Just wondering if anyone has both the EPSi and the Torpedo CAB, or if anyone has access to both at the same time? I am wondering if there is any noticable difference between loading an OwnHammer or other high-quality IR in the EPSi at 44.1k, 24-bit, full-length (500ms) and loading the same IR in the Torpedo CAB at 48k, 24-bit (but ultra-truncated at only 18.66ms!)?

So there are two variables I am curious to know about, and whether one has a more negative impact than the other in the context of cab IRs: Sample rate (44.1k vs 48k), and IR length (500ms vs 18.66ms). Anyone care to offer any info or first hand opinion on the feel/sound of an IR in both these units?

I have the EPSi and I do possibly want to get a Torpedo CAB for the midi switching capability, but not at the expense of IR tone, and for all I know I may be missing some by only using a 44.1k file.. This conversation on RigTalk about UltraRes (AxeFx thing) and normal resolution got me thinking about IR length and such, and wondering why the OwnHammer files are so long if you only need 20ms of cab IR to "satisfactorily" re-create the speaker event (as stated in the linked conversation). You guys have any thoughts or experience on this?