Question for 11prom users

Posted by: Culpster

Question for 11prom users - 07/01/11 02:41 PM

[img]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/163/elevenrackstickerscopy.jpg/[/img]

I am making stickers for my FCB1010 board, does the WAH only
operate in EF mode? Or does that switch turn the WAH off and on with presets that integrate it?

Sorry, I am waiting for my Midi cables to show up and cannot experiment on my own.
Thanks,
Culpster
Posted by: mikefont

Re: Question for 11prom users - 07/01/11 08:38 PM

Yes, that is an on-off switch for the Wah, and it can be used in all modes!

And those decals look killer! You plan on sharing those with us bro????? grin

Re: Question for 11prom users - 07/01/11 08:49 PM

Send me your email to tculpster@yahoo.com, I'll see that you get the file. Didn't think anyone else would want em.

Re: Question for 11prom users - 07/01/11 08:58 PM

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

THis is what I have so far, not sure how it will print. May change it up a bit. Hoping all the controls are correct. Can you check it on your pedal? Are they all correct?

Re: Question for 11prom users - 07/01/11 09:32 PM

This is the vision. OF course, mine won't glow though
Posted by: ashasha

Re: Question for 11prom users - 07/01/11 11:10 PM

You do realize just how awesome that would look if you painted it orange right? wink

I made my own labels a few years ago, but I went the small, factory route. I just made black labels that went over the numbers and stuff....it works, but it sure isn't that fancy.

Re: Question for 11prom users - 07/02/11 10:24 AM

I'm not sure that I would ever paint it orange. Too much work for something that I'm going to step on. I may make some stickers for above the wah and volume, but that is probably the end of it for me. I just didn't want to have to remember what was what when switching modes. Now that I am looking at it, looks like the FX1, FX2, and FX Loop, and tap tempo lettering needs to be larger.
Posted by: Str@man

Re: Question for 11prom users - 07/02/11 10:47 AM

WOW!!! That is beautiful dude, good job!

Re: Question for 11prom users - 07/03/11 10:30 AM

I don't think you would want to put them on the pedals themselves. Being stickers, they would look terrible after about 2 shows. I am planning on printing mine out on magnetic sheets. Anybody have any experience with magnetic sheet labels?
Still not sold 100% on these yet. I may alter a bit and make the surface area a little smaller. I don't think there would be an issue with sliding since they are pretty much inbetween pedals.
Any ideas?

I would also love to get a high resolution scan of the eleven rack log, if someone finds one, let me know.
Posted by: Jase2112

Re: Question for 11prom users - 07/03/11 02:53 PM

Found this new site through another forum that I belong to...looks pretty cool - www.pedalboardlabels.com.

Re: Question for 11prom users - 07/03/11 03:33 PM

Saw that one also. Was not impressed with the options, that's why I made my own. Once I have this 100%, those using the 11prom can have mine for free.

Re: Question for 11prom users - 07/04/11 11:08 AM

Still nobody can verify the labels are correct? My midi cables don't show until the 7th. If I can get these verified, I could be send out to those requested in a day or 2.

Re: Question for 11prom users - 07/05/11 07:21 AM

How about Rig 1, 2, 3, 4? I always think of a bank as a group of 4 rigs? However, that might be a product of past modeling experience.

Re: Question for 11prom users - 07/06/11 11:22 AM

I'm on vacation next week and should be finalizing the file and sending out.
Posted by: dnumde

Re: Question for 11prom users - 07/06/11 08:20 PM

I think it's a brilliant design Culpster! Hopefully I'm not too late to the discussion, if you don't mind a couple of inputs of course.

For pedal no. 5, which says Wah. You might wanna put Wah on the top half, and the lower half to read Multi-FX. This is in accordance to the latest 11PROM v1.3, since when Wah is disengaged....the exp pedal will be functioning as a Multi-FX control.

I second the idea of labeling Rig 1 to 4, which is generic but still useful for everyone.

Re: Question for 11prom users - 07/08/11 12:40 PM

Good Point, Changes are being made

Re: Question for 11prom users - 07/08/11 03:11 PM

Last chance to look it over. This is the final version. Give some thumbs up if everything is covered. I will adjust size tomorrow and send the file out if everybody is alright with the final version.
Posted by: aussiebail

Re: Question for 11prom users - 07/10/11 07:08 AM

I have been thinking about this a lot lately as well. Why doesnt Avid make a controller specifically for the 11r? I would love to see an orange and black controller that looks just like the 11r. I am not that familiar with the behrenger controller and the design above looks great, but I am sure that if avid put the time into it, they could make a Controller that worked for the 11rack rather than trying to rework an existing pedal. I would love for someone to create a page for us to vote on it so Avid could see what we want/need. After seeing the release of the effects update, they do listen to us.
Posted by: moff40

Re: Question for 11prom users - 07/10/11 02:33 PM

I've said the same thing. Something that maps perfectly to the functions of the 11R, without having to do a tap dance to get there...

It should have:

Switches - all silver "stomp-style" like GCP, NOT silent switches like the FCB:
4 for patch changes
8 for stomps (each capable of transmitting multiple CCs)
2 for bank up/down
4 for relay switching (for amp switching)

It should also have 2 expression pedals, one with toe switch for wah (or at least the capability to support this as a minimum).

A large alphanumeric display (this is possible even without two-way communications, it would just need to be manually programmed, or maybe with a graphical editor). If 2-way comms becomes possible, then a tuner would be great, but if not, I have no problem reading a tuner in my rack.

The connections panel should include MIDI in\out jacks, 4 relay switch jacks, 2 extra expression pedal jacks (over and above any volume\wah\toe switch capability noted above), to accommodate other switching or multi-FX control.

Obviously, all users won't use all of those functions or capabilities at once, but many of us would certainly use 75-80% of them, and all of us in different combinations. The simple fact that I COULD do everything from one controller would be a godsend.

Fractal has a board for their product, and it might be the answer for 11R users looking for more than the FCB1010 or the GCP offers, but won't break the bank like a Bradshaw. It seems to be more in line, price-wise, with the Liquid Foot Pro.

And while I'm on the topic of the Fractal controller, am I the only one who sees a striking similarity between the Fractal MFC-101 and the now discontinued Axess FX-1 (it even sounds similar to AxeFX)? Makes me wonder if the guy from Axess Electronics sold to Fractal, or perhaps shut down his own operations in order to design for Fractal?

The FCB is about $150, the GCP about $400, and Liquid Foot Pro\Fractal MFC-101 ~$800. I'd happily pay a little bit more for a pedal that would do everything I could want - say $900 without expression pedals or $950 with them.
Posted by: aussiebail

Re: Question for 11prom users - 07/10/11 05:54 PM

Yea plug n play! I know there would be more involved, but I think the face plate of the 11r would be design of the controller. Switch out the buttons for stomp switches. 2 pedals for sure. 1 for overall volume and switchable for other parameters, the 2nd for the wah and switchable for adding effects. Having a lockout feature on the volume pedal would be great too.

I'm going to have to get serious about this and add it to my family's nightly prayers....Certainly he will answer my kids prayers!

Re: Question for 11prom users - 07/11/11 07:04 AM

Hey Culpster,

I see that I'm a bit late in this response, but those look AWESOME! Great job bro!

Re: Question for 11prom users - 07/13/11 08:27 PM

I wonder if anyone has access to shops that can print these incredible labels with magnetic backing. It'll be kickass to have a set of these!

Re: Question for 11prom users - 07/14/11 06:10 AM

Originally Posted By: dnumde
I wonder if anyone has access to shops that can print these incredible labels with magnetic backing. It'll be kickass to have a set of these!

I probably shouldn't open up this can of worms, but I am the production manager for a screen printing company. I was thinking about making magnetic labels with these JUST LIKE you mentioned!

It's possible that I could arrange to have some made up, but I would either have to do it on the side without any prying eyes looking around, or get the CEO's approval to do them...so I cannot promise anything.
BUT....I'll see if it can be done. He's generally pretty cool at letting me do one off kinda stuff for personal use. But to do a bunch of them for free to share with everyone here, he might squash that request and say no. Now if I was to purchase the magnetic material and the label stock, then he probably wouldn't have a problem with it...but now were talkin out of pocket money shocked

Posted by: CaryDad

Re: Question for 11prom users - 07/14/11 06:33 AM

I made some for my axe-fx. Magnetic sheets that will run through an ink jet. Turns out my 40+ eyes can't see the labels in the dimm light, so I made larger text out of glow-in-the-dark injet paper. Sort of messes with the cool graphics mojo, but they are more useable now. Bottom line-you can make what you want-or there are folks that sell them. Kicktags or someting like that.

