Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#40816 - 09/03/14 04:06 PM Do it on the floor ( my controller set up quest)
ProfessorBen Offline
advanced member

Ok people, after recently acquiring the Singtall preset pack,( mind blowingly good btw) and starting a new job as guitar tutor at a new music school in my home town ( http://www.brevemusicschool.co.uk ) I am being drafted into the 'works band' plus obviously demos and presentations etc. which necessitates a floor controller. After much digging around and checking everyone's methods ( fcb 101 and ground control etc) I realised I had an old multi fx in the garage, dusted it of and plugged it in. Hey presto !! A working midi controller built like a tank, with a digital display, exp pedal and best of all, as it's a multi fx, I can program it to resemble my patches so I can see what fx are on in any patch as I step through them, happy days. There are obviously some compromises, mainly I can't use the tuner function on the controller as my guitar is not running through it which means using a Boss TU-2 and I have had to sacrifice one button to Wha duties, HOWEVER in doing this I have managed to access the toe down switch under the Wha to activate, as a real Wha would. Which is more intuitive for me. the expression pedal is a Korg and I've either got it to control volume or multi fx ( mostly blending delay chorus and verb into a crunch tone of a drive pedal) I'm only just starting to explore the possibilities and the next step is to consider powered monitors or power amp+cab approach to get it loud. Cheers.

#40818 - 09/03/14 04:16 PM Re: Do it on the floor ( my controller set up quest) [Re: ProfessorBen]
ProfessorBen Offline
advanced member

I forgot to mention. The controller gives me bank up down and the 4 presets per bank ( the artistically designed top strip of labels) but by holding down the DOWN. Switch I can access FX mode (cc I think??) which allows me to switch on or off the individual pedals/fx in each patch, the only exception being Wha which I can kick in at any time via the toe switch under the pedal
I plan to make myself some magnetic labels ala the axe fx mfc 101 to make it pretty but I'm just in beta testing of the set as of yet 😄

#40819 - 09/03/14 05:24 PM Re: Do it on the floor ( my controller set up quest) [Re: ProfessorBen]
Marc C. Offline
advanced member

Loc: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Sweet!
I love re-purposing old gear for new function. This also gives you a backup, sound-wise, should the 11R go down for whatever reason. Well done.

#40820 - 09/03/14 05:39 PM Re: Do it on the floor ( my controller set up quest) [Re: Marc C.]
Christophersad Offline
veteran member

Loc: Italy
+1

#40849 - 09/04/14 01:15 PM Re: Do it on the floor ( my controller set up quest) [Re: Christophersad]
ProfessorBen Offline
advanced member

Cheers guys. I plan on making a lil vid of how it works once I've finalised the layout etc. and yeah I am nervous unless my backup has a backup lol