Another Friend Buys Orange!

Posted by: Corey James

Another Friend Buys Orange! - 01/03/13 09:24 PM

Today one of my favorite former students had an 11R delivered!

I wanted to ask you guys how many people you've turned onto this box.

For my 'RL crew' it started with:

Kevin (River of Thorns)
Me (yeah, that band name again!)
Eric (great friend, great player)
Dan (former student, great friend and CJ Patriot owner, occasionally sends me mp3's of original music)
Jordan (former student, great friend, surprises me with killer orginal mp3's from time to time) and now:
Brian - who took delivery today! (another former student, great friend, and another who surprises me with killer orginal mp3's from time to time

This list pales in comparison to the amount of guys who have bought the eleven rack from the youtube vids of VSA, etc. However, these are all purchases from people I know who have had hands on experience with the eleven and made the jump afterward.

I sent an email to these guys before posting this, so here's hoping they'll jump into the forum and become active members here.

(I also just realized I have access to six eleven racks.... if I called X-Mann, possibly 7!)
Posted by: X-Mann

Re: Another Friend Buys Orange! - 01/04/13 03:54 AM

It's hard to say for certain.......I've only had 1 direct e-mail from a guy telling me that he bought one............but I've had a few fellow forum members tell me that some of my videos helped out..........I know that Andrew's (VSA's) Youtube video has probably sold the most.....followed by the grand daddy of Rig creators Bennoni for Metal players.........That guy might be a very close second........That guys an EQ genius........I still use a lot of his Rigs for my core amp tones.....DJE probably had a big effect too.......He practically "Owns" the Dream Theater/Boogie/Petrucci type of tone around here....I'm sure MRJ had a good "Balance" of his faithful followers chime in as well as Mr Mike too as well as intellishred's disciples...... smirk

Nice job on the sales, now turn these kids onto the forum........& "Boom" goes the dynamite!

Great new thread.....
Posted by: Jase2112

Re: Another Friend Buys Orange! - 01/04/13 05:54 AM

I may have possibly converted one guitar player who plays in a local cover band that does mostly 80's hard rock and some newer material. He's playing through a Marshall TSL head...but what's odd is he only uses the clean channel and the reverb and gets the majority of his sound from a Boss GT-10 - including all his distortion, effects, etc.?

He was at our last gig and was pretty amazed that I could get some many "warm, tube-like" tones from the 11R running straight into the PA. He uses a Marshall 4x12 that he mics for gigs. I listened to his band at a gig recently and though I liked his tone - I like what the 11R does WAY more:)
Posted by: mikefont

Re: Another Friend Buys Orange! - 01/04/13 06:10 AM

In the early days, I had a few compliments on a couple of rigs that I made, but there's no way I could say for sure that it influenced ANYONE to actually buy an 11R, so I probably haven't myself.

But yeah, VSA & Benoni are the first ones that come to mind for me in that regard.

Although I HAVE preached the gospel of the Orange Box to a few friends...one in particular really, really wants one, but hasn't had the free cash to get one as his wife & 3 daughters have dibs on his wallet! Sucks for him! sick