Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#4449 - 02/04/11 03:43 PM Eleven Rack + MIA Strat = Sonic Bliss
Riffmagus Offline
veteran member

Oh Yesss, the 11R love is back!!
I recently purchased a second hand southpaw Fender Strat and it absolutely kills through the 11R.

Compared to my other humbucker guitars and Agile 8 this just CUTS through the mix - lovely. And, all the amp models are much more useable and sound just 'right' to my ears.

The cabinet and mic sims leap out a lot more - for some reason I guess the 11R likes low gain pu's and it really is a breath of fresh air. I cannot wait for the new expansion pack to test the new models out.

I NEVER used the M2 before as it was just a fizzbucket - now with a little tweaking I have a perfect Metallica 'Kill Em All' 'Master of Puppets' and 'Garage Days' tone. It makes me want to bang my head and play guitar all over again.

The Lunar Steps preset and selection 2 and 4 on the strat give an instant Gilmore tone. Literally gave me shivers.

I'm recording some more demos and bits to A/B against. But I honestly think I have found my guitar for life, and the 11R is damn perfect for what I do.

\m/ - Riff

www.soundclick.com/riffmagus
11R Soundclips and Riffs In Progress.

http://soundcloud.com/the-good-dr
Electronica and Riffs Mix

#4455 - 02/04/11 08:15 PM Re: Eleven Rack + MIA Strat = Sonic Bliss [Re: Riffmagus]
BerkleeGuitarist Offline
advanced member

Loc: Boston, Mass USA
I miss my strats. All of my guitars have humbuckers now. Will you be posting any sound clips? I would be interested in hearing how a strat sounds throught the 11r. Although that might be dangerous because I am prone to G.A.S.

Thanks
PRS 25th Anniversary McCarty Narrowfield
PRS Paul's Guitar
PRS Custom 24 Wood Library

#4459 - 02/05/11 12:13 AM Re: Eleven Rack + MIA Strat = Sonic Bliss [Re: BerkleeGuitarist]
VaiSatchAtrucci Offline
veteran member

Loc: Nashvegas
Hey man - I've JUST recently gotten a strat within the last 6 months for the first time and here's a few things I did just messing around trying to get a feel for the pickups and positions and what not and recorded these strictly with the Eleven Rack and no other ProTools FX or anything.

Hope this helps give you an idea!

David Gilmour - Another Brick Solo

Jeff Beck'ish - People Get Ready

Stevie Ray Vaughan - Little Sister

#4462 - 02/05/11 04:26 AM Re: Eleven Rack + MIA Strat = Sonic Bliss [Re: VaiSatchAtrucci]
fayser1 Offline

Loc: IE
stunning sound bites!!!!

#4466 - 02/05/11 07:21 AM Re: Eleven Rack + MIA Strat = Sonic Bliss [Re: fayser1]
Str@man Offline
veteran member

Loc: Kentucky
Originally Posted By: fayser1
stunning sound bites!!!!

Hey VSA, I agree with fayser1, your sound really bites man...

#4467 - 02/05/11 09:37 AM Re: Eleven Rack + MIA Strat = Sonic Bliss [Re: VaiSatchAtrucci]
BerkleeGuitarist Offline
advanced member

Loc: Boston, Mass USA
VSA, your tone is spot on. Damn, now I miss my strats! Thanks for posting.
PRS 25th Anniversary McCarty Narrowfield
PRS Paul's Guitar
PRS Custom 24 Wood Library

#4469 - 02/05/11 10:41 AM Re: Eleven Rack + MIA Strat = Sonic Bliss [Re: VaiSatchAtrucci]
DRTone Offline
advanced member

Loc: Northwestern US
Originally Posted By: VaiSatchAtrucci
Hey man - I've JUST recently gotten a strat within the last 6 months for the first time and here's a few things I did just messing around trying to get a feel for the pickups and positions and what not and recorded these strictly with the Eleven Rack and no other ProTools FX or anything.

Hope this helps give you an idea!

David Gilmour - Another Brick Solo

Jeff Beck'ish - People Get Ready

Stevie Ray Vaughan - Little Sister

Great tones VSA! Really liked SRV "Pride & Sister" smile

#4470 - 02/05/11 11:30 AM Re: Eleven Rack + MIA Strat = Sonic Bliss [Re: DRTone]
DrGit Offline
advanced member

Loc: Tampa Florida
Sounds Great VSA....no, really...lol

#4473 - 02/05/11 01:06 PM Re: Eleven Rack + MIA Strat = Sonic Bliss [Re: DrGit]
VaiSatchAtrucci Offline
veteran member

Loc: Nashvegas
Thanks ya'll! I REALLY need the Strat to be set up though, I don't know if its the humidity but the action seems to be getting higher and it's tough going from the JP6 to that but I almost love having to fight it a LITTLE? smile