Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#44638 - 09/27/15 02:42 PM New FRFR powered speaker from Friedman... Yep...
StratGuru Offline

Loc: Kansas City
Trying to resist this.....

http://friedmanamplification.com/products/stage-monitors/asm-12/

Nice to see these big name amp guys realizing there is a market to be had with us "Modeling Guys". Yep.

#44640 - 09/30/15 07:57 AM Re: New FRFR powered speaker from Friedman... Yep... [Re: StratGuru]
Marc C. Offline
advanced member

Loc: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
That does look nice. But this one I can resist because I think it's too expensive for what it is, and too heavy.
Still... a very nice-looking piece of kit.

#44662 - 10/04/15 08:21 AM Re: New FRFR powered speaker from Friedman... Yep... [Re: Marc C.]
B32 Offline

Friedman is just trying to keep his head above water. People, I'm sure aren't buying his amps like candy, at 3500 a shot. Same with guitars, how and who are these people buying these guitars for 3-4k? I don't get it, I am 43 and can't afford a USA guitar, or amp. Sucks.

#44667 - 10/05/15 11:06 AM Re: New FRFR powered speaker from Friedman... Yep... [Re: B32]
Marc C. Offline
advanced member

Well, perhaps Friedman need to lower their prices if they want to stay afloat. Then again, their prices are in line with other top-tier and boutique amp makers. But, I, too, am curious as to who the heck can afford this gear. I make a living, though a crappy one, playing music. I certainly can't afford anything like that. Or any high-end guitars, for that matter. Clearly, though, I am not their target buyer. I suspect perhaps a dentist who plays for a hobby, or something like that.

#44668 - 10/05/15 01:28 PM Re: New FRFR powered speaker from Friedman... Yep... [Re: Marc C.]
B32 Offline

I agree Marc. I always laugh and am admittedly jealous, when I see dudes with 10k rigs and can't play their way out of Happy Birthday,lol. But hey, who am I to judge, it is what it is.

#44686 - 10/07/15 03:48 PM Re: New FRFR powered speaker from Friedman... Yep... [Re: B32]
DonaldR Offline
advanced member

And everyday I see people driving expensive sport cars who don't know how to properly negotiate a turn. They should have save $$$ on the car and spend that money on driving lessons and track time but it's their money and an easy way to impress the girls smile

#44689 - 10/09/15 08:32 PM Re: New FRFR powered speaker from Friedman... Yep... [Re: B32]
PipeRain Offline

Originally Posted By: B32
I agree Marc. I always laugh and am admittedly jealous, when I see dudes with 10k rigs and can't play their way out of Happy Birthday,lol. But hey, who am I to judge, it is what it is.

I had no idea you've been over to my house. crazy

...And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten...

#44697 - 10/12/15 02:34 AM Re: New FRFR powered speaker from Friedman... Yep... [Re: PipeRain]
jaminjimlp Offline
veteran member

Loc: Georgia
Here is one of our own orange bros showing off his Helix and his Friedman....

#44717 - 10/16/15 09:28 AM Re: New FRFR powered speaker from Friedman... Yep... [Re: PipeRain]
Rushian Offline
veteran member

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Originally Posted By: PipeRain
Originally Posted By: B32

I had no idea you've been over to my house. crazy

Thank god! I thought it was my house he'd broken into!! shocked grin wink