Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#44215 - 08/06/15 01:40 PM 2 daisy chained Tech21 Power Engine 60 to Eleven Rack Settings
stellar.tone Offline

Is anyone using this setup?
I have two Tech21 Power Engine 60's coming in tomorrow..
should I run stereo? since it's only 60 watts, would stereo setup diminish the power of the amps (not be able to cut through drums)instead of running mono? i will be using this for a live setup. I never tried a a stereo setup yet.

I'm a bit confused because the Tech21 isnt really an FRFR speaker, but is it an amp?

Should I turn off the Cab emulation in the eleven rack?

I was wondering what is the best settings in the Eleven Rack that you guys are getting?

From Amp out ? amp only ? Full rig ?

are you using XLR out to XLR in or 1/4" to 1/4"

My Tech 21 amp is coming in tomorrow and would like to know what your settings are for the eleven rack.

Thanks!

Edited by stellar.tone (08/06/15 01:48 PM)

#44218 - 08/06/15 04:59 PM Re: 2 daisy chained Tech21 Power Engine 60 to Eleven Rack Settings [Re: stellar.tone]
Marc C. Offline
advanced member

Loc: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Stellar, I just got a Power Engine 60 last Sunday.

I don't have enough experience with it to offer a ton of advice, but, so far, using JamUp through the unit, I leave all amp and cab modeling on.

It sounds really good. It may not be a proper guitar amp, but it pushes like one, let me tell you. It does sound different from running through a P.A. but not hugely so... a little less ultra-top end and a bit more push in the mid-range, I suppose.

I haven't tried it yet with my (semi-retired) 11R, but since I've had similar experiences with both the 11R and JamUp through various amps and P.A.'s, I'd say it would sound similarly good.

#44220 - 08/07/15 12:17 PM Re: 2 daisy chained Tech21 Power Engine 60 to Eleven Rack Settings [Re: Marc C.]
stellar.tone Offline

Thanks for the reply Marc.