

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 10/04/14 06:27 AM

Thanks, bro! I've been playing in church for about 10 years now. I've gone through the Rocktron Utopia, switched over to a Boss GT-10, then went to the HD500 direct...then from HD500 to the DT25 and now the Eleven Rack into an EV ZLX-12p powered monitor. I think I'm happier now than I've ever been and I just started recently using the Eleven Rack with a Voodoo Lab Ground Control Pro that I recently acquired.

Wes

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 10/04/14 03:43 PM

you guys need to post some pix!!! lol
Posted by: Travst

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 10/17/14 10:37 AM

1.whats your name? John

2.where do you live? Birminham, Alabama

3.what kinda music you into, and or play? Rock, blues, alternative, classical on keys

4.You in a band or just jamming with friends? Just me, I've little time for jamming.

5.Whats your most wanted gear [that you don't have yet]? I'm pretty much set, but am always updating recording gear.

6 What is your oldest piece of gear? 65 or so Gibson Falcon or maybe my 67 Reverberocket II.

7.What is your most used or favorite guitar you have? The LP or one of the strats I've made. I build guitars and amps as well as repairing gear.

8.Recording gear and or software? Lots, Steinberg UR824, Cubase 7.5, ISA One, AT4040, Hammond A-100, KingKorg for examples.

9.Other gear worth a mention? A fair number of good tube amps. I'm not sure why I got an ER other than the experimentation factor. wink

10.the day you got it home what was your first impression of the 11 rack and what do you think now? I thought it sounded very digital and still do. However, I've heard some very impressive recordings so I think that the problem is my skill level with the unit.

11.Whats the best way to get in contact with you? IM me here is as good as any.

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 10/22/14 02:41 AM

Check out the Singtall super pack it will change your mind about the digital sound

SUPER PACK Site Free samples
Posted by: Brindle

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 10/23/14 10:53 AM

Hello
I am using my Eleven R live and really liking it. Glad to find this wealth of info here and at DUC. A lot of my concerns have been answered by scrolling back to the date Eleven R was released and reading/playing catch up. This thing will keep me happy and busy for some time!

Brindle

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 10/23/14 10:57 AM

Welcome and yes it will...
Posted by: forresal

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 11/21/14 06:44 AM

New user here.

Just picked up a second hand 11R for a price I couldnt resist. This thing sounds great so far!

Bought it to get a different flavor of modeling a Vox AC30. Been a long time POD user (X3, HD500) and have been uninspired. Also really digging the 11R's MS-30 (Matchless) model. The 11R for me is mostly for home silent practice and possibly recording if I get the nerve.

For now I'm running a few overdrives and DTS 3kp (SDD-3000 preamp clone) into the front of the 11R with a Strymon Timeline and BlueSky in the loop. Really enjoying the tones.

My influences are pretty generic: U2, Coldplay, Snow Patrol, Contemp P&W, etc.

The seller mentioned singtall's rigs so hopefully I can check those out and be even more inspired!
Posted by: Oblivion

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 11/21/14 07:27 AM

Howdy!

Very recent Mac convert, slightly less recent R11 re-homer (got both in the last couple weeks). Bought mine used for a steal - got the PT10 license w/ iLok and the latest .zip of Sweetwater patches - really good seller.

Mostly play a mostly stock Gretsch 5120 through it, but have also messed around with bass, vocals, and my silly shred-machine Ibanez RG-560.

Loving the recording interface and the inspiration from the patches. Currently using Reaper as my DAW as PT10 RUNS on Yosemite, but it's not real pretty. And Reaper is pretty darn good.

I've checked out a few of the community rigs while I was waiting for my approval to go through. Some really solid stuff. Nice work. I have a couple of the Dream Theater and the ZZ Top Tush rigs loaded up right now.

I hope to learn and share a bunch more. Thanks for having me.

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 11/21/14 08:29 AM

Welcome sir and if you decide PT10 is not for you give me a shout! smile

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 11/21/14 11:06 AM

Heh, I'll PROBABLY spring for a PT11 upgrade once they officially support Yosemite, and PT10 will run on my old Win7 box if I want/need it, but if I decide I don't, I'll let you know. wink
Posted by: Jig Dagod

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 11/21/14 09:09 PM

1.whats your name? Jig Dagod

2.where do you live? San Antonio, TX

3.what kinda music you into, and or play? Hip Hop, R&B, Jazz

4.You in a band or just jamming with friends? playing by myself. Learning the bass and electric guitar

5.Whats your most wanted gear [that you don't have yet]? Don't know

6 What is your oldest piece of gear? My Fender Jazz Bass that I got from craiglist a few months back. It was built in 2002

7.What is your most used or favorite guitar you have? All of them. I have a fender acoustic-electric, fender jazz bass and rocketeer electric that I just picked up to learn.

8.Recording gear and or software? Eleven Rack, UAD Apollo and Pro Tools.

9.Other gear worth a mention? Akai MPC Renaissance I use to create my music on

10.the day you got it home what was your first impression of the 11 rack and what do you think now? I loved it! Especially after hooking it up to Pro Tools and seeing that it can easily recall your settings you recorded. That blew my mind. I haven't played with it much since, but I'm really excited about getting to learn it.

11.Whats the best way to get in contact with you? PM me

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 11/22/14 08:59 AM

Nice to have some more new folks here welcome all and I use PT11 on Yosemite and PC and it works fine.... you may want to jump on that upgrade ($199.00 RIGHT NOW!!!) before they stop the sale as for anyone that uses PT it is good all the way back to PT6 so you guys still on PT8 here... NOW is the time!!!

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 11/22/14 09:47 AM

Yes, thought December something it includes updates through 2016 - I have a reminder on my calendar to see how good a boy I've been come Christmas time (just dropped a wad of cash on the MBP, 11R, EZDrummer2, a GoPro, and a few other things, so need to cool the credit card off wink ).

BTW, forresal, nice U2 quote. Big fan, especially of the older stuff.
Posted by: forresal

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 11/22/14 09:51 AM

Originally Posted By: Oblivion

BTW, forresal, nice U2 quote. Big fan, especially of the older stuff.

laugh

Huge fan of the UF era.
Posted by: sparkysimes

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 01/23/15 10:40 AM

1.whats your name? Simon

2.where do you live? Los Angeles, CA (Originally from Australia)

3.what kinda music you into, and or play? Rock, Indie, Jazz, Weird

4.You in a band or just jamming with friends? Recording & writing mostly.

5.Whats your most wanted gear [that you don't have yet]? Lexicon Vortex

6 What is your oldest piece of gear? Alesis Quadraverb

7.What is your most used or favorite guitar you have? Warwick Alien Fretless Acoustic Bass

8.Recording gear and or software? Eleven Rack, RME Babyface & Cubase 8

9.Other gear worth a mention? Warmoth Precision, Fender Jazz, Squier JM Jazzmaster, Baby Taylor Mahogany.

10.the day you got it home what was your first impression of the 11 rack and what do you think now? Didn't like the bass patches at first but have tweaked some decent sounds out of it. Sounds far better (fantastic) on guitar. Have spent the past two days tweaking it and am really impressed.

Posted by: ADF

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 01/23/15 12:44 PM

Originally Posted By: sparkysimes
1.whats your name? Simon

7.What is your most used or favorite guitar you have? Warwick Alien Fretless Acoustic Bass

9.Other gear worth a mention? Warmoth Precision, Fender Jazz, Squier JM Jazzmaster, Baby Taylor Mahogany.

10.the day you got it home what was your first impression of the 11 rack and what do you think now? Didn't like the bass patches at first but have tweaked some decent sounds out of it. Sounds far better (fantastic) on guitar. Have spent the past two days tweaking it and am really impressed.

Welcome sparkysimes!

Your post was a nice stroll down memory lane for me, thanks to you mentioning the Lexicon Vortex and the Quadraverb. Two mainstays in my recording rack before Eleven Rack.

I have three variations of the Quadraverb including the GT, from the days when you needed a separate rack effect for each effect in a mix.

I hooked up my Quadraverb GT for the first time in about 15 to years to see how it sounded compared to later modeling devices (POD, 11R). I was actually surprised how good it sounded, despite bad reviews online.

The effects were good to my ears, though the distortion in the GT left a LOT to be desired. But that highly polished rack sound heard on so many pop records from the 80's and 90's is certainly within its reach.

As for the Vortex, I seem to recall buying very inexpensively as I don't know that it ever caught on. From my recollection I didn't use it much.

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 01/24/15 07:53 AM

Originally Posted By: sparkysimes
1.whats your name? Simon

Welcome
I would like to see some pix!!!
and enjoy your welcome package
Posted by: Briz

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 01/24/15 05:17 PM

1.whats your name? Michael

2.where do you live? Charlotte, NC

3.what kinda music you into, and or play? Hard Rock, Metal, Djent, Progressive Metal, Acoustic

4.You in a band or just jamming with friends? I was in a band for ten years. We were signed to a major, toured with a lot of great bands, and I had a lot of fun. I had to sacrifice other things (delay college, not play college football, get a late start on the real world after it was over, etc.), but I wouldn't trade it for anything. As for now, I'm trying to make the best music I'm capable of in my home studio. I'm finally getting around to recording all of the lost songs and the songs that didn't make the cut in the past.

5.Whats your most wanted gear [that you don't have yet]? I'd give my left foot for the new Ibanez JEM77P that I've seen advertised for the 2015 NAMM. I would also like to get my hands on a Tosin Abasi 8 String, or the Ibanez Jake Bowen.

I'm also dying to try the Kemper Profiler processors. I like the Eleven Rack, a lot, but it constantly sounds like there's a ground loop issue, making many patches useless.

6 What is your oldest piece of gear? My oldest piece is my first guitar: A $99 Harmony guitar that that I received for my 9th birthday in 1987.

7.What is your most used or favorite guitar you have? My Ibanez S770, following closely by my Ibanez RG 450 DX that I upgraded with DiMarzio Evolutions.

8.Recording gear and or software? Pro Tools 10.3.9, Reason 7, Michael Joly Hulk mic, Rode NT1, Shure SM57, Neumann KM 184, Eleven Rack, Line 6, Presonus Eureka, ART Pro VLA II, DBX 166, Mackie MR6mk3 monitors. Seagull Natural Elements Acoustic, Peavey, ESP, Epiphone and Ibanez electric guitars.