The sheets are a bit thick and somewhat of a pain to get fed. The other end-because they arent THAT thick, they don't stick on there quite as well as I would like. A little thin double stick tape would fix that, but i havent gotten around to it yet.

The real work is getting the template made so you can paste your own text/graphics/whatever onto the labels you want. Someone had done that on the axe forum, so it was all downhill from there. I doubt I would have had the patience otherwise(not that cutting all of those out was enjoyable!)

Re: Question for 11prom users - 07/14/11 07:47 PM

Originally Posted By: mikefont
[quote=dnumde]
It's possible that I could arrange to have some made up, but I would either have to do it on the side without any prying eyes looking around, or get the CEO's approval to do them...so I cannot promise anything.
BUT....I'll see if it can be done. He's generally pretty cool at letting me do one off kinda stuff for personal use. But to do a bunch of them for free to share with everyone here, he might squash that request and say no. Now if I was to purchase the magnetic material and the label stock, then he probably wouldn't have a problem with it...but now were talkin out of pocket money shocked

Hey Mike, I understand your position. May I suggest this,

- For those interested, we submit our names into a thread

- Set a cut-off date *and be firm about it!*

- Pool in the dough required for printing and materials

- Settle our shipping through you, and everyone chips in extra money for your time, effort and gas to post it out

- I also suggest that Culpster gets a free set of these labels, with the costs split between all of us who's ordering. That should be very manageable and as a way of saying thank you to him for the brilliant designs.

This way, you may be able to propose the idea to your CEO that it's a one off. Cover costs and hopefully he's cool. I would rather that you seek approval than do it on the sly or after hours, not too good if you get into trouble doing this for us.

If he gives the green light, then we can begin discussing on what labels to use and stuff like that smile

I would like to make this clear, that in no way it is an obligation for you to fulfill this for us. Suggestions or improvements if anyone's keen!

Re: Question for 11prom users - 07/15/11 01:43 AM

OK.........Final version.
You should be able to right click and save as. ( First click on the thumbnail, then enlarge on the imageshack website. Then right click and save )
I have sized them accordingly, but that was done in Photoshop.
Best to print out a copy first, you may have to slightly reduce size, and I do me slightly reduce. Anyone can use these as they see fit.(Within reason of course) I would love the magnetic idea if it goes through.
Let me know I can provide the RGB files if needed for screen printing.

Hope everyone enjoys, sorry it took so long. I have had alot of tunes to learn for the new band, patches to create, blah, blah, blah...You all know the drill. Send some pics of ideas that you used to utilize these. That would be cool to see.

Re: Question for 11prom users - 07/15/11 05:42 AM

These are really nice. I'd pay for a set.
Posted by: druryja

Re: Question for 11prom users - 07/19/11 05:08 PM

Great Job with those !! Be nice to have those for the Ground Control Pro ....

You probably could Market those !!!

Jim,

Re: Question for 11prom users - 07/19/11 05:38 PM

Unfortunately,
I don't have a Ground control that I could use to make the correct measurements and see how the 11r works with it. If anybody would like to donate the $499 pedal to me, I would gladly make you a set of $10 stickers in trade LOL. I might even take them and have them printed on magnetic paper to exceed your expectations. <sarcasm>Just send me an email and I'll get started on 'em <sarcasm>

Seriously, If there are enough takers and someone can get the dimensions required. I could maybe charge $10.00 for the entire set and buy the pedal. Somehow, I doubt that would work.
But an idea all the same. I think that I could make a set that many would find pretty cool.

Re: Question for 11prom users - 07/20/11 08:10 AM

Printed these out on some glow in the dark paper that I had left over from the AXE labels. So the "white" parts glow. Would be even cooler if the yellow text was "white" so nothing printed there either-makes the glow effect more prounounced. These look just sick on the pedalboard. I'll grab a pic and upload it.

Re: Question for 11prom users - 07/20/11 12:44 PM

I'll send you a set with the yellow as white. Would love to see the pics
Posted by: SteelDragon72

Re: Question for 11prom users - 03/12/12 01:14 PM

I know this is an old topic, but I just wanted to say thanks for making the 11R decals. They look great.
Posted by: Symbology

Re: Question for 11prom users - 04/07/12 03:50 PM

Wow, these are pretty cool. Good job.