Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#44756 - 10/20/15 01:51 PM Wet Dry rig questions......
ProfessorBen Offline
advanced member

Hey guys, so I've finally got my 11r rigged up with my amp and it's sounding incredible.
4CM with my Engl Screamer combo. Just wondered if anyone had tried what I'm proposing to do..........
I'm running the 11R as an FX unit only using the amp as my preamp and power amp/cab obviously, with the Rig Out No Cab setting, and all is quite quite fearsome.
HOWEVER....!
I'd like a bit of a fuller broader sound and wondered about the possibilities of a Wet/Dry set up.
I have zero funds to throw at this, but I do have the option of a FRFR powered wedge monitor to use on permanent loan from my dad.........😄
So my question is can I run the Engl with 4CM........AND tap out a feed to the wedge with the cab sim to provide either a stereo or wet/dry rig? Has any one tried this?

Here is my proposed connection path
Guitar to 11r
11r fx send to Engl input ( with all front end amp fx)
Engl fx send to 11R return

Now if I can then just 11r output to Wedge perfect but I doubt I will get anything from the Engl then as the signal has not 'returned' to the power amp so.......

Set output 1(Left) to amp input stage and run this BACK into the fx loop return of the Engl

So I've run the signal back to the 11R and then straight back out again to complete the loop, essentially 4CM without the post gain fx.

Switch the 11R amp sim to bypass but keep the Cab sim active

THEN......set the Output 2(Right) to Full Rig right into the wedge......

So I should have
My Engl with all my pre gain fx ( wah, phaser,flanger, comp and od pedals)
But no speaker sim and no reverbs or delays
And my powered wedge with everything
Pre gain fx, Engl preamp, cab sim, and post gain fx ( reverbs,delays and choruses etc)

I'm getting the wedge tomorrow hopefully and I'll let you all know how I get on, if any ones interested I'll post a few pics etc and do a gear tour of how it all goes together if it works.

#44758 - 10/21/15 12:57 PM Re: Wet Dry rig questions...... [Re: ProfessorBen]
Str@man Offline
veteran member

Loc: Kentucky
Hi Professor,

Man, I'm TOTALLY interested; I don't know if I fully understand all of what you're doing, but you managed to pull me outa lurk mode smile , so any pix videos, etc would be very interesting.

#44759 - 10/21/15 02:17 PM Re: Wet Dry rig questions...... [Re: Str@man]
ProfessorBen Offline
advanced member

Ha ha........
Lurk mode...... Sounds like a cool band.

I got the wedge today, didn't have time to hook it up, but I'll see what I can do over the next day or two......

#44760 - 10/21/15 02:24 PM Re: Wet Dry rig questions...... [Re: ProfessorBen]
ProfessorBen Offline
advanced member

http://s15.postimg.org/c5d0jo5p7/image.jpg
11r is in the flight case, the bag is my pedalboard....

#44761 - 10/22/15 03:18 PM Re: Wet Dry rig questions...... [Re: ProfessorBen]
ProfessorBen Offline
advanced member

Ok..... So I managed to hook it all up quickly tonight and it all seems to work as predicted.

I have my Engl amp running dry with all pre gain fx
My FRFR wedge running wet with all pre and post gain fx and cab sims....

And it sounds HUUUUUGE!!!!!!
On side note I found I could place fx before the loop on clean sounds and select Stereo on the outputs block in the signal chain, thereby getting a stereo rig, cross delays, washing phasers and vertigo inducing rotary speaker sims......

Very happy bunny, I'll post some pics of it in the room, and I'm test driving it in anger on Sunday at pracco, so I'll let you all know what the deal is there, my main issues are going to be balancing the outputs I think from one patch to another...........

Oh yeah just realised I can still send both XLR outs to a desk for live use, WITH cab sims.....fun..

#44762 - 10/22/15 03:28 PM Re: Wet Dry rig questions...... [Re: ProfessorBen]
ProfessorBen Offline
advanced member

#44765 - 10/22/15 10:59 PM Re: Wet Dry rig questions...... [Re: ProfessorBen]
jaminjimlp Offline
veteran member

Loc: Georgia
NICE!!!

Oh and another band name "I got the wedge today" or maybe a song lol

#44771 - 10/24/15 08:50 AM Re: Wet Dry rig questions...... [Re: jaminjimlp]
ProfessorBen Offline
advanced member

Blast! Pracco cancelled tomorrow, no bass and drums, just me and keys, which turns very jazz very fast..........
Next week for audio clips...promise.