9.Other gear worth a mention? Autotune and Melodyne... when I can't find vocalists and I have to settle.

10.the day you got it home what was your first impression of the 11 rack and what do you think now? I'm just now learning to use it, and I'm struggling with re-amping settings, dialing in my perfect tones, and a noisy ground loop sounding buzz on some patches. I'd love it if I could solve the noise issue.

11.Whats the best way to get in contact with you? E-Mail and PM

Thank you for having me!
Posted by: William

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 01/25/15 08:45 PM

1: What's your name? William
2: Where do you live? Leesburg, Georgia
3: What Kind of music? Classic Rock, Southern Rock, Modern Country, Americana.
4: You in a Band or just jamming with friends? In 2 Bands (maybe 4, depending on if active or not).
5: Most wanted gear? That's a toss up. Would love to go wireless.
6: Oldest piece of gear? my 1992 Jackson USA SL2H.
7: Most used or favorite guitar? My Fender American Standard 5-string Bass.
8: Recording gear or software? PT 11.3, Presonus Studio One (Artist)
9: Other gear worth mentioning? I have all sorts of guitars laying around and stored. Got rid of all my non-used stomps a long time ago.
10: First impression of the 11R when I got it home? "Oh boy, lots of neat toys to play with and use!"
11: Best way to contact me? PM
Posted by: Ichil

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 01/28/15 03:36 AM

1.whats your name? Alessandro

2.where do you live? Rome (Italy)

3.what kinda music you into, and or play? I love everything from classical to metal, but i mostly play hard rock and metal these days.

4.You in a band or just jamming with friends? I took a year off from bands to record an EP with some friends, so now I'm mostly recording and writing music at home.

5.Whats your most wanted gear [that you don't have yet]? Brunetti Mercury

6. What is your oldest piece of gear? 1991 Ibanez Jem 77BFP

7.What is your most used or favorite guitar you have? I love them all. smile

8.Recording gear and or software? Eleven Rack, Reaper

9.Other gear worth a mention? Ibanez RGT3020, Ibanez RG570FM, Ibanez Sir27FED, Ibanez RG7420, Brunetti 059, G-major.

10.the day you got it home what was your first impression of the 11 rack and what do you think now? Hated most of the presets, but liked the amp models and the feeling when playing. Satisfied.

11.Whats the best way to get in contact with you? PM

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 01/28/15 06:38 AM

@Briz: what was the name of the band you toured with?

@William: Hey neighbor, I live in Griffin and there is another fella here from Columbus... I have been using a Line 6 G50 for about 3-4 years and it is Awesome and never had a signal issue. (even when I took off running across the feild that time) grin

@Ichil: Your not an "Ibanez guy" cool are you?!?!?!?!

@ALL: pix ,pix,pix we wana see pix!!! if you can't get your personal pix up on here google some that are like yours and post them....

Also you need the Singtal supperpack , get the sample pack and check it out you will love it!!!

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 01/28/15 07:04 AM

@Ichil: Your not an "Ibanez guy" cool are you?!?!?!?!

Who? Me? Naaaaah, I'm a Fender fanboy! smile

Quote:
@ALL: pix ,pix,pix we wana see pix!!! if you can't get your personal pix up on here google some that are like yours and post them....

I'll try to even if I'm the worst photographer ever. wink
Posted by: William

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 01/28/15 08:06 AM

No disposable funds attm. I have been looking, wife knows I'm looking, LOL. Really need to sell off some of my (non-music) stuff and horde the money for another 11R and wireless.
Posted by: Briz

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 01/28/15 09:14 PM

@jaminjimlp... How do I post pics? I'll gladly share. And, the band was Third Degree, which later was changed to Headsick (after members left and there was an ancient band that still held the rights to that name).
Posted by: ahlf

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 02/17/15 09:01 PM

Hi there, my name is Michael im 43 years old and from denmark been playing for about 20 years, on an off that is, and i love it. For me its the best way to relax...

This is the very first guitar custom made for me BLUE

This is the second one and its an tribute to my doughter Frederikke as you will see... im very proud of this guitar Frederikke

Here is the third one Custom made...

got one more but no pics, and gor some stock guitars as well...

Some fooling around and using the eleven rack

This one is custom made as well some fun with the eleven rack

Just me going crazy...

i hope you enjoy... Michael

btw if you wanna hear my Frederikke guitar you can hear it here, im just jamming to a backingtrack
Frederikke guitar

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 02/18/15 07:43 AM

Nice work bro... If you copy the URL of the ones on your jens-h.dk site and use the "enter image" button they will show up here. You are quite good!!! I must say.
Posted by: Doom Fiend

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 02/18/15 05:48 PM

1.whats your name? Curtis

2.where do you live? Texas

3.what kinda music you into, and or play? Classic rock/metal, doom metal, thrash, death metal, fusion, jazz, classical

4.You in a band or just jamming with friends? Ex- semi pro guitarist. I was in a death metal band signed to a label and released two Cd's, toured, etc. Now I just enjoy recording in my own home studio in any genre I'm feeling at the time.

5.Whats your most wanted gear [that you don't have yet]? Where to start...I'm a gearaholic, so too many to name. Probably an Axe-FX and multiple amps/guitars.

6 What is your oldest piece of gear? Nothing too vintage here anymore ( I did have an old Fender combo at one time and an old Gibson SG.- I wish I still had both.) Probably one of many amp heads from the 80's now.

7.What is your most used or favorite guitar you have? Les Paul w/57' classics for 70's rock and ESP w/ EMG's for metal.

8.Recording gear and or software? 11r, POD HD500, Focusrite Scarlett, , Shure 57 and KRK Rokit 5's, Reaper, PC.

9.Other gear worth a mention? Mesa Boogie dual rectifier. Also I hated my Peavey 6534+ head at first, but have coaxed an awesome tone out of it now and it's my go to amp for the occasional live gig.

10.the day you got it home what was your first impression of the 11 rack and what do you think now? I wasn't too impressed until getting Singtall's superpack and downloading user presets here. I'm still trying to find my comfort zone recording and still haven't tried it out in live situations yet.

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 02/19/15 11:10 PM

Welcome and enjoy your welcome pack... I would like to see some pix of that LP though.... wink
Posted by: Ioannes

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 02/20/15 01:56 AM

1.whats your name? Ioannes

2.where do you live? Czech republic, Europe

3.what kinda music you into, and or play? Symphony metal, metal.

4.You in a band or just jamming with friends? Band: Interitus, Ad Gladium.

5.Whats your most wanted gear [that you don't have yet]? I dont know.

6 What is your oldest piece of gear? My old Ibanez guitar, Rocktron MP preamp.

7.What is your most used or favorite guitar you have? Gibson XP, Jolana LP (very nice czech guitar.. really top)

8.Recording gear and or software? 11R, Sonar Producer... all.:O)

9.Other gear worth a mention? Hughes & Kettner Warp X (tube-valve head), Laney TT50H (tube-valve head)

10.the day you got it home what was your first impression of the 11 rack and what do you think now? Nice sounding, but terrible (nighmare) to update higher version. Terrible main output (If I use rig output no cab, it is in main output too). Now I am very happy with this 11R.

11.Whats the best way to get in contact with you? private email.

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 02/20/15 03:05 AM

I'll try to get some pics soon. grin
Posted by: purpix1

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 02/20/15 09:27 PM

Hello All - Newbie here
Name: purpix1
Music: Classic Rock, Blues, Metal and just about anything else EXCEPT RAP (sorry, Geezer here - I come from an era when music meant actual instruments, actual vocals performed live), but I digress.
Band: Ex-working musician (part-time), currently jamming and recording with my 28 yr. old son.
Gear I would most like to have: Am currently learning to play drums. I have a Yamaha electronic set but would love a new high end set. Maybe a Roland or Alesis kit. As for guitar, I would love to be able to afford a new authentic, true Strat. You know, the expensive ones!
Oldest gear: My old $199.00 japanese Strat. Bought years ago before they started calling them Squiers. Have since replaced with a new PRS Santana SE. Love it! But still want a true Strat.
Most used guitar: My PRS Santana SE
Recording gear/software: Just recently purchased the Eleven Rack bundle, so I am now using Pro Tools, but also have Presonus Studio One and an Audiobox 22VSL. Mac mini - core i7 - 16gb - M-Audio BX5 monitors. VOX VT40+ amp. My son plays a PRS Grand Am SE through an Orange CR60.
Other Gear: Yamaha DX430K Drum Set, Simmons DA50 drum amp, Yamaha PSR E443 keyboard.
Eleven Rack Impression: Love the zero latency! Still new to the rack though so still working through all the presets deciding which I like best, and in general still learning how to use it. Sounds fantastic though. Think I'm really gonna like it. I can remember the days when your choice in stomp boxes or effects were limited to a FuzzFace and maybe a CryBaby wah! So all these buttons, knobs and presets are a little overwhelming.
Best contact: E-mail purpix1@comcast.net

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 02/21/15 01:18 PM

New guys don't forget to post some of you tunes and pix!!!
thanks to all that reply.

@purpix1: I have an alesis dm5 it's nice and has served us well... recently got a Roland td11 that bad boy is sweet I have tryed a litle but stopped I need to learn to play them.. my grandson took an interest in it so he has the dm5 in his room now but I want him to play guitar, so maybe in time he will he's 10 now.

@loannes: let us here some of your symphony metal, that reminds me of the band Believer start at about 34min 10sec its cool

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 02/22/15 07:49 AM

@loannes: let us here some of your symphony metal, that reminds me of the band Believer start at about 34min 10sec its cool

I love Believer! The old 80's Christian thrash/crossover bands were the best : Believer, The Crucified, Deliverance, Living Sacrifice..
Posted by: Ioannes

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 02/23/15 01:15 AM

Hi all. I f you want to here some of our CDs, or new records (only some promo quality) go to
https://www.facebook.com/interitusmetal
There is a lot of info about us.
Posted by: lespauled

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 02/24/15 09:19 AM

My name is Lespauled.

My name is derived from:

1) my favorite guitar (at the time): Les Paul
2) how I feel when I hear myself play: appalled.

I've recently passed into that realm where I am closer to 100 than I am to 0. But, while I'm here, I keep playing.

I recently bought an 11R and am currently working through the frustrations of the new box. Figuring out the workings, etc. I've also been checking out the numerous user patches using the standalone editor. I'm beginning to tweak some of them. If I like what I hear, I save it to the 11R.

