Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#43970 - 06/23/15 08:51 PM Does the elevenrack have patch change latency when using midi controller?
thevisi0nary Offline

Ive looked online and i cant find a definitive answer, i know there is a long change when using the knob. Is it the same amount of time when using a foot switch? This would make it unusable in a live situation.

#43971 - 06/23/15 09:28 PM Re: Does the elevenrack have patch change latency when using midi controller? [Re: thevisi0nary]
singtall Offline
veteran member

Loc: Louisiana
there will always be some lag using midi...it's an old technology. unless you have a device with it's own proprietary cable and system like digitech gsp1101 uses you will experience some delay in preset switching.

having used midi since the 80's....i've always chose the proper time to switch so that the latency couldn't be heard. you have to switch slightly ahead of when you want to hear the change. it's doable.

#43973 - 06/24/15 02:50 AM Re: Does the elevenrack have patch change latency when using midi controller? [Re: singtall]
Markus Offline
advanced member

Loc: Deutschland
The latency is much worse changing presets manually. MIDI is WAAAY faster, don't worry. I have been using the 11r live for years now and it works without any problems. The only thing that is not possible is changing presets while holding a chord or note. But that's true for most digital units. And for some amps as well.

#43974 - 06/24/15 08:30 AM Re: Does the elevenrack have patch change latency when using midi controller? [Re: Markus]
Marc C. Offline
advanced member

Loc: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Patch change latency is very low on the 11R when using a MIDI footswitch. There's some but it's really nothing to worry about.