Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#42242 - 12/28/14 06:17 AM New "old" instrumental song finally done
mlaykay Offline
advanced member

Loc: Slovenia
Hi guys,

so i'm enjoying my days off and i finally had enough time to finish this old instrumental idea i started way back in 2008.
Few years ago i thought about scraping this song since i couldn't apply the usual "intro-verse-chorus" structure to it, but i'm glad i didn't, actually like the way it turned out...it gets more lively if you can make it past the intro hehe..

Links:

https://mladenkalinic.bandcamp.com/releases

https://soundcloud.com/mlaykay/saudade

Hope you enjoy it and happy holidays everyone!

#42248 - 12/28/14 05:17 PM Re: New "old" instrumental song finally done [Re: mlaykay]
Christophersad Offline
veteran member

Loc: Italy
I like it, I imagine sting into the blade runner film dunno why lol smile

#42252 - 12/29/14 12:35 AM Re: New "old" instrumental song finally done [Re: Christophersad]
singtall Offline
veteran member

Loc: Louisiana
listening to this song is why i started playing guitar in the first place.....so much emotion. it takes a special kind of talent to make the guitar sing like that. i can hear a lot of different influences in there. the song really took me to another place, which is what music should do in my opinion.

#42256 - 12/29/14 12:48 AM Re: New "old" instrumental song finally done [Re: singtall]
jaminjimlp Offline
veteran member

Loc: Georgia
A big +1..... and I am glad you didn't scrap it.

#42260 - 12/29/14 08:05 AM Re: New "old" instrumental song finally done [Re: jaminjimlp]
mlaykay Offline
advanced member

Loc: Slovenia
Thanks for listening guys,

@ Christophersad: i'm actually huge Sting fan and interestingly enough, the clean guitar chords are based on "Lunar steps" preset which AFAIK was inspired by the guitar sound in "Walking on the moon" by The Police smile

@ Singtall and jaminjimlp: thank you very much Sirs, that means a lot.