Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#41121 - 09/18/14 12:24 PM Ownhammer IR Libraries
Downrazor11 Offline
advanced member

Loc: Iowa City
Hi guys,

I know some of you have gotten the Ownhammer IR Modern mix library, as I have, and I am wondering if you guys have any other libraries from Ownhammer? Basically I am wondering how these speakers sound in comparison to the Live modern mix of the ALN-BLU speaker. There are clips on the website of I guess people using ownhammer IR's in their tracks, but for the most part it is not documented.

It would be awesome if Ownhammer posted the same reamped clip through all of their speaker models, but in lieu of that I was hoping one of you could post a lead clip with the ALN-BLU (Live-Modern) and with another speaker-cab combination so I could hear how it sounds in comparison?

Again, I know they offer alot on that site, but most of it ranges from $9 to $30 and that is just too much for me to blindly throw in the air. I am mostly interested in the vintage library, but I also want to hear some of the mesa and diezel cabs to see if it is worth getting. If I end up getting the Vintage library I will post some comparison clips as well. At the very least, let me know your impression if you have some other libraries.

My exposure to the world of IR's is very limited but these ownhammer ones ROCK!

#41135 - 09/19/14 08:03 AM Re: Ownhammer IR Libraries [Re: Downrazor11]
TLTD Offline
veteran member

Loc: Michigan
The Vintage Pack has a few of the ones I liked before they officially released it and I can hear that something special in Singtall's tracks that he uses them on. The Scumbacks are awesome, best IRs out there. Mark Day uses them, the Axe FX threads are always about the Ownhammers. You wont find any better IRs. I'm not crazy about the modern ones, I think you could do any style with the Vintage ones and sound great.

#41138 - 09/19/14 08:40 AM Re: Ownhammer IR Libraries [Re: TLTD]
Rushian Offline
veteran member

Loc: New Jersey, USA
I purchased both the Vintage and Modern 412-GTR MAR-CB Studio Mix libraries. There are so many IR's I have only scratched the surface. From the few that I have tried I am digging the vintage IR's most. Having said that the modern mixes do sound better on heavy distortion/thrash type tones.

#41139 - 09/19/14 08:44 AM Re: Ownhammer IR Libraries [Re: Rushian]
Downrazor11 Offline
advanced member

Loc: Iowa City
I think I will end up getting the Vintage mix library this weekend, but I am still wondering how the other cabs sound. This may end up being a $40 or $50 question for me in the end only to find out I like the Modern mix the most.. Such is life. Thanks for the replies guys!

#41146 - 09/19/14 03:02 PM Re: Ownhammer IR Libraries [Re: Downrazor11]
Rushian Offline
veteran member

Loc: New Jersey, USA
You could download the free ones to help you make up your mind, they are a pretty good indication of what to expect.