Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#35497 - 11/15/13 04:22 PM What does Intensity and Speed on Fender Twin do?
ADF Offline
advanced member

I'm working on a rig that captures the Wes Montgomery sound, so I read up on him. He was apparently very simple when it came to gear. One source (http://www.jazzguitar.be/wes_montgomery_guitar.html) says he used a Fender Twin Reverb toward the end of his life, and that is the sound I am after. Basically this sound:

I've gotten pretty close, but one thing I notice (and please remember I have very little knowledge about gear so this may sound dumb! confused ) is when I change the controls for Speed and Intensity, I cannot notice any difference in sound.

I don't seem to need them but was wondering what they are supposed to do.

Thanks!

#35505 - 11/16/13 06:16 AM Re: What does Intensity and Speed on Fender Twin do? [Re: ADF]
DAR Fritz Offline
advanced member

Loc: West Michigan
"Speed" and "Intensity" are the adjustments for the Tremolo. Turn the Tremolo button on then move the dials and you will hear what they do.
Focusrite Pro40 FireWire Interface
Digidesign Eleven Rack

#35512 - 11/16/13 12:42 PM Re: What does Intensity and Speed on Fender Twin do? [Re: DAR Fritz]
ADF Offline
advanced member

Thanks! So basically without the tremolo they don't do anything, which makes me feel as if a) my hearing isn't as bad as I thought and b) there wasn't something wrong with 11R.

Thanks again!