Mostly I play classic rock.

My influences are:

Ritchie Blackmore (Deep Purple, Rainbow, Blackmore's Night)
George Lynch (Dokken, Lynch Mob, et al)
Posted by: PipeRain

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 02/24/15 11:30 AM

Howdy all!

My name is PipeRain, I smoke a pipe (Not THAT kind) and live in Oregon where it rains. hence, "PipeRain".

I am kicking around the notion of picking up an 11R, not sure whether it'll be to replace, or in addition to, my Boss GT-10. I have been playing into a Marshall AVT150 but picked up a Jackson JS22-7 and am not entirely pleased with how the Marshall handles the longer scale and low B. I'm not really convinced that the GT-10 can do it either. The Marshall handles my sixes really well, gives me a very tight, focused tone, but the 7 just turns to soggy mush. I thinking the 11R might do a bit better, but we'll see.

Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Posted by: MBA

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 02/25/15 04:43 AM

1.whats your name? Michael Andersson

2.where do you live? Rejmyre, Sweden

3.what kinda music you into, and or play? Classic Rock, Blues, Metal

4.You in a band or just jamming with friends? Jamming with friends

5.Whats your most wanted gear [that you don't have yet]? Nothing Really.

6 What is your oldest piece of gear? Art Sgx2000 (Sold Now)

7.What is your most used or favorite guitar you have? Ibanez MTM1

8.Recording gear and or software? Eleven Rack,Studio One

9.Other gear worth a mention? LTD W-600

10.the day you got it home what was your first impression of the 11 rack and what do you think now? I heard of Eleven but did not try it out when it came out,Got me an Boss Gt100 diden like the ampsims, got me an POD HD500X, better but not easy to dial in a tone, bought a used Eleven and got the tone direct no hazzle, awesome piece of gear IMO.

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 02/25/15 05:08 AM

Originally Posted By: lespauled

I've recently passed into that realm where I am closer to 100 than I am to 0. But, while I'm here, I keep playing.

me too just last week

Originally Posted By: PipeRain

I am kicking around the notion of picking up an 11R,

Dude just get it, you won't be sorry.

Originally Posted By: MBA

6 What is your oldest piece of gear? Art Sgx2000 (Sold Now)

I still got mine, had it since 92' there is another guy here that has one too.

Welcome 11R bro's!!!
Posted by: Cem

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 04/15/15 02:27 PM

1.whats your name? Cem

2.where do you live? London UK

3.what kinda music you into, and or play? Country, Blues, Rock, Jazz

4.You in a band or just jamming with friends? In a band

5.Whats your most wanted gear [that you don't have yet]? Quite happy what I've got but always searching for a tone smile

6 What is your oldest piece of gear? My 25 year old Strat and Rat2

7.What is your most used or favorite guitar you have? My Tele with HipShot

8.Recording gear and or software? Eleven Rack, Logic

9.Other gear worth a mention? Giant pedal board and Peavey Delta Blues

10.the day you got it home what was your first impression of the 11 rack and what do you think now? I love it just got too busy at work so didn't have a chance to push it to the limits as yet... I want to try my blues harp and bulit mic on it too smile

11.Whats the best way to get in contact with you? Just PM me smile

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 04/15/15 09:00 PM

Hey Cem!!! got some pix... we love pix of gear!

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 04/16/15 01:16 AM

Will put up some pics over the weekend no worries smile

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 04/16/15 03:21 AM

As promised long time ago here are some pix!
My Ibanez army:

* RGT3020:
[img]https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/h...4bd576d3cc8bf10[/img]

* Jem BFP:

* RG570:

* Rg7420:
[img]https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/h...87f201368f23218[/img]

* Sir27:

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 04/17/15 06:46 AM

Those are VERY NICE!!! my friend.
Posted by: Pat

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 04/17/15 05:44 PM

Hi all, my name is Pat from Albert, Canada. I'm the guitar player in out 3 piece cover band. I am new to the Eleven Rack and can't be more pleased!! Been a tube amp snob for years but this thing is plain deadly! For guitars I'm running a PRS 24 Floyd, an ESP Eclipse and a Fender Tele, all are loaded with EMG's. My main rig is now the Eleven rack through the board. If I get the urge I'll run it into a Velocity 300 and then to my Mesa 2x12 but that is rare as I enjoy flipping cabs depending on my mood, that and it sounds killer through the PA.

Anyway, looking forward to talking about things!!

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 04/17/15 07:44 PM

Here is one I've found smile

Posted by: Bojan

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 04/18/15 02:02 PM

Another one in the House ...arrived for 2 months

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 04/19/15 01:59 PM

VERY NICE!!!

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 05/10/15 05:55 PM

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 06/02/15 07:19 AM

just noticed that my photos were private so not sure they were visible by anyone therefore I post hem again...

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 06/03/15 04:44 AM

I think you could get one more peddle on that foot board.... LOL
cool rig bro! thanks for the pix
Posted by: brockdavisson

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 06/19/15 08:47 AM

1.whats your name? Brock "Brockstar" Davisson. I'm 36, in wheelchair and play over the top of fretboard due to my wrists not working right. Won 3 guitar competitions and ready to enter another soon to hopefully win etc.. I'm 4'4" tall only as well. Find videos of me here https://www.youtube.com/user/BrockDavisson1978

3.what kinda music you into, and or play? Blues mainly, but love a bit of country, jazz, rock and metal as well. I'm not racist against any of it lol.

4.You in a band or just jamming with friends? Haven't been in a real band in 4 years, these days just jamming by myself and friends off and on for now.

5.Whats your most wanted gear [that you don't have yet]? I don't know... i'm always changing gear lol. I WANT IT ALL muahahaha

6 What is your oldest piece of gear? Probably this: not sure, can't keep anything around long enough to call it old haha.

7.What is your most used or favorite guitar you have? Right now just my PRS SE CUSTOM 24

8.Recording gear and or software? 11 rack and reaper

9.Other gear worth a mention? line 6 m13

10.the day you got it home what was your first impression of the 11 rack and what do you think now? It's only been a week or so and I'm still at the middle right now. Not hating but now entirely impressed yet.

11.Whats the best way to get in contact with you? Message me here or find me on facebook or youtube by typing in "brock davisson" wink

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 06/19/15 12:07 PM

Originally Posted By: brockdavisson
1.whats your name? Brock "Brockstar" Davisson. I'm 36, in wheelchair and play over the top of fretboard due to my wrists not working right. Won 3 guitar competitions and ready to enter another soon to hopefully win etc.. I'm 4'4" tall only as well. Find videos of me here https://www.youtube.com/user/BrockDavisson1978

11.Whats the best way to get in contact with you? Message me here or find me on facebook or youtube by typing in "brock davisson" wink

Welcome Brock & I checked out your videos & love what you do buddy!

Enjoy the great tones of the Eleven Rack & again "Welcome"!

Peace! X-Mann \m/

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 06/19/15 12:23 PM

3.what kinda music you into, and or play? Blues mainly, but love a bit of country, jazz, rock and metal as well. I'm not racist against any of it lol.

4.You in a band or just jamming with friends? Haven't been in a real band in 4 years, these days just jamming by myself and friends off and on for now.

5.Whats your most wanted gear [that you don't have yet]? I don't know... i'm always changing gear lol. I WANT IT ALL muahahaha

6 What is your oldest piece of gear? Probably this: not sure, can't keep anything around long enough to call it old haha.

7.What is your most used or favorite guitar you have? Right now just my PRS SE CUSTOM 24

8.Recording gear and or software? 11 rack and reaper

9.Other gear worth a mention? line 6 m13

10.the day you got it home what was your first impression of the 11 rack and what do you think now? It's only been a week or so and I'm still at the middle right now. Not hating but now entirely impressed yet.

wellcome bro brock! wink

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 06/20/15 08:56 AM

Welcome bro!!! Youl wan't to get the Singtall super pack for sure here is the sample pack if your lookin for a particular tone just post a video or a song and you will get some help getting.

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 06/20/15 10:39 AM

Welcome Brock & I checked out your videos & love what you do buddy!

Enjoy the great tones of the Eleven Rack & again "Welcome"!

Peace! X-Mann \m/

+1

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 06/20/15 10:53 AM

Wow Brock that's great stuff! Welcome to the forum...
Posted by: brockdavisson

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 06/20/15 12:16 PM

Thank you all :] very nice place here, and i did end up getting the singtall super pack laugh just haven't messed with it yet.
Posted by: Cpiz88

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 06/26/15 10:42 AM

I'm new to the 11R and would love if somebody could share the Sweetwater presets with me.

1.whats your name? Carlo

2.where do you live? Washington D.C. area

3.what kinda music you into, and or play? Electronic Rock

4.You in a band or just jamming with friends? myenemycomplete.com

5.Whats your most wanted gear [that you don't have yet]? Mesa Road King

6 What is your oldest piece of gear? Early 90's Custom Shop Telecaster

7.What is your most used or favorite guitar you have? A toss up between my Custom Shop Tele and Gretsch Duo Jet

8.Recording gear and or software? Focusrite Saffire PRO 26 and Cubase Pro

9.Other gear worth a mention? 2 Mesa Boogie Tremoverbs

10.the day you got it home what was your first impression of the 11 rack and what do you think now? Couldn't believe how ampy it sounded and felt, very pleased.

11.Whats the best way to get in contact with you? email

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 06/29/15 08:19 AM

Originally Posted By: Cpiz88
I'm new to the 11R and would love if somebody could share the Sweetwater presets with me.

1.whats your name? Carlo

2.where do you live? Washington D.C. area

3.what kinda music you into, and or play? Electronic Rock

4.You in a band or just jamming with friends? myenemycomplete.com

5.Whats your most wanted gear [that you don't have yet]? Mesa Road King

6 What is your oldest piece of gear? Early 90's Custom Shop Telecaster

7.What is your most used or favorite guitar you have? A toss up between my Custom Shop Tele and Gretsch Duo Jet

8.Recording gear and or software? Focusrite Saffire PRO 26 and Cubase Pro

9.Other gear worth a mention? 2 Mesa Boogie Tremoverbs

10.the day you got it home what was your first impression of the 11 rack and what do you think now? Couldn't believe how ampy it sounded and felt, very pleased.

Hey don't worry about those sweetwater presets.... get the "singtall superpack" its way better!!!
thanks for the post and welcome to the forum .... also show us some pix of your gear!
Posted by: Cpiz88

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 07/06/15 02:05 PM

Thanks I got the Singtall Superpack, so far so good.
Posted by: Jvibrio3

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 08/07/15 01:42 PM

1.whats your name? Joey

2.where do you live? St. Pete, Florida

3.what kinda music you into, and or play? Rock, Alternative, Metal, Indie

4.You in a band or just jamming with friends? No band right now frown

5.Whats your most wanted gear [that you don't have yet]? Engl Tube Power Amp

6 What is your oldest piece of gear? Ibanez Gio starter

7.What is your most used or favorite guitar you have? My green LTD MH-1000 deluxe guitar

8.Recording gear and or software? Eleven Rack with protools 10

9.Other gear worth a mention? Amp Gizmo, Midimate, Electro Harmonix 44 magnum power amp

I instantly liked it and immediately made it apart of my rig. Originally I got it to record at home and used my main rig for rehearsal and shows. But then it slowly crept its way into my rack rig replacing my old Digitech DSP 256xL as my effects unit then it replaced my Engl E530 and has since downsized my rig.

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 08/07/15 10:28 PM

Welcome to the forum bro
Posted by: deerfly

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 08/18/15 08:23 AM

1.whats your name? eric

2.where do you live? west central florida

3.what kinda music you into, and or play? Blues & Rock mostly, but will noodle around with what ever interests me at the moment. Primarily like to figure out bit's and pieces of all sorts of songs, usually don't have the attention span to get through a whole song end to end.

4.You in a band or just jamming with friends? haven't played in a band since around 1978-9, just a closet hack these days

5.Whats your most wanted gear [that you don't have yet]? All the guitars I've sold over the years (you won't miss the money, but you will miss the guitars...)

6 What is your oldest piece of gear? me

7.What is your most used or favorite guitar you have? 91 american deluxe strat, lace sensor golds

9.Other gear worth a mention? Mesa Boogie Studio 22

amazing, astoundingly amazing for the money, recording and sound versatility even more amazing, would have killed to have this sort of thing in the mid 70's.

11.Whats the best way to get in contact with you? send money

--------------------------------------
My MO: As a kid I aspired to Hendrix, Jeff Beck and Larry Carlton mostly and fusion players coming up. After many years of floating between local bands and gigs and not really getting anywhere, I gave up and went back to college and ended up as a software engineer.

Not a particularly prolific player since then or now. With work and family I'm lucky to noodle a few hours a month. Always plan/intend to do more, esp since lurking around here and other online forums, but never do. Some of you guys are just amazingly talented. It's a lot of fun to see how many guys out there can really play that aren't touring pro's.

Anyway, hopefully after getting a little courage to put some stuff out and maybe getting a little more active on this forum I'll get some more stuff recorded...

about a year ago:
https://soundcloud.com/deerfly59lpri/dont-take-me-alive-intro

prodded into doing this past weekend by some fishing buddies and professional drinkers that suck at guitar more than I do. smile
https://vimeo.com/136445195 enjoyed doing this one so much I'm inspired to learn the song better and re-do it...

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 08/18/15 08:36 AM

well bro you made me laugh... sure would like to see so pix of your stuff... Welcome to the forum bro!!!

Originally Posted By: deerfly
1.whats your name? eric

2.where do you live? west central florida

3.what kinda music you into, and or play? Blues & Rock mostly, but will noodle around with what ever interests me at the moment. Primarily like to figure out bit's and pieces of all sorts of songs, usually don't have the attention span to get through a whole song end to end.

4.You in a band or just jamming with friends? haven't played in a band since around 1978-9, just a closet hack these days

5.Whats your most wanted gear [that you don't have yet]? All the guitars I've sold over the years (you won't miss the money, but you will miss the guitars...)

6 What is your oldest piece of gear? me

7.What is your most used or favorite guitar you have? 91 american deluxe strat, lace sensor golds

9.Other gear worth a mention? Mesa Boogie Studio 22

amazing, astoundingly amazing for the money, recording and sound versatility even more amazing, would have killed to have this sort of thing in the mid 70's.

11.Whats the best way to get in contact with you? send money

--------------------------------------
My MO: As a kid I aspired to Hendrix, Jeff Beck and Larry Carlton mostly and fusion players coming up. After many years of floating between local bands and gigs and not really getting anywhere, I gave up and went back to college and ended up as a software engineer.

Not a particularly prolific player since then or now. With work and family I'm lucky to noodle a few hours a month. Always plan/intend to do more, esp since lurking around here and other online forums, but never do. Some of you guys are just amazingly talented. It's a lot of fun to see how many guys out there can really play that aren't touring pro's.

Anyway, hopefully after getting a little courage to put some stuff out and maybe getting a little more active on this forum I'll get some more stuff recorded...

about a year ago:
https://soundcloud.com/deerfly59lpri/dont-take-me-alive-intro

prodded into doing this past weekend by some fishing buddies and professional drinkers that suck at guitar more than I do. smile
https://vimeo.com/136445195 enjoyed doing this one so much I'm inspired to learn the song better and re-do it...

Posted by: SaberDave

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 08/18/15 12:38 PM

Hey all!

