Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#44570 - 09/15/15 06:07 PM My EPSi is on its way!
T.C.Kramer Offline
advanced member

Loc: Pennsylvania
A few months ago I purchased an Eleven Rack and was blown away by the sound I was getting out of it. After about a week of playing with it, I decided to get the Singtall SuperPack and was once again blown away at the new sound I was getting. Now after much research on the EPSi, I bought one that Singtall was selling. I should have it in a few days and am anticipating being blown away once more.
Thanks Ross for all your help.

#44572 - 09/16/15 10:25 AM Re: My EPSi is on its way! [Re: T.C.Kramer]
Downrazor11 Offline
advanced member

Loc: Iowa City
If you don't have them already, I would highly recommend the Ownhammer IRs, the ones I like most with the 11r are the studio mixes (two 15-speaker packs, one vintage and one modern, $20 each). It seems to me that among all the offerings that Ownhammer has, these studio mix packs are the ones best suited to the sound of *my* 11r, but the v3 ones would be fine also.

The EPSi is incomplete without an Ownhammer pack to go with it..

#44574 - 09/16/15 08:53 PM Re: My EPSi is on its way! [Re: Downrazor11]
singtall Offline
veteran member

Loc: Louisiana
i sent him the Ownhammer collection that i bought with the Epsi. Ownhammer is the best in my opinion. i ended up combining a couple different cabs to make a nice stereo IR and i left that one on the Epsi as well. i deleted the Ownhammer IR's from my collection as i sold them with the Epsi, but the price of Ownhammer IR's are such that there really is no excuse for pirating a copy. i will gladly pay the $20 all over again if i ever need them. right now i'm using an IR that i made using several other free IR's and that's my go-to cabinet.

#44575 - 09/17/15 06:51 AM Re: My EPSi is on its way! [Re: singtall]
TLTD Offline
veteran member

Loc: Michigan
Yeah those Studio Mix Packs are great. The Modern ones have a cool feel and sound great, the vintage ones have an interesting sound for dirtier blues or metal. I didn't like the v3 ones or really anything I bought outside of the Studio Mixes yet. The Eleven Rack cabinets are still better than some of those, they get some great harmonics and things and will never be obsolete. You have all the best options now that will keep you busy for a long while enjoying your Eleven Rack.

#44576 - 09/17/15 08:59 AM Re: My EPSi is on its way! [Re: TLTD]
Downrazor11 Offline
advanced member

Loc: Iowa City
Originally Posted By: TLTD
Yeah those Studio Mix Packs are great. The Modern ones have a cool feel and sound great, the vintage ones have an interesting sound for dirtier blues or metal. I didn't like the v3 ones or really anything I bought outside of the Studio Mixes yet. The Eleven Rack cabinets are still better than some of those, they get some great harmonics and things and will never be obsolete. You have all the best options now that will keep you busy for a long while enjoying your Eleven Rack.

In talking with the guy who makes the Ownhammer packs, the V3 series was mixed and tweaked for the AxeFx II's voicing, I suspect that is why it isn't as nice a fit for the 11r as the previous studio mix packs were...

Edited by Downrazor11 (09/17/15 09:06 AM)

#44578 - 09/17/15 11:05 AM Re: My EPSi is on its way! [Re: TLTD]
T.C.Kramer Offline
advanced member

Yeah, I'm glad to finally be able to here these IRs on my own tracks and not everyone elses... Now if only I could buy a better guitar playing technique I would sound as good as you guys. Thanks for all your input.

#44579 - 09/17/15 12:08 PM Re: My EPSi is on its way! [Re: T.C.Kramer]
jaminjimlp Offline
veteran member

Loc: Georgia
Great News Bro, you will love it.... I did some research on how to use it and came up with this to help others in there quest for tone... I must say that I couldn't have done this without help from the great guys here..... Epsi Hookup and Settings Tutorial

Edited by jaminjimlp (09/17/15 12:22 PM)

#44581 - 09/18/15 01:17 AM Re: My EPSi is on its way! [Re: jaminjimlp]
Ioannes Offline
advanced member

Loc: Czech republic, Pzen
Hello guys. I have some question and comment. I have my 11R and I love it, no problem. BUT. I recognised some kind of "problem". When I wanted to use tube preamp (in Loop) and internal amp OFF, I am not able to have "nice" sound. I think, there miss some power amp saturation. Because I think, the philosophy (or the signal chain inside) of 11r is: in AMP section is full amp, and CAB is IR between "whole" amp and record. Not between "preamp" and record. I think you understand what I mean. (sorry for pure english).
How is it in ownhammer IR? Are they made between preamp or whole amp (head)? Thanx for answer.

#44582 - 09/18/15 10:10 AM Re: My EPSi is on its way! [Re: Ioannes]
TLTD Offline
veteran member

Loc: Michigan
Ownhammer IRs are mic'd cabinets, but the characteristics of the power amp is captured, so that means the original sound is sent through a power amp to get that sound and come close to mimicing the power amp and cabinet.

With a tube preamp, you want to send that throgh your rear inputs or guitar input can actually work out better because you can tweak the impedence and tighten up the sound and utilize the various capacitors. That's what I evnetually settled with doing because it felt and sounded better.

#44590 - 09/20/15 01:30 PM Re: My EPSi is on its way! [Re: T.C.Kramer]
T.C.Kramer Offline
advanced member

Well, my EPSi arrived on Friday! (Thanks for the speedy delivery). Unfortunitely, I wasnt able to play with it until today. and just as expected, It did not disappoint. What a difference! The only bad thing is that I recently completed 4 guitar tracks on a Velvet Revolver cover I am working on and even though I can re-amp, I am choosing to completely redo all the guitars from scratch. Its gonna be fun. Thanks for all your advice on this forum.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >