Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#44188 - 07/28/15 04:46 PM singtall presets vs amplifire guy (funny thread)
Christophersad Offline
veteran member

Loc: Italy
found this forum where a guy with an atomic amp amplifire is challenged to match not a real amp,not an ultra rare precolombian vox,not an uberhigain mesawhattafukk mark 99 but....... a couple of singtall presets! i thought i had to share lol smile

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/gear-equipment/294529-atomic-amps-amplifire-modeler-ir-loader.html

Edited by Christophersad (07/28/15 04:46 PM)

#44189 - 07/28/15 05:00 PM Re: singtall presets vs amplifire guy (funny thread) [Re: Christophersad]
Marc C. Offline
advanced member

Loc: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
That is kind of funny, actually.

I've got to say, the Amplifire still isn't doing it for me. I haven't heard any crunchy or dirty tone I've really liked. Surely with this next-gen stuff it's possible to create some awesome tones, but I haven't yet heard any that truly wowed me.
Same goes for the Helix, but it's really early days on that unit, so the jury is still out.

#44192 - 07/29/15 09:26 AM Re: singtall presets vs amplifire guy (funny thread) [Re: Marc C.]
singtall Offline
veteran member

Loc: Louisiana
i replied to that forum. it is crazy to hear that old clip used as a reference.

it's all about the IR if you are using the amplifire. you are better off picking a dark sounding IR to start with. if that isn't an option, roll off highs from 5.5khz or higher.

#44196 - 07/30/15 09:54 AM Re: singtall presets vs amplifire guy (funny thread) [Re: singtall]
dmock66 Offline
veteran member

Originally Posted By: singtall
it's all about the IR if you are using the amplifire. you are better off picking a dark sounding IR to start with. if that isn't an option, roll off highs from 5.5khz or higher.

Agreed. The IR makes a huge difference. I have the exact same preset - same settings everywhere except the IR. I have the same settings within the cabinet block, just a different IR. The difference in tone between the Scumback speaker and the V30 is dramatic. The Scumback sounds AWESOME when I'm at home but the highs become a fizzy swirl in the mix of my band and my tone practically washes out. At home the V30 sounds dull and lifeless but in the mix of the band is nothing short of BRILLIANT!

To echo Ross, I have the high rolloff in the cabinet block at 5.5Khz. That also makes a huge difference.

To me, the AmpliFIRE is the 11R in a pedal form with the added feature of choosing your own IR. They both have a meat and potatoes offering in terms of amp models and effects - but are excellent value for the dollar.

Once you get the right IR - that AmpliFIRE is just incredible!

YMMV - but that's been my experience.

Edited by dmock66 (07/30/15 09:56 AM)
Atomic AmpliFIRE, Avid 11R, Franklin ProDrive, Franklin F-Plex Delay, Line 6 M9