Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2573 - 10/16/10 06:07 AM Using 11R with HD500? Cabling them together??
TheJudge Offline
advanced member

Loc: Florida
I posted this question in the other HD500 thread, and I thought it might be better to start a new thread.

I am curious if anyone is using the HD500 with the 11R. In other words, are you cabling them together in some way? I would imagine there are probably at least a couple of ways to do it.

I think one could probably use the HD500 in the 11R's loop. You could also hook it up using the "4-cable method" I suppose. Third, I think you could go guitar into the HD500 and use the SPDIF out into the 11R.

Which would be best and why? It probably depends upon what one wants to accomplish. I imagine the flexibility of running both together would be pretty cool and might allow one to mix and match impulses, effects, and amps from either unit.

I would like to hear from those of you who own both units and how you are using them together.

#17921 - 04/06/12 11:19 AM Re: Using 11R with HD500? Cabling them together?? [Re: TheJudge]
Classic_Rocker Offline
advanced member

Hello group, first time posting here. Saw there was no responce to this old post so I thought I would bring it back to life. Just bought my eleven rack and am very excited. As I am waiting for it to be delivered. I am wondering if anyone has blended these two together somehow. I really like the hd500 because it allows me to run my mp3 player and play along with tunes. Does anyone have both units and have you tried using them together somehow? Thanks for any feedback.

#17963 - 04/07/12 08:26 AM Re: Using 11R with HD500? Cabling them together?? [Re: Classic_Rocker]
Classic_Rocker Offline
advanced member

Looking on page 33 "eleven rack live setup" from a downloaded pdf file. I believe I may try inserting my hd500 into the left fx return and send of the eleven rack. In the pdf it is loacated where they have some individual effects pedals on the bottom left of the page.

All I am trying to do personally is find a way to insert my mp3 player into the loop. The hd500 accommodates this with the mp3 input jack.

I don't really want to inport all my songs into pro tools. Lately I have been just putting my mp3 on random songs and start playing. I like this method.

Any thoughts are always welcome.
Thanks