1. What's your name? Dave

2. Where do you live? So Cal

3. What kinda music you into, and or play? Rock, Hard Rock, Older Metal, Folk/Songwriter, Classical

4.You in a band or just jamming with friends? Just started getting back into things after many years off, started playing with people the last few weeks.

5. What's your most wanted gear [that you don't have yet]? At this moment the Frakenstrat and SRV replicas from MCG Mills guitars, that guy does some amazing work.

6 What is your oldest piece of gear? My first guitar. 1980ish Yamaha Enterna acoustic.

7.What is your most used or favorite guitar you have? Gibson Les Paul Trad.

8.Recording gear and or software? Eleven Rack with Protools 12, EZ MIX, EX Drummer

9. Other gear worth a mention? Many other guitars, Egnator Rebel 30, JCM 900 Stereo Combo

10. The day you got it home what was your first impression of the 11 rack and what do you think now? I loved it the first day I got it. But was only playing every once in awhile. Now getting back into things more seriously it is bittersweet. I love it even more especially from learning form you all how to use it better, but now its not being updated do to business choices at Avid. I mean really? There is nothing at this price point now, the closest is the helix stuff i guess at 1,400. Makes no sense.

But It sounds good today and it will sound good tomorrow.

11.Whats the best way to get in contact with you? PM me here.
Posted by: COTstudio

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 08/18/15 06:44 PM

Very cool gear.
Posted by: SaberDave

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 08/19/15 03:49 PM

Thx definately more to list lol. Much GAS here.

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 08/19/15 11:11 PM

Welcome Dave, lets see some pix!!!

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 10/11/15 12:30 AM

Zombie Thread Resurrection!

1.whats your name? Phil Webb

2.where do you live? Salem, Oregon

3.what kinda music you into, and or play? Easier to list some stuff I like. Megadeth, Rush, Billie Holiday, GLenn Miller, Thelonious Monk, Satriani (Engines of Creation & Super Colossal), Believer, Thresher, The Prodigy etc. Stuff I don't like? Slayer, Metallica, Death metal and beyond, most pop, all rap (Save one Eminem tune), country (Well, except maybe Dwight Yoakum in very small doses) and "Praise & Worship".

4.You in a band or just jamming with friends? For the most part I play to a completely unimpressed dog and a very tolerant and patient wife. I do play at church now and again, which makes the whole "P&W" thing rather odd.

5.Whats your most wanted gear [that you don't have yet]? Kicking around the idea of a G-Major and a Dead Horse or Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive.

6 What is your oldest piece of gear? My "Hubcap on a tractor tire" project. A Squier "Strat" that I swapped out the pickups for Seymour Duncan Hot LiveWires, the tuners for Planet Waves Lockers, the old bridge for a two-post trem and the string trees, nut and saddles for Graph-tech. Did everything but but the trem posts myself, including routing for a 2 X 9v battery box on the back. Freehand with a Dremel no less. crazy

7.What is your most used or favorite guitar you have? Most used: LTD MH400 neck-thru with Mustaine Live Wires or Ibby S520ex with Parallel Axis Trembuckers. The fact that the LiveWires are Mustaine signatures is more than just a little off-putting, but they are amazing pickups. They are the most versatile pickups I have ever heard.

8.Recording gear and or software? Just the Pro Tools that came with the 11R, which I have yet to unwrap and install.

9.Other gear worth a mention? WAAAAAAY more than my meager skills would justify!

10.the day you got it home what was your first impression of the 11 rack and what do you think now? "Where's the sound?" Followed shortly by "HOLY CRAP THIS THING KILLS!" Then I got Singtall's Superpack and I've been in Tone Heaven since.

11.Whats the best way to get in contact with you? PM me for an email address.
Posted by: Downrazor11

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 10/11/15 12:42 PM

Welcome Phil, let us know if we can help!

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 10/12/15 12:05 AM

Welcome brother!!! I like the squire it looks great!!!

never though about using the dremel tool like a router. I need to make a battery box for one or 2 of mine.

Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! - 10/12/15 10:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Downrazor11
Welcome Phil, let us know if we can help!

Oh trust me, when I get ready to fire up PT and start actually trying to record I'll be badgering the heck out of everyone. I am a complete n00b.

Welcome brother!!! I like the squire it looks great!!!

never though about using the dremel tool like a router. I need to make a battery box for one or 2 of mine.

Thanks man! I would recommend using as large of a standard bit as you can get you hands on and wrap it with masking tape so that only a slightly length slightly shorter than your target depth is exposed. The, slowly and gently drill out the four corners of your battery box. (You did mark the box out on the paint right?), then use a paddle bit to CAREFULLY remove a slightly shallower amount out of the middle of the box area. Remember the "Spike" in the middle of the bit so that you don't accidentally punch through the front.

Handy tech tip: if you're doing it on a strat, put your box on the backside behind the pickguard so that if you do punch through, no one knows but you.

Once you have augured out most of the wood, use coarse wood burrs to finish up. I screwed up on mine and didn't tape off the routed area and accidentally scuffed the paint. Lesson learned #2. frown

Be patient, that Dremel will heat up often and if you push very hard at all the burr shaft WILL bend. Ask me how I know. Lesson learned #3.

Anyway, here is the finished product in all it's sketchy glory.