Hey guys,

I thought that I would share my latest guitar build with yall. It's a Esquire/Telecaster initially kind of inspired by of some of the Esquires that Billy Gibbons has been using like this one here ...but not really... crazy

It has a Swamp Ash body from Warmoth , with all of the comfortable contours & single humbucker pickup route.

Going for a amber/honey kind of color, I started with StewMac ColorTone Vintage Amber stain for the body, then used ReRanch Sand & Sealer nitrocellulose lacquer to protect the stain. Sanded that down a touch, then used ColorTone Ash grain filler with Tobacco Brown stain added to darken the color to get a nice contrast and have the grain stand out. After sanding and getting the grain just right, I then sealed the guitar using 3 coats of Birchwood Casey Tru-Oil, then 3 coats of Birchwood Casey Gun Stock Wax (buffing between each coat).
Needless to say, I was THRILLED with how the body turned out! The oil/wax finished body feel outstanding! And the grain in the Ash catches the light at certain angles, and it almost shines!

The Gotoh bridge is loaded with a Seymour Duncan 78 Model custom shop humbucker, and I then finished the body off with a Black Pearloid pickguard and Dunlop straplocks.

The neck is a Warmoth Pro Roasted Maple quatersawn neck (raw with no finish) with compound radius 10"-16" fretboard, 6105 Stainless frets, 1 5/8" Black TUSQ Earvana nut, and standard thin back. The tuners are Schaller Locking Tuners with staggered posts to eliminate the need for a string tree.
This neck feels AMAZING and is one of the fastest, most comfortable necks that I have ever played (and I have over 20 guitars now blush ), and I can really rip it up on it! If you have never tried out a raw roasted maple neck with no finish (I own some from Warmoth and Musikraft ), you gotta check one out!

I had an absolute blast building it, and it will not be my last build for sure!

Edited by mikefont (07/14/15 08:46 PM)