Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#44604 - 09/22/15 06:32 AM Guitar tracks not working in pro tools No distortion Just clean
sable904 Offline
advanced member

Loc: Upstate NY
I'll try to be informative. My goal was to have one guitar track and a separate guitar track. Thus enabling me to record guitar 1 then guitar 2 for thick and or act as have one track slightly different in say a different key.
So guitar one came out great, I set the input to guitar one and the output to main out L/R stereo. Then I added guitar 2 with the same settings, but there was no distortion. It sounded clean. I wanted the sound from guitar 1. Does anyone know what happened or where I went wrong? Now I tried recording on what I thought was the good track, guitar one and now that has a clean tone. I'm looking for a heavy distorted sound and I'm not getting it. Thanks Here is the layout :Guitar into>11 Rack to> Main Out of 11 Rack to> Input of BBE Sonic Maximzer to>Input of Crown Amp. Also using Voodoo Ground Control that goes to> the MIDI into> the 11 Rack. Then the USB from 11 Rack to USB to Computer. Then the 2 SPDIFS into > Scarlett Focus Rite in to 11 rack and out from 11 rack to in of Focus rite. Then USB of Focus rite to computer. Again as I mentioned before that guitar on does not have that distortion just a clean sound. Without running my rig thru the Pro tools I have that distortion by just running my 11 rack and BBE and Crown amp.

#44607 - 09/22/15 08:04 AM Re: Guitar tracks not working in pro tools No distortion Just clean [Re: sable904]
jaminjimlp Offline
veteran member

Loc: Georgia
this might have inadvertently got changed from "guitar input"

Q: How can I change which input is going through the Amp/FX processing?
A: Change the "Rig Input" setting.

In Pro Tools, this setting is located in the top left corner of the Eleven Rack control window
Using the Eleven Rack front panel controls, press and hold EDIT/BACK to access the User Options menu. Select "Rig Input" which is at the top of this list.

#44610 - 09/22/15 11:22 AM Re: Guitar tracks not working in pro tools No distortion Just clean [Re: jaminjimlp]
sable904 Offline
advanced member

NO, did not work but thanks.

#44611 - 09/22/15 12:50 PM Re: Guitar tracks not working in pro tools No distortion Just clean [Re: sable904]
sable904 Offline
advanced member

I found the solution that works for me. I had to in Pro Tools use the input eleven Rack L or R instead of using guitar in. Maybe this will help someone down the road someday. The thought just never crossed my mind at first. Thanks

#44612 - 09/22/15 12:52 PM Re: Guitar tracks not working in pro tools No distortion Just clean [Re: sable904]
sable904 Offline
advanced member

P.S I hate to say it but is there a more user friendly engine than Pro Tools? Like Pre-sonus or something that is not a headache almost every time.

#44613 - 09/22/15 03:17 PM Re: Guitar tracks not working in pro tools No distortion Just clean [Re: sable904]
TLTD Offline
veteran member

Loc: Michigan
Yeah Guitar In = DI track for reamping in your DAW. at least on the Eleven Rack interface.