Hey chaps, and chapettes,
I need a little advice regarding my amp setup.
I currently run my 11r exclusively at home for recording and practice, running it into my stereo via laptop, however I am hankering to get back into a band and if not gig ( God forbid) I am looking at rehearsing as a full band, soooooo
I have a Marshall 1981 JCM800 50 watt combo 1x12 ( I love this type of amp for portability and usable power) it's a beast however the 11r and the JCM don't play nice together, the ethos of the JCM is driving it to hell, but as its a single channel no fx loop, no reverb vintage amp, it's hard to link up with the eleven, it also doesn't take pedals well, either virtual or hardware.
I have my eye on an Engl Screamer 50 50 watts, 1x12 vintage 30 speaker, 4 modes ( clean, crunch, soft lead and heavy lead) reverb, fx loop with a series parallel blend control and midi.........
So my dilemma is, I can only afford the Engl if I sell/px the Marshall. Should I?
The Marshall is vintage and possibly worth something in the future, but the Engl is useable right now and has the best connectivity to the 11r ( 4 cable method, midi etc etc)
Thoughts???