#38968 - 04/08/14 04:56 PM EZ Mix2?
Intelli-Shred Offline
veteran member

Anyone try this yet?
Morley Endorsing Artist
Nocturne Guitars UK Endorsing Artist

#38971 - 04/08/14 07:00 PM Re: EZ Mix2? [Re: Intelli-Shred]
CelticKnight Offline

Also interested in this product being a bit off a noob in the whole mixing process and if this product were to help, well it would be a Godsend!

#38974 - 04/08/14 08:38 PM Re: EZ Mix2? [Re: CelticKnight]
Marc C. Offline
advanced member

Loc: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
This looks like a good product, especially for quick, no-fuss mixes. And at $150, it's not all that expensive.

#38976 - 04/08/14 10:17 PM Re: EZ Mix2? [Re: Marc C.]
CelticKnight Offline

And this video by fearedse makes it look so simple:

https://www.toontrack.com/tv.asp?channel=tutorials&item=184

Of course, it wouldn't be so easy for us mere mortals but it does give me hope that maybe one day I may make something that I can at least stand to listen to.

#38979 - 04/09/14 07:40 AM Re: EZ Mix2? [Re: CelticKnight]
PatriotsBuker Offline
advanced member

The real question is not if it works as advertised, but how easily does it let you get to the detail to adjust something when the big knob so to speak) doesn't cut it.

There was one line in one of the videos that said something like "if the guitar signal is too hot, simply turn down the guitar input gain and let EZ Mix do the rest." If only it was that easy, right?

So, there is a demo available. it might be worth a look. 0% to 90% (more or less) in an hour does sound attractive. If it's a massive battle afterwards, it becomes less worth it. I'd be curious to hear what you think if you downloaded it and used it on a song you've previously done and tried to dial up something close with this plug. (And also, perhaps, if the preset made it better than your version right off the bat?)

edited to repair a sentence and to add a not a the end.

Edited by PatriotsBuker (04/09/14 07:44 AM)

#38985 - 04/09/14 02:54 PM Re: EZ Mix2? [Re: PatriotsBuker]
Intelli-Shred Offline
veteran member

Looking long and hard at it.. might be putting in for it as a part of my b'day.
Morley Endorsing Artist
Nocturne Guitars UK Endorsing Artist

#38988 - 04/09/14 04:22 PM Re: EZ Mix2? [Re: PatriotsBuker]
Ping Offline
advanced member

Loc: São Paulo, Brazil
Originally Posted By: PatriotsBuker
The real question is not if it works as advertised, but how easily does it let you get to the detail to adjust something when the big knob so to speak) doesn't cut it.

There was one line in one of the videos that said something like "if the guitar signal is too hot, simply turn down the guitar input gain and let EZ Mix do the rest." If only it was that easy, right?

So, there is a demo available. it might be worth a look. 0% to 90% (more or less) in an hour does sound attractive. If it's a massive battle afterwards, it becomes less worth it. I'd be curious to hear what you think if you downloaded it and used it on a song you've previously done and tried to dial up something close with this plug. (And also, perhaps, if the preset made it better than your version right off the bat?)

edited to repair a sentence and to add a not a the end.

Hey Patriot, besides the effect (few) controls, there are input and output knobs, so it's eay to set input gains.

I have EZmix 2, and I think there are lote of useful effects, for buses and inserts (drums, bass, guitar, reverb, tape, compression).

#38990 - 04/09/14 06:21 PM Re: EZ Mix2? [Re: Ping]
PatriotsBuker Offline
advanced member

Originally Posted By: Ping

Hey Patriot, besides the effect (few) controls, there are input and output knobs, so it's eay to set input gains.

I have EZmix 2, and I think there are lote of useful effects, for buses and inserts (drums, bass, guitar, reverb, tape, compression).

My bad. I even went back in to fix it and still messed it up.

Anyhow, I assumed it was easy to dial down the input gain. What I was wondering if simply doing so actually changed anything else that might be needed after the simple gain level adjustment. Mixing is a balancing act at times, combined with an odd sort of summing behavior that often borders on being opposite of what's expected.

#38994 - 04/09/14 09:00 PM Re: EZ Mix2? [Re: PatriotsBuker]
CelticKnight Offline

Originally Posted By: PatriotsBuker

So, there is a demo available. it might be worth a look. 0% to 90% (more or less) in an hour does sound attractive.

I didn't see that Patriot, thanks for pointing that out! I am downloading it now.

#38998 - 04/09/14 11:04 PM Re: EZ Mix2? [Re: CelticKnight]
singtall Offline
veteran member

Loc: Louisiana
i'm all about try before you buy. download the program and try it on one of your mixes and see if it does what it says it does.

i ended up using izotope ozone because IT IS all that and a bag of chips for me. even the factory presets are pretty good.

honestly, i downloaded a hacked copy from the net and tried it for a couple weeks. once i was convinced it was for me, i bought the full pro version. that's pretty much what i've done since day one, try before i buy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >