Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#44550 - 09/11/15 10:34 PM New 11R Day!
PipeRain Offline

Welp, "Happy Birthday from Mrs. PipeRain!"

Played with the thing for a couple hours and learned a few things already.
1) I have been using WAY too much gain with stompboxes, my GT-10 and stompboxes.
2) I need to learn a WHOLE lot more!

I picked up Singtall's Superpack (Thanks dude) and d/l's all the presets here. Now if I could just master that Emaj to Emin chord change in 1st position I'll be off and running!

...And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten...

#44551 - 09/11/15 11:17 PM Re: New 11R Day! [Re: PipeRain]
Wannabe Offline
advanced member

Loc: Peoria, AZ.
Wow! What a cool gift.
And you are right. When you finally get something with authentic tube drive, you can step away from all the distortion and let the thing punch to make the power and dynamics you are looking for. Take Back in Black for instance. The sound is all but clean. It is all drive and punch. No distortion. Now begins your quest for the right amount of distortion and the right amount of punch to equal what you want without clouding what the guitar is really doing.
And congrats!!

#44552 - 09/12/15 08:53 AM Re: New 11R Day! [Re: Wannabe]
jaminjimlp Offline
veteran member

Loc: Georgia
she's a keeper!!! congrats bro

#44555 - 09/12/15 10:41 AM Re: New 11R Day! [Re: jaminjimlp]
TLTD Offline
veteran member

Loc: Michigan
I still have to make myself go back and turn down the knobs until I have just enough breakup on patches for the right effect but with clarity. The best things to learn are just setting EQs and compression before the amp and using that to push your guitar input more rather than cranking up all the knobs.

#44556 - 09/12/15 11:05 AM Re: New 11R Day! [Re: TLTD]
PipeRain Offline

@jaminjimlp : Yes, yes she is!

@wannabe @TLTD Yeah, I have a lot of learning to do, as well as technique development. I'm one of those guys that, well yeah, I've been playing off and on for 20+ years, but really it's been more like playing for 6 months, 40 times. I've got ideas in my head though and I want to get them out, but in order to do that I'm going to have to knuckle down and actually work them out. Plus, I'm starting to run low on years and if I am ever gonna get into the ballpark of the quality of stuff that I've heard you guys post up here I need to get busy!

...And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten...