Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#35092 - 09/29/13 03:04 PM For the Love of ALL THAT IS HOLY..!! Singtall or someone HELP ME..!!
Birdie Offline
veteran member

Loc: D/FW
My save folder for all my working patches was on an external backup drive and the damn thing is dead as a hammer..!

The only patch that really hurts is my Shawn Lane patch. It was the closest sounding patch to his tone on Esperanto (from the CD (Powers of 10)..not live from any of the videos) that I have ever heard and no matter how hard I try, I cannot reproduce it on the 11R or the Axe 2.

SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE..!!!!!!

Sing? Can you tonematch me a preset for that please? Does anyone have this tone, for the axe or 11R either..? Doesn't matter to me..but it is DAMN hard to get that tone..I have no idea what the hell gear the man was using but it is my "holy grail" lead tone and I just cannot reproduce it..

Anyone..?

I am a sad panda.. frown

#35093 - 09/29/13 03:06 PM Re: For the Love of ALL THAT IS HOLY..!! Singtall or someone HELP ME..!! [Re: Birdie]
Birdie Offline
veteran member

Well, I spoke too soon..this must be the same gear he recorded with..

Esperanto Live at GIT

Looks like old Boogies on the stage maybe?

Edited by Birdie (09/29/13 03:06 PM)

#35095 - 09/29/13 07:07 PM Re: For the Love of ALL THAT IS HOLY..!! Singtall or someone HELP ME..!! [Re: Birdie]
singtall Offline
veteran member

Loc: Louisiana
post the best clip you can find of the tone you want, and i'll work it up for you.

why, oh why didn't you post that preset here or share it with somebody that could now give you another copy?

#35096 - 09/29/13 07:53 PM Re: For the Love of ALL THAT IS HOLY..!! Singtall or someone HELP ME..!! [Re: singtall]
Birdie Offline
veteran member

yep..i "thought" it was a download from here..and I just reset my 11R a few weeks ago to get a clean slate and when I went to load it back up, **poof** dead freaking POS backup drive. I even took it out of the housing to see if it was just a connection issue, but the drive itself will not spool.. argh...!!!!!!! frown

#35097 - 09/29/13 07:56 PM Re: For the Love of ALL THAT IS HOLY..!! Singtall or someone HELP ME..!! [Re: singtall]
Birdie Offline
veteran member

Originally Posted By: singtall
post the best clip you can find of the tone you want, and i'll work it up for you.

ok..here it is..this or I send you an mp3 of the actual song from the CD.

Esperanto Lesson #1

#35098 - 09/29/13 07:59 PM Re: For the Love of ALL THAT IS HOLY..!! Singtall or someone HELP ME..!! [Re: Birdie]
Birdie Offline
veteran member

It is so hard to get even close to his tone because it is crisp and "clean" but has oodles of gain and is REALLY processed, but yet, doesn't sound very processed.

The freaking guy was maybe the greatest all time shredder IMHO..I never got to meet him in person, but a reasonably well-known, super guy who is local here was big buddies with Shawn and he has nothing but the nicest things to say about him and his amazing abilities. So sad he is gone..:(

#35104 - 09/30/13 10:18 AM Re: For the Love of ALL THAT IS HOLY..!! Singtall or someone HELP ME..!! [Re: Birdie]
singtall Offline
veteran member

Loc: Louisiana
check the singtall superpack artist' folder and you will see the Shan Lane preset. i did that one quite a while back....not sure who requested it, but it's there.