Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#44350 - 08/21/15 12:05 PM Eleven Rack Still The Best Deal in Town!
Justin Online   content

advanced member

Loc: Portland, Oregon
Lately I've been comparing sounds in the Eleven Rack to plugins like scuffham s-gear, Waves GTR3, Recabinet 4 etc. To my ears the Eleven Rack still wins. I've used it with bands in my studio to record and still my all-around favorite. Audiodeluxe is selling them brand new for a mere $299 + $20 shipping on ebay with the Expansion pack and dog-gonnit, I might just pick up 2 more so I have 3 in my studio. Perfect for when I have 2 guitarists and a bass player who all wanna play studio live together. I'm not sure how easy editing on the computer will be with 3 units at once, but it shouldn't be insurmountable.

Yeah, I'm attracted to checking out the Kemper, Ax-FX or units like the Line 6 Helix but I challenge any one of you to say the Eleven Rack isn't an absolute bargain and bang for the buck awesome!! Please take me on, I wanna hear opinions!!

Below is the link to the deal for any interested, no I don't work for AudioDeluxe but do buy plugins from them all the time and they are very reliable in my experience.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AVID-ELEVEN-RACK...=item1e99a26e08

#44351 - 08/21/15 01:31 PM Re: Eleven Rack Still The Best Deal in Town! [Re: Justin]
jaminjimlp Offline
veteran member

Loc: Georgia
WOW, Dude that is a great deal!!! to bad they stopped suporting it, because if they had and added loading IR Cabs I wouldn't have pre-ordered a Helix I would have got another 11r.

Oh, I also appreciate that you allow us to discuss all this other stuff here and not quash it... because you could. I have made some good friends here and enjoy the camaraderie here.

Edited by jaminjimlp (08/21/15 01:37 PM)

#44352 - 08/21/15 03:16 PM Re: Eleven Rack Still The Best Deal in Town! [Re: jaminjimlp]
Justin Online   content

advanced member

Loc: Portland, Oregon
Haha no way would I quash anything here. Everyone who shares makes it better for all of us.

I have to say the Atomic Amps box looks like a deal also - impressed -although I do wish it had a digital out and was a hair cheaper.

#44354 - 08/21/15 07:57 PM Re: Eleven Rack Still The Best Deal in Town! [Re: Justin]
William Offline

Loc: Ga.
Sent the page on to some of my guitar play'n friends. I use an 11R for Bass, my guitar player will use it for laying down some tracks often. For the money, for what it is capable of, supported or not, it is still one of the best bargains around.

#44357 - 08/22/15 06:08 AM Re: Eleven Rack Still The Best Deal in Town! [Re: William]
noguud Offline
advanced member

Loc: FL
I agree - a great deal!

Updates or no updates, it seems the 11R has really gotten out there. You can still see 3-4 new Youtube videos a week of people using the 11R. Lots of new faces using it as well, which is cool.

I don't play out, so I can't justify needing a "backup" unit, but at that price for a new unit it is really tempting...

I will investigate the Helix because that thing just oozes cool - but it will have to offer something that I don't see in the 11R for me to consider that kind of purchase. And no, the IR thing isn't enough since I can run those on my PC.

#44358 - 08/22/15 08:45 AM Re: Eleven Rack Still The Best Deal in Town! [Re: noguud]
William Offline

Just reading here, I wonder if there is a way to get "sales figures" for, say, the last couple 3 years for the 11R?

#44359 - 08/22/15 03:45 PM Re: Eleven Rack Still The Best Deal in Town! [Re: William]
singtall Offline
veteran member

Loc: Louisiana
11R still is the best deal for the money. even if Avid isn't doing anything with it, i continue to make presets for it.

#44366 - 08/22/15 08:38 PM Re: Eleven Rack Still The Best Deal in Town! [Re: singtall]
William Offline

Singtall, we all appreciate it too!!! I just wonder though, out of all the 11R's that have been sold since PT 11 came out, how many of them were bought just to get the program and how many were bought and the owners who did buy them for more than the program, still have and use them? I still have mine with no plans to ever get rid of it. It just works sooooo good live and in recording.

#44377 - 08/23/15 06:40 PM Re: Eleven Rack Still The Best Deal in Town! [Re: William]
PatriotsBuker Offline
advanced member

Dudes! (and any dude-ettes here)

What a timely thread. My old 11R wet the bed. Crapped out. FUBAR. It's as if little gremlins inside are sending it MIDI commands from inside of it, and that's even in stand alone. Jut started the other day. Went through tons of things to figure out to no avail. Sooo, I logged on to see what you guys thought of any of the eBay unit sellers.

I had no idea Audio Deluxe was one. I've bought a butt-load of plugs from them. I just ordered my new 11R minutes ago. Extra $10 shipping and will be here by Thursday. Stoked!!!

btw - I've got the 11R going in & out of PT via an mBox3 thru the S/PDIF and a GT-100 going in the front and mic XLRs for acoustics. The only bitch of it all is having to switch cables on the back of the EPSI you guys talked me into getting. (oh, and another thanks for that one, too.)

My prediction: Avid is clearing out 11R units and they have not had a product well under $1k in the mBox3 quality range, which is the range they use to suck in newbies. Just sayin....

#44406 - 08/28/15 11:05 PM Re: Eleven Rack Still The Best Deal in Town! [Re: PatriotsBuker]
TLTD Offline
veteran member

Loc: Michigan
Yeah I remember after I sold my Eleven Rack, I tried like Every plugin known to man (free and commercial). TSEx50 is pretty cool and has a Pro version now but I can't tell if I would like it yet because it doesn't let you demo the OD & FX.

It's funny how you can start to adjust and be okay with VST plugins and stuff, but every time I heard new stuff from you guys, there was something more analog sounding that I just couldn't duplicate.

I did my shopping around and got mine for around $300 with the expansion pack and a bunch of semi okay presets (Sweetwater ones I think). Good thing for this forum and preset page so I could save time as it's tricky to start all over from scratch.

Now that you can get an affordable cabinet IR loader (Logidy EPSi), it goes a step further for my tastes and I don't see myself moving onto anything else for a long time.