Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#39020 - 04/10/14 05:24 PM some good info
singtall Offline
veteran member

Loc: Louisiana
this is good info for all to know, even though the guy is talking about a pod.

http://foobazaar.com/podhd/toneGuide/

#39022 - 04/10/14 07:00 PM Re: some good info [Re: singtall]
BMoe Offline

Yup, read most of it, Lots of info,, just discovered a new way to use the HD500, has to do with routing, long story short, using A path and placing Mono effects and amp in A path and Muting B path.

Explained here:
http://line6.com/support/topic/2033-pod-hd-500-500x-new-routing-schematics/

I did a A/B comparison with the 11R, using same settings(as close as I could get,using same amps)and surprising they were both good sounding just different.
For my taste, the 11R sounded a little "livelier".

I haven't used the HD500 for months, because I bought a EV elx112p and have been using that with the 11R. At that time, I tried using the HD, but sounded weak. Just recently, happened on a tip about using Path A and tried the HD with the EV.

Still the HD is a very complicated unit when it come to paths, inputs etc. I find the 11R easier to maneuver. Plus its much better sounding with my studio setup.(Mackie HR824's,older ones) and works well with Pro Tools. But my favorite amp sim is S-Gear. But haven't figured out using S-Gear for live yet.

What part of the info interested you? Anything in particular?

They both are fun units to create good guitar amp tones.

From what I see here, on this forum, you are the meambobbo of the 11R.

Anyway, fun stuff.

BMoe

#39023 - 04/10/14 08:39 PM Re: some good info [Re: BMoe]
singtall Offline
veteran member

Loc: Louisiana
a lot of the information on that site is commonly asked questions here. i just thought it was nice the way he laid out the site for anyone to read. good information to know in general.

#39026 - 04/10/14 09:13 PM Re: some good info [Re: singtall]
Eddie Offline
advanced member

Loc: N Richland Hills TX
Great info !

#39031 - 04/11/14 05:03 AM Re: some good info [Re: Eddie]
PatriotsBuker Offline
advanced member

If one can get another unit to get along with the 11R and Pro Tools (if needed), you got your expansion pack right there, and it doesn't rely on the 11R.

don't get me wrong, an expansion pack would be nice, but......

OK, so just offering up a moment of inner peace for everyone. Imagine an 11R with two channel capacity? Like a Keef Richards (and many more) set-up? What sweet textures could be had.... smile

#39033 - 04/11/14 07:46 AM Re: some good info [Re: PatriotsBuker]
dmock66 Offline
veteran member

Someone else sent me a link to this site earlier in the week. He just got a HD500X so I didn't put much stock in it. However, just taking a quick look at the section on gain stages and the frequency bands of pre-EQ and their impact/effect of having too much/not enough - that is excellent information.

I'm going to take a closer look at this site. Thanks for sharing!
Atomic AmpliFIRE, Avid 11R, Franklin ProDrive, Franklin F-Plex Delay, Line 6 M9