Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#43628 - 04/28/15 10:44 PM BIAS FX!
NARSH Offline
advanced member

Has anyone else tried this? It pretty much rendered my POD HD PRO X useless.

Here is a quick sound sample - very minor tweaking for both the guitars and the Bass. Tons of potential here.

BIAS FX Test

#43630 - 04/29/15 07:35 AM Re: BIAS FX! [Re: NARSH]
Marc C. Offline
advanced member

Loc: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
I have no plans to get Bias FX any time soon. I'll be sticking with JamUp Pro and Bias. JamUp is what I use for my live sound, and most presets use an amp I've created in Bias.

If you're curious, there's a HUGE thread on here for iPad apps already. You may want to check that out:
iPad apps thread

#43631 - 04/29/15 07:59 AM Re: BIAS FX! [Re: Marc C.]
NARSH Offline
advanced member

Wow hadnt seen that.

I also own all the positive grid apps and from what i can tell, sound quality is better in bias fx but all the jamup effects, amps ans such havent been ported over yet. It will come in time I guess. Still amazing value

#43643 - 04/29/15 11:08 PM Re: BIAS FX! [Re: NARSH]
Marc C. Offline
advanced member

Loc: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
From what I've heard in several recordings of Bias FX, I'm not convinced it sounds better than JamUp (or Bias, without effects). The biggest advantages for some seem to be stereo (which I don't need since my PA is mono) and dual amps. That last could be interesting but so far, my sound is so good with JamUp, I have no need to switch. Still, someday I'll probably get it if only to satisfy my curiosity.

If I were starting out with Positive Grid, I'd probably go with Bias FX, if only because I can see that it's likely support for JamUp will sort of disappear now that the new app is available.

But I'm with you... these apps sound so good it's astonishing. Originally, the iPad and JamUp was supposed to be a backup to the 11R, but I liked it so much, I just bought another iPad as a backup, and parked the 11R. I know the 11R can sound great, truly great, but it's been so much more difficult for me to dial in those tones than it's been with JamUp.

#43648 - 04/30/15 06:09 AM Re: BIAS FX! [Re: Marc C.]
NARSH Offline
advanced member

For me its totally backwards.
Ive tried pretty much everything out there and keep coming back to the 11r.
I think so far Ive settled on the 11r fir distorted tones, POD HD PRO for cleans and ambient effects and 11r/vst for bass. Granted, all my distorted and bass tones usually have the protone attack in front of it, ownhammer IRs through the epsi, and a buttload of plugins in the DAW.
The rest serve as fun toys to inspire me or practice when I cant power up everything.