Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#40916 - 09/07/14 10:03 PM Hi, Just wondering if there is anyone using any othe rack effects along side the 11 Rack
sable904 Offline
advanced member

Loc: Upstate NY
Just curious if anyone else is using any other rack mounts effects along side the 11 Rack and if so, why? Thanks

#40917 - 09/08/14 02:15 AM Re: Hi, Just wondering if there is anyone using any othe rack effects along side the 11 Rack [Re: sable904]
Bzer Online   content
advanced member

Hi!
Not exactly rack mount, but I use the Eventide H9, mostly for chorus and harmonizer. From my point of view, it is a perfect fit for the 11R FX loop. It has a lot of what the 11R lacks.
Effects can be controlled by the midi pedal board, that is very cool.

a++
Berk.

#40918 - 09/08/14 02:52 AM Re: Hi, Just wondering if there is anyone using any othe rack effects along side the 11 Rack [Re: Bzer]
Markus Offline
advanced member

Loc: Deutschland
Does the H9 do intelligent pitch shifting?

#40919 - 09/08/14 06:48 AM Re: Hi, Just wondering if there is anyone using any othe rack effects along side the 11 Rack [Re: Markus]
Orion Offline

Loc: Georgia, USA
My set up is this: Les Paul or my Gibson 6/12 into a splitter box. Path "A" to the Elelven rack into a Peavey Valveking, path "B" to a POD xtLIVE into a Blackstar 60w.

This blend of sounds absolutely kills.

#40920 - 09/08/14 07:01 AM Re: Hi, Just wondering if there is anyone using any othe rack effects along side the 11 Rack [Re: Markus]
TLTD Offline
veteran member

Loc: Michigan
I used the Eventide Pitchfactor, Peavey Cel 2 Compressor, Palmer PDI-09 (with an adapter to convert XLR to TRS), Sansamp PSA-1, Peavey Rockmaster, Mesa Boogie Quad. The nice thing about Eleven Rack is you can slide that FX Loop anywhere you want, so it's very versatile although overdrives and preamps are just better to use into the guitar input unless you want to split the outs so there's a different thing on the left and right. I used to do a thing with a delay pedal that had a dry out and a wet out for subtle widening effects (only using a compressor or PDI-09 on the left or something). All in all, I learned to just like the Eleven Rack for it's own amps and effects, BUT I did like to use a Behringer TO800 going in, even when the pedal was off, it boosted the signal a bit. A clean boost or pedal is going to change the sounds more than anything, even the effects are different sounding with a tube preamp or green overdrive. They are indeed, top notch. The Eventide stomps have an analog filter and work great at the EVH widening effect and doubling and things of course, but the quality will only match your guitar sound so that should be your #1 priority is get that dry tone first. And if you can tweak the left and right to sound different, the effects are "bigger." Even an EQ in the effects loop would probably make a big difference.

The #1 thing I would get if I had the choice is that Logidy Espi C and put that in the loop for cabinet sims, then the on board effects are gonna change dramatically.

#40921 - 09/08/14 07:03 AM Re: Hi, Just wondering if there is anyone using any othe rack effects along side the 11 Rack [Re: Orion]
TLTD Offline
veteran member

Loc: Michigan
Originally Posted By: Orion
My set up is this: Les Paul or my Gibson 6/12 into a splitter box. Path "A" to the Elelven rack into a Peavey Valveking, path "B" to a POD xtLIVE into a Blackstar 60w.

This blend of sounds absolutely kills.

I always wondered what a multi modeled setup would sound like. They definitely have different colors and should sound huge. smile

#40925 - 09/08/14 11:25 AM Re: Hi, Just wondering if there is anyone using any othe rack effects along side the 11 Rack [Re: TLTD]
Wannabe Offline
advanced member

Loc: Peoria, AZ.
I have a simple set-up, but after the 11R, I run a large rack EQ. I believe that the 11R reproduces some un-natural lows and highs that are not really found in the original guitar signal, so I basically run a high and low cut in the EQ prior to the amps. I am going to try a TC Electronics deal with it, as I really like some of the TC effects, but not their drive circuits.

#40929 - 09/08/14 03:07 PM Re: Hi, Just wondering if there is anyone using any othe rack effects along side the 11 Rack [Re: Wannabe]
Christophersad Offline
veteran member

Loc: Italy
i use a gmajor1 and/or a zoom ms70 cdr in the loop, and they both sound great,but the ms70 is unbeatable for the price, it even have some eventide,tc electronics and other brand effects copy!

#40934 - 09/09/14 03:04 AM Re: Hi, Just wondering if there is anyone using any othe rack effects along side the 11 Rack [Re: Markus]
Bzer Online   content
advanced member

I don't know what is an intelligent harmonizer.
On the H9 you can configure your scale if it is what you mean.
For me the fantastic effect is the chorus. The reverbs and crazy delays are cool, but the chorus is really amazing.

#40945 - 09/09/14 11:13 PM Re: Hi, Just wondering if there is anyone using any othe rack effects along side the 11 Rack [Re: Bzer]
jaminjimlp Offline
veteran member

Loc: Georgia
I have an old ART SGX2000 Express in my 11r loop but just using it now for a clean preset, by turning off the 11r fx and amps and cabs just using the fx loop work it. it has dual (right and left) stereo pitch sifters and a ton of other fx, a 12ax7 tube that has 2 of them in one package and a room simulator, hope fully one day I will get some time to work the fx the 11r don't have and set it up with the midi to change it simultaneously.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >