Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#40285 - 07/23/14 11:57 AM Logidy Epsi vs Torpedo C.A.B.
DaytonFlyer Offline
advanced member

I know a few folks have tried the Torpedo CAB with the 11 as well as the Logidy Epsi. I am looking to add an IR unit for live use, and price differences aside, has anyone A/B'd them side by side?

Edited by DaytonFlyer (07/23/14 12:00 PM)

#40286 - 07/23/14 08:53 PM Re: Logidy Epsi vs Torpedo C.A.B. [Re: DaytonFlyer]
singtall Offline
veteran member

Loc: Louisiana
they both will sound identical when you use the same IR and don't use the TCAB poweramp settings. once you engage the poweramp emulation, the TCAB has the edge.

#40287 - 07/23/14 08:57 PM Re: Logidy Epsi vs Torpedo C.A.B. [Re: singtall]
singtall Offline
veteran member

Loc: Louisiana
almost forgot; tip of the hat for Epsi because it loads stereo IR's. it will also load longer length IR's (if you can ear the difference....i can't).

you can take two IR's, combine them to make a stereo IR with a different cab on each side and have a wicked nice tone.

#40288 - 07/24/14 07:35 AM Re: Logidy Epsi vs Torpedo C.A.B. [Re: singtall]
Bob Online   content
advanced member

Loc: Iowa
Originally Posted By: singtall
almost forgot; tip of the hat for Epsi because it loads stereo IR's. it will also load longer length IR's (if you can ear the difference....i can't).

you can take two IR's, combine them to make a stereo IR with a different cab on each side and have a wicked nice tone.

That was my understanding as well. So I could export the combined IR that I use in MixIR2 and load them into the Epsi. Cool.

I really don't have any complaints about how 11R sounds live. For MY purposes, I tweak a a copy of each preset that I normally use for the room that we are playing. We go in FOH and a powered monitor on stage and feed IEMs.

But, playing with the IRs when recording has made me want to see what I can get live. So yeah, I gonna go with Epsi as well.

#40296 - 07/24/14 05:15 PM Re: Logidy Epsi vs Torpedo C.A.B. [Re: Bob]
Rushian Offline
veteran member

Loc: New Jersey, USA
+1 the more I play with EPSi (I am still working through the free downloads from ownhammer and redwires)the more I am impressed. I have not tried tweaking any of the IR's and have been going through them using the Snappy Tweed preset just so I have a reference I am familiar with and the sounds I am getting blow away the 11 rack cabs! More defined sound with no horrible ear hurting 'edges' or fizz! Highly recommend!!!

Edited by Rushian (07/24/14 05:15 PM)

#40366 - 07/29/14 04:56 PM Re: Logidy Epsi vs Torpedo C.A.B. [Re: Rushian]
JerEvil Offline

I am very interested in this as well. I run a powered wedge for my reference live and direct to FOH from the preamp. I literally got y 11R today. Was using an RP1000.

How big a difference are you all noticing from adding the the Epsi/CAB? Also, are you disabling the cab in your presets?