Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#43791 - 05/28/15 08:35 PM Eleven Rack Static and Stops Working after 10 Minutes
LtGeordiLaforge Offline

Hi everyone, this is my first post and I was hoping someone can help with a problem I'm having with my 11 Rack. So I bought it used a few months ago and everything was working fine but now when I play, it will work like normal for 10-30 minutes when it will suddenly make a loud static/popping sound. When I quickly turn the volume off to save my ears there is no sound at all when I turn the volume back up except a subtle pop every time the volume nob is moved. I've tried changing cables with the same result. I am using the XLR out into a Tech 21 power amp. If anyone has had a similar issue or has any suggestions it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

#43792 - 05/29/15 12:24 AM Re: Eleven Rack Static and Stops Working after 10 Minutes [Re: LtGeordiLaforge]
jaminjimlp Offline
veteran member

Loc: Georgia
try a factory reset

How do I initialize an Eleven Rack to reset it back to factory defaults?
Article #33424
*Warning: Methods 1 and 3 will erase the Sweetwater Artist Presets. Choose Method 2 if you don’t want to lose your presets or make sure you back up your presets before doing a factory reset. You can learn how to do that here.

There are 3 different methods for resetting your Eleven Rack to the factory defaults:

Method 1: User Options: Reset Memory
*Resets everything including Rigs to Factory (last installed FW rev)

Method 2: Hold Rev+FX Loop while booting (will stall on boot splash, must reboot again)

*Resets Firmware but does not touch user Rigs

Method 3: Hold Rev+FX Loop+Mod while booting (will stall on boot splash, must reboot again)
*Resets everything just like 1.

#43801 - 05/29/15 08:07 AM Re: Eleven Rack Static and Stops Working after 10 Minutes [Re: jaminjimlp]
Downrazor11 Offline
advanced member

Loc: Iowa City
Hey Lt, Let us know how it turns out for you in case others run in to the same problem!

#43802 - 05/29/15 09:19 PM Re: Eleven Rack Static and Stops Working after 10 Minutes [Re: Downrazor11]
LtGeordiLaforge Offline

So I tried the second method with no success. I then did a full factory reset with the same results except this time the default patch on startup (a1) made no sound with the same popping noise as the volume knob turns but when I switched patches it worked for a few minutes before messing up again.

#43803 - 05/30/15 07:23 AM Re: Eleven Rack Static and Stops Working after 10 Minutes [Re: LtGeordiLaforge]
strattman76 Offline
advanced member

Loc: indianapolis, indiana
Could you possibly try different outputs if you haven't already. For example the other xlr. Or headphone out. Possibly 1/4" if the tech 21 accepts them. I think I saw a thread where someone had issues with one of the xlr outs crapping out on them.

#43804 - 05/30/15 09:59 AM Re: Eleven Rack Static and Stops Working after 10 Minutes [Re: strattman76]
LtGeordiLaforge Offline

I have tried all of these. Both xlr outs, headphone out, 1/4".

#43805 - 05/30/15 03:02 PM Re: Eleven Rack Static and Stops Working after 10 Minutes [Re: LtGeordiLaforge]
noguud Offline
advanced member

Loc: FL
Do the USB or any other digital outputs continue to work?

Have you changed the case/shelf you have it in, or is it sitting on top of something else generating a lot of heat now?

What is your sample rate / clock setting at? Try setting in on a low setting (44kHz) if not already there, let your unit cool down and try again.

My unit has this type of behavior if hot (running for 15-20 min) and I switch rates. Then it won't restart properly until it cools down. Once it cools down and finally restarts, it is good to go though, as long as I don't change the rate setting...

#43808 - 05/31/15 06:21 PM Re: Eleven Rack Static and Stops Working after 10 Minutes [Re: noguud]
LtGeordiLaforge Offline

`Thanks noguud, my sample rate was set to 48Hz so I dropped it down 44.1Hz. I didn't get to test it out as long as I wanted to but it seems promising. I played for about 20 minutes with no problems. I'll try and keep testing it out and keep everyone updated. Thanks everybody for the suggestions!

#43810 - 06/01/15 06:56 PM Re: Eleven Rack Static and Stops Working after 10 Minutes [Re: LtGeordiLaforge]
LtGeordiLaforge Offline

So I had a little time to keep testing and after ten minutes it messed up again.

#43816 - 06/03/15 08:53 PM Re: Eleven Rack Static and Stops Working after 10 Minutes [Re: LtGeordiLaforge]
Paul in Iowa Offline
advanced member

Loc: Iowa
also check the power cords and power in to the unit and the amp.
bad connection some where.....
do you have a different amp for test???
or test with head phone with out any connection to any other gear.
could be an ground loop took out something inside...
like a ground path......
also check the ground lift switches and the level switches on the rear.... dirty switch or connector